IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

42 minutes ago, Cytomark said:

any suggestions on how I get to stream to the rendu? I have read over everything I can find but nothing has worked. I feel like I am one setting off, but I can't find it.

If you see the microRendu in JRIver under Playing Now double click on it to select it and start playback of some content.  

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 4.24.59 PM.png

I just did a reinstall of my MicroRendu. It is on  The  lights are flashing but Kazoo can't find my library. Any help would be appreciated

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

12 minutes ago, Vangelis said:

I just did a reinstall of my MicroRendu. It is on  The  lights are flashing but Kazoo can't find my library. Any help would be appreciated

Kazoo requires OpenHome, not just DLNA.  Either install BubbleUpnP server app on the microRendu (under apps) or install it on your music server, next to say minimserver.  Bubbleserver is not server software but instead an OpenHome extension application.  In either place you can configure it to make a "copy" of your microRendu renderer (say Rendu 1234) that is OpenHome capable.  Then Kazoo will find the "room" called, say, Rendu1234OH.

5 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Kazoo requires OpenHome, not just DLNA.  Either install BubbleUpnP server app on the microRendu (under apps) or install it on your music server, next to say minimserver.  Bubbleserver is not server software but instead an OpenHome extension application.  In either place you can configure it to make a "copy" of your microRendu renderer (say Rendu 1234) that is OpenHome capable.  Then Kazoo will find the "room" called, say, Rendu1234OH.

5 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I'll give it a try.  I don't remember having to set up a BubbleUpnP on my original Mr.  I'm comfortable with trying to set it up on the MR  but I don't want to corrupt anything on my Nas it would be hard to revert back to. 

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

From the Sonore web set up page it displays, no music servers found on your network.music servers found on your network". Ok here comes a potentially silly question,  does this mean my network cannot find the MR?

I  went through the process of installing BubbleUpnP server app on the microRendu, at least I think it was on the microRendu.  I saw the installation page move through the process so I know I'm communicating to the MR  in the settings>Media Servers on Kazoo it displays my MinimServer Synology so I must close here to completing this. I did not see any place where I would type in any identification such as Rendu1234OH.  I know I'm missing some steps here.  I appreciate the help. 

28 minutes ago, Vangelis said:

From the Sonore web set up page it displays, no music servers found on your network.music servers found on your network". Ok here comes a potentially silly question,  does this mean my network cannot find the MR?

On the sonicorbiter.com webpage, you will see your micro rendu listed under Network Players, not Music Servers.  Click on the Manage button, then Audio App Switcher and make sure that MPD/DLNA is the active app.

Then go into Apps ==> Software Manager  ==> Available Apps and install BubbleUPnP Server on your micro rendu.  This gives you OpenHome support which is required for Kazoo. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

6 minutes ago, rickca said:

On the sonicorbiter.com webpage, you will see your micro rendu listed under Network Players, not Music Servers.  Click on the Manage button, then Audio App Switcher and make sure that MPD/DLNA is the active app.

If you are using a Dynamic DNS service, set your fully qualified public hostname here (example: myhost.no-ip.net).
Public host name:
  Auto-detect Apply
Credentials
Login:
Password:
  Apply

Hey I did get to this page what do I type in under the three categories login, password, public host name?

I did confirm, MPD/DLNA is the active app

OK I added something to my post.  Did you install BubbleUPnP Server on your micro rendu following my instructions?

Then dismiss Kazoo and restart it and see what you get.

I run MinimServer on my Windows 10 machine, so I can't help you with Synology.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

12 minutes ago, rickca said:

OK I added something to my post.  Did you install BubbleUPnP Server on your micro rendu following my instructions?

Then dismiss Kazoo and restart it and see what you get.

I run MinimServer on my Windows 10 machine, so I can't help you with Synology.

I don't know if it's installing on my Nas or on the mR?

Here is an error code, HTTP: ERROR: Cannot connect. Check that the public host name is valid and that port 58050 is opened on your router

Here's what my BubbleUPnP Server> Media renders Tab  page looks like if I formatted it correctly 

IMG_0472.PNG

14 minutes ago, Vangelis said:

I don't know if it's installing on my Nas or on the mR?

