IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

I'm considering that I may have a setting on the mR incorrect somewhere. Just a guess at this point. I am able to play the Soekris DAC with it switched to mode 1, but mode 1 makes for tremendous glitches, playback one song then stuck, etc.

Mode 2 is the proper mode and has no gliching/problems. But no sound.

Here's my diagnosis:

XMOS Soekris dac1101 USB Audio 2.0 at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:

Interface = 1

Altset = 1

Packet Size = 127

Momentary freq = 95999 Hz (0xb.fff8)

Feedback Format = 16.16

Interface 1

Altset 1

Format: S32_LE

Channels: 2

Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)

Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000

Data packet interval: 125 us

Interface 1

Altset 2

Format: S16_LE

Data packet interval: 125 us

Interface 1

Altset 3

Format: SPECIAL DSD_U32_BE

Data packet interval: 125 usaccess: RW_INTERLEAVED

format: S32_LE

subformat: STD

channels: 2

rate: 96000 (96000/1)

period_size: 12000

buffer_size: 48000

I'm considering that I may have a setting on the mR incorrect somewhere. Just a guess at this point. I am able to play the Soekris DAC with it switched to mode 1, but mode 1 makes for tremendous glitches, playback one song then stuck, etc.

Mode 2 is the proper mode and has no gliching/problems. But no sound.

I don't think so, and what setting would that be ?

Are there that many in MicroRendu. (I've never seen [emoji3])

Anyway it's 3 in the morning here in Oslo, and had som red wine, so I don't think I can add any more sensible.

In one way or ananother you have to do some sort of eliminations if possible to isolate the source of problem.

Use other sources and get sound out of that DAC. Even double check your amp/preamp with a working source on same inputs if needed.

Point of clarification: I am using the Lumin app, not the hardware.

Then, start making it work without that app.

At least then you have removed one possible error.

Try Tidal, or if your not a subscriber, maybe Foobar ?

Maybe change to dnla, Squeezelite or whatever you are familiar with.

You must find a clever way, workaround to make that DAC work.

Maybe even leave the MicroRendu out of the chain if needed.

And when everything is a total mess, read the user guide [emoji3]

"LUMIN uses the Linn UPnP AV Extension and it is our intention to provide the LUMIN App for use with other systems that also use this extension. Currently, however, no warranty or guarantee of operation can be provided with systems other than LUMIN.

The LUMIN App will not currently control generic UPnP devices."

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Thank you for the additional thoughts. To humor myself I inserted a different dac and it played immediately with full sound no trouble. Only problem, that other dac doesn't sound as good as Soekris. Not close.

So maybe back to John's post, and anyway you may already found the source of the problem. Your DAC. At lest that how I understand it.

Maybe list it, and go for the Holo Spring [emoji3]

Anyone else out there who has had success with mR and Soekris DAC1101?

Mine was working nicely until two days ago when it started doing the same thing yours is doing, everything looks good, but no sound. It works on windows and other linux machines, just not the microRendu. So far I have not figured out how to fix this. Other DACs work fine on the microRendu so it does not seem to be some form of generic problem.

One thing I noticed is that the DAC has a S16_LE mode as well as the usual S32_LE mode, thus the software MIGHT be sending 16 bit samples when the DAC is set to 32 bit samples. One thing to try is playing a 24 bit file, which should force it to use the 32 bit mode.

I'm going to do some more tests later on today and see what happens.

John S.

No success yet. Tried several times to save. I also unplugging dac and mR several times. Lumin shows music playing, still I get no sound.

just so I'm doing it right, let me ask you John about saving. I'm going SETTINGS>SYSTEM SETTINGS I'm saving Network settings first then Custom DAC settings. All this done while music playing. Is this correct?

You should not be in custom settings. If you configures anything here...undo it and press save.

Also, if you are going to use the Lumin APP you should set up BubbleUPnP Server and make the microRendu into an OpenHome renderer. Follow the Linn Kazoo setup here and select the OpenHome renderer in the Lumin APP:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-tidal-qobuz-setup-openhome-28520/

You should not be in custom settings. If you configures anything here...undo it and press save.

