IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

4 hours ago, gixxer said:

Hello,

I have the original, first gen microRendu (silver unit).

Today, received the version 2.5 microsd card in mail.

Powered down the unit with 2.3 card in it.

Unplugged all cables, removed 2.3 card, and inserted 2.5 card, carefully, to ensure the spring, clicking sound is heard when card is seated.

Powered it back on.  Noticed the RJ45 led lights go off for few seconds, comes back.

Waited few minutes.

Tried to access the unit using same URL, and i am not able to.  Times out.

http://192.168.90.194/

This site can’t be reached

192.168.90.194 took too long to respond.

Shoot... so powered it down, removed the card.  And reinserted 2.3 card.  Powered it back on.

And the unit is once again accessible from the Web GUI.

Powered it back down, removed cables.  Replaced with 2.5 card.  Powered it back on.

Still unable to access the unit.

What could be going on here?

Do i just have bad card shipped?

How long should i wait after 2.5 card is inserted, and unit powered on with network cable attached?

I have sent e-mail to Sonore folks, but i thought i would check in with the forum to see if anyone seen such symptom with 2.5 card.

Thanks much.

Did you try starting from scratch and treating like a new unit? Go here:

http://www.sonicorbiter.com

Hi,  I'm not making much progress with this problem....  my mR 1.3 has the 2.5 card.  The problem is that it will only play files up to 24/96.  Any time I set 192  - whether I use Roon or Audirvana - it just cuts the sound.  I then need to reset the bitrate to a max of 96 and restart the player.  My DAC is a Hegel HD25, and is set to play 192 files.  I believe I've eliminated other factors from suspicion, such as the Schiit Eitr.  Just can't figure this out - I'm guessing it must be something in the settings but it seems that I've tried everything.  Your help would be appreciated.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

4 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

Hi,  I'm not making much progress with this problem....  my mR 1.3 has the 2.5 card.  The problem is that it will only play files up to 24/96.  Any time I set 192  - whether I use Roon or Audirvana - it just cuts the sound.  I then need to reset the bitrate to a max of 96 and restart the player.  My DAC is a Hegel HD25, and is set to play 192 files.  I believe I've eliminated other factors from suspicion, such as the Schiit Eitr.  Just can't figure this out - I'm guessing it must be something in the settings but it seems that I've tried everything.  Your help would be appreciated.

Can you post an image of Apps / DAC Diagnostics?

On 11/2/2017 at 4:37 AM, vortecjr said:

I would think you would feel ripped off if we did not offer you support. However, we are sending you a replacement SD card (per our offline emails) in an attempt to correct the issue. FYI The units are tested in batches and then placed in a ready bin for future sale. It's unfortunate this unit has an issue, but these things happen.   

Thank you for your act of responsible and great support. I am still waiting for the micro sd card. It’s been two week already still didn’t receive yet.

6 hours ago, arrjmai said:

Thank you for your act of responsible and great support. I am still waiting for the micro sd card. It’s been two week already still didn’t receive yet.

Per our email exchanges the card was shipped and it will take time to arrive.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:51 PM, vortecjr said:

Can you post an image of Apps / DAC Diagnostics?

Hopefully you can see the image of my Apps/DAC diagnostics?

Thanks for your advice on how to solve this.

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 11.51.09 AM.png

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

1 hour ago, OldBigEars said:

Hopefully you can see the image of my Apps/DAC diagnostics?

Thanks for your advice on how to solve this.

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 11.51.09 AM.png

Try this:

Go to Settings/Squeezelite and select format = 24_3 and press Save.

Go to Roon and Enable Squeeze Box output.

Then Enable the SqueezeLite output and test.

More endless testing this morning....looks like the Eitr is the problem.  Anything over 96 kHz not working.

I'll reach out to Schiit directly

2 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Try that configuration just the same.

Thanks - I've tried that already, as you've mentioned it before.  It didn't resolve the problem.

59 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Can you confirm that you get playback with and with out that configuration just not above 96kHz?

Exactly - I get playback with that configuration but it won't play over 96kHz.

I am trying some minor DSP adjustments in Roon.  Don't know what you mean by wired settings.  I use Power of 2 Sample Rate Conversion with Headroom Adjustment of -2 decibels.  Sometimes I switch it off.  If I use max PCM rate it cuts off.

23 minutes ago, OldBigEars said:

I am trying some minor DSP adjustments in Roon.  Don't know what you mean by wired settings.  I use Power of 2 Sample Rate Conversion with