Here is an error code, HTTP: ERROR: Cannot connect. Check that the public host name is valid and that port 58050 is opened on your router

If you're following my instructions, you are installing BubbleUPnP Server on the micro rendu.

To work around the port 58058 issue, can you temporarily disable the firewall on your Synology for troubleshooting?

I've never used a Synology, so I don't know how to do that.

7 hours ago, ted_b said:

You don't need this... I use Kinsky as my controller with minimserver and the mRendu. Kazoo on the other hand is unpredictable, hence why I don't use it.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 minute ago, davide256 said:

You don't need this... I use Kinsky as my controller with minimserver and the mRendu. Kazoo on the other hand is unpredictable, hence why I don't use it.

Umm, that's not the point.  I answered a different question: why does my Kazoo not work? 

Yes, there are many control points that don't require OpenHome.  I'm glad you enjoy Kinsky (now unsupported).

14 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Umm, that's not the point.  I answered a different question: why does my Kazoo not work? 

Yes, there are many control points that don't require OpenHome.  I'm glad you enjoy Kinsky (now unsupported).

Kinsky is Open Home, its not broken and its Linn's predecessor to Kazoo. As far as I'm concerned, Kazoo is the equivalent to "Windows Vista"  in Linn's software offers.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

18 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Kinsky is Open Home, its not broken and its Linn's predecessor to Kazoo. As far as I'm concerned, Kazoo is the equivalent to "Windows Vista"  in Linn's software offers.

?  You are arguing with the wrong guy.  I got involved to help Vangelis get Kazoo working, as did others.  If you want to convince him to use Kinsky instead, quote him, not me!

9 hours ago, Vangelis said:

Vangelis, Kazoo in my experience has always been buggy in its recognition of network devices whereas Kinsky rarely has a problem. I'd suggest you verify if Kinsky works, if it does, the issue is most likely the Kazoo client.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Some tips:

1. If Kazoo can't see your media it has nothing to do with the microRendu.

2. For setting up BubbleUPnP Server on the microRendu go this link. This will allow Kazoo to see the microRendu and work properly with it: 

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz-setup-with-openhome/ 

When I installed my first mR  I did not install a  BubbleUPnP Server or open Home app yet it worked just fine.  Maybe I corrupted something. Is there a way deflate  my install configuration on the mR and start over?  I did install the BubbleUPnP and Open Home  and it doesn't work so I would like to additional delete that app on my mR,  but I can't figure that out.

Under MPD / DLNA Renderer Settings it displays USB output, should it show my DAC instead? 

I would pay for senior phone support if it was offered.  Pretty frustrating.  I ran three companies and I can even complete my own tax return but this stuff is just Latin to me  

15 minutes ago, Vangelis said:

I did install the BubbleUPnP and Open Home  and it doesn't work so I would like to additional delete that app on my mR,  but I can't figure that out.

Under MPD / DLNA Renderer Settings it displays USB output, should it show my DAC instead? 

If you want to uninstall BubbleUPnP Server on your micro rendu go to

Apps ==> Software Manager ==> Installed Apps

Click on the icon for BubbleUPnP Server, then click Delete

However, I doubt the problem you're having comes from installing BubbleUPnP Server.

Did you try rebooting your micro rendu (System ==> Reboot)?  Did you try delete/reinstall of Kazoo on your control point?

Jesus (from Sonore) may be willing to remote into your micro rendu and help you figure out what's wrong.  Just send him an email.  I will send you a private message with his email address.

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2017 at 7:44 PM, Tinknocker said:

Can I set up my microRendu with a motoX Phone. I have an eathernet connection from my wireless cable modem.

I've tried using the easy start up guide and have not had any luck. Someone please get me going in the right direction.

You can use the Chrome browser on a Moto X phone to access sonicorbiter.com, or if you know the IP assigned to the microRendu then the same thing is accomplished by typing that into the browser's address bar as opposed to sonicorbiter.com (6 of one, half a dozen of the other).

Why would you want to do that from a phone, you don't have a computer?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group