I wasn't in custom settings, was following advice:

"I HAVE also had the "no sound" from it. The way I have fixed it is to go to the settings page, make sure everything is correct, then press the "Save changes" button, EVEN if you didn't change anything! This makes sure the program is using the current settings."

I wasn't in custom settings, was following advice:

"I HAVE also had the "no sound" from it. The way I have fixed it is to go to the settings page, make sure everything is correct, then press the "Save changes" button, EVEN if you didn't change anything! This makes sure the program is using the current settings."

That doesn't hurt anything.

I've just taken delivery of an mR

In basic DLNA mode using JRMC as the player all is well except I don't seem to be able to play any DSD256 files. I've tried two players and the result is the same, no sound. I also noted a couple seem to be getting transformed to PCM 352. and it won't play 24bit files either

Coupling the PC directly to the USB port of the Teac UD-503 and all files play happily. could this be a limitation of DNLA? I hope not.

I also tried setting the mR to Roon ready, but the Roon player on the PC doesn't see it all.

Any help gratefully received.

JRiver does not seem to support DSD256 streaming. The settings for JRiver can be found here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-digital-living-network-alliance-mpd-output-mode-27265/

Also, if you are going to use the Lumin APP you should set up BubbleUPnP Server and make the microRendu into an OpenHome renderer. Follow the Linn Kazoo setup here and select the OpenHome renderer in the Lumin APP:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-tidal-qobuz-setup-openhome-28520/

I appreciate the advice, however, I have installed BubbleUPnP. The mR works well using a Centrace DAC, but I want to use my much better sounding DAC from Soekris. That's where the problem begins, for some reason the Soekris in mode 1 has glitches, won't play for but one song before freezing up.

In mode 2 on the Soekris everything works perfect, but I get no sound.

@vortecjr This may be a Roon support problem and not yours but i thought i'd just try just in case...

I recently tried the direct connection / network bridging method with my Mac Mini and microRendu without success so decided to scrap it for now and go back to the traditional router ethernet connection, however now Roon doesn't see the Rendu as a zone anymore.

I can access the Rendu's webpage from the Mac no problem. I've rebooted the Rendu several times, i've restarted RoonReady mode, i've rebooted the Mac Mini, not sure what's going on at this point.

Have you come across this happening and have seen any solutions?

Btw, the Mac is running El Capitan hardwired to a Linksys WRT3200AC router > 15m of CAT6A > EMO EN-70hD > .5m CAT8 > mRendu > Arcam irDAC

Thanks

@vortecjr This may be a Roon support problem and not yours but i thought i'd just try just in case...

I recently tried the direct connection / network bridging method with my Mac Mini and microRendu without success so decided to scrap it for now and go back to the traditional router ethernet connection, however now Roon doesn't see the Rendu as a zone anymore.

I can access the Rendu's webpage from the Mac no problem. I've rebooted the Rendu several times, i've restarted RoonReady mode, i've rebooted the Mac Mini, not sure what's going on at this point.

Have you come across this happening and have seen any solutions?

Btw, the Mac is running El Capitan hardwired to a Linksys WRT3200AC router > 15m of CAT6A > EMO EN-70hD > .5m CAT8 > mRendu > Arcam irDAC

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the Arcam devices have two USB modes that you can switch between. You have to read the manual on how to switch between them for your model DAC.

Once you have switched it have a look at this:

Also, the microRendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the microRendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the microRendu cable and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

I appreciate the advice, however, I have installed BubbleUPnP. The mR works well using a Centrace DAC, but I want to use my much better sounding DAC from Soekris. That's where the problem begins, for some reason the Soekris in mode 1 has glitches, won't play for but one song before freezing up.

In mode 2 on the Soekris everything works perfect, but I get no sound.

I had that DAC here for testing and I know that it work with it. Try the volume button in DAC / Diagnostics. Also, confirm that the momentary frequency is showing up in DAC / Diagnostics when it's playing music. You may have to refresh the page to get the current momentary frequency.