IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

• 1 month later...

Can someone help for my issue as i can't stream my music through microRendu despite my DAC appeared in Apps / DAC Diagnostics

Yesterday, suddenly one of my music file played from itself for 1 min in my jRiver and then i can't run any other music files.

I tried both direct connection to my laptop and a regular one through my router but so far i can't run my music.

Any thoughts and advices.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say, the past hour or two have been a massively frustrating experience.   I received my mR today - 1.3 board - downloaded Roon, and proceeded to slowly follow the configuration process.  2 hours later, all I can get is sound playing through my MacBook.

First impressions of Roon?  Prime example of a ridiculously over-complicated product.  I hate it. Makes me want to run, screaming, back to Audirvana. Layers and layers of useless clutter; can't find anything. I really don't need an encyclopedia  about every artist I'm listening to.  I just want to listen to the music, and I want speedy navigation.  Get me the heck out of here. 

Sonore?  Pretty Mickey Mouse.  Practically zero information in the set up instructions if things aren't working.  It kind of assumes you're a computer nerd if you want to use their product. Big fat zero, so far. 

Before you wonder....everything 'appears' to be correctly configured.  The mR appears to be seeing my Schiit Eitr.  Roon and Tidal are set up.

I take my hat off to all you folks with the  capability to make this stuff play music.

I'm about to give up :-(

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Hey @OldBigEars ... it's worth persevering. Someone here will come up with a eureka moment ! I'll check back later as I have to go away ... but FIRST try Audirvana > mR  > EITR to see if that all works. 

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

Roon is for people who like the metadata, links, and other information it provides. As well as Tidal integration.

If you aren't interested in any of that, not much point to it and you would probably be better of with something like Foobar, JRiver, or Audivarna.

mR? Should be close to plug and play. Plug the ethernet end into your router, and the USB end into your DAC or your EITR. If your music library is on a computer connected to the same network, http://sonicorbiter.com/my/ should give you a link to the UI of the mR. You might need to go into the settings of the mR interface and make sure it sees your DAC.

After that, the App Switcher function in the mR user interface should let you choose the playback mode. Choose one, and then on your music server machine open the playback software that is relevant and make sure it knows it is supposed to output to the mR/network.

If that isn't working, let us know what is going on. Once set up, the mR should require close to zero maintenance and just work. I'm outputting the from Roon to the mR and have close to zero glitches over months of use. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

I have to say, the past hour or two have been a massively frustrating experience.   I received my mR today - 1.3 board - downloaded Roon, and proceeded to slowly follow the configuration process.  2 hours later, all I can get is sound playing through my MacBook.

First impressions of Roon?  Prime example of a ridiculously over-complicated product.  I hate it. Makes me want to run, screaming, back to Audirvana. Layers and layers of useless clutter; can't find anything. I really don't need an encyclopedia  about every artist I'm listening to.  I just want to listen to the music, and I want speedy navigation.  Get me the heck out of here. 

Sonore?  Pretty Mickey Mouse.  Practically zero information in the set up instructions if things aren't working.  It kind of assumes you're a computer nerd if you want to use their product. Big fat zero, so far. 

Before you wonder....everything 'appears' to be correctly configured.  The mR appears to be seeing my Schiit Eitr.  Roon and Tidal are set up.

I take my hat off to all you folks with the  capability to make this stuff play music.

I'm about to give up :-(

I understand that you are having issues with your Schitt Eitr. The Schitt Eitr USB interface reports to our operating system a streaming format that it does not appear to support. It's working fine for some and not for others so they may have firmware variations in the field. I sent an email to Schitt letting them know and I have not heard back from them. BTW I love Mickey Mouse, but I don't appreciate our work being ridiculed in a public forum.        

13 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I understand that you are having issues with your Schitt Eitr. The Schitt Eitr USB interface reports to our operating system a streaming format that it does not appear to support. It's working fine for some and not for others so they may have firmware variations in the field. I sent an email to Schitt letting them know and I have not heard back from them. BTW I love Mickey Mouse, but I don't appreciate our work being ridiculed in a public forum.        

Well I do apologize for the Micky reference, especially as I eventually figured out that the problem resulted from me not entering correctly the DAC type.  My bad, although I would respectfully suggest you could do well to improve the way this question is expressed.  After about 2 hours, I cracked the code and got everything going just after midnight.  

My experience with Roon amplified my frustration ten fold and led to my inexcusably rude outburst.  It's a personal view of course, but I'll drop Roon at the first opportunity.  Even the most simple tasks are, IMHO, obscure or smothered in needless complexity.  While we're talking - how do you delete an album from your Roon library?  It's a bit like being a tourist in Kazakhstan (no offense...) and trying to buy a beer.  

So I eventually cracked it with my new mR and am enjoying the fruits of my work last night, with a fine glass of wine listening to Pat Metheny.  It sounds very nice.  No need to bother Schiit, in this particular case.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

35 minutes ago, OldBigEars said:

While we're talking - how do you delete an album from your Roon library?  

Wrong thread but Click the on the box with the 3 dots next to the album cover.  Then scrool down to edit.  There you can choose to hide or delete the album.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Roon_User_Guide  This guide may answer several questions and it's good way to understand how Roon works.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

• 2 weeks later...

I'm certainly not going to open a new thread on this ... but answer to the Kazakhstan beer query is ...?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Rookie question - Too lazy to read thru this thread, there is no manual on the Sonore site, and the Audiostream review is not explicit . . .

I don't have a NAS. Can I insert the microRendu between my DAC and my PC (which I currently use as my server)? My PC has two SSDs, one with the OS and music player (JRMC) and one with the music files. I also have my music backed-up on an external drive, connected via eSATA.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

49 minutes ago, jaaptina said:

microRendu is meant to be placed  between a wired network (router) and dac. It's ethernet in and USB out. You can use a computer in the network as server. 

Thanks for the reply. So, I can't simply connect to my PC using ethernet? I *must* use a network with a router?

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

6 hours ago, beetlemania said:

Rookie question - Too lazy to read thru this thread, there is no manual on the Sonore site, and the Audiostream review is not explicit . . .

I don't have a NAS. Can I insert the microRendu between my DAC and my PC (which I currently use as my server)? My PC has two SSDs, one with the OS and music player (JRMC) and one with the music files. I also have my music backed-up on an external drive, connected via eSATA.

The O/S running on the microRendu, Sonicorbiter, is not programmed to support a static IP address.  It wants to use DHCP to assign an IP.  A DHCP server normally runs on a router but if you can get one to run on your PC then the microRendu should be happy.  Perhaps Sonore can explain why they did this as it looks dumb.

15 hours ago, d_elm said:

but if you can get one to run on your PC then the microRendu should be happy.

So, a definite maybe!

My CAPS-like server is coming on 6 years old, starting to think about a Melco but the microRendu caught my attention as a possible less expensive alternative.

On 10/5/2017 at 5:42 PM, beetlemania said:

So, I can't simply connect to my PC using ethernet? I *must* use a network with a router?

You can use a network bridge if you have two network adapters on your PC.  For example, I made a network bridge from the motherboard ethernet and a PCIe wifi card.  The microRendu is connected via ethernet cable to the motherboard ethernet port, and the wifi is used to access the internet via my router.  It works great.  

Here's a pretty good guide to creating a network bridge.  In my experience it was very easy.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-and-manage-network-bridge-connection-windows-10

Note that this is not officially supported by Sonore.  Sonore wants you to connect the microRendu to your router or switch.

I should add that I've only tested this configuration using DLNA/MPD on the microRendu.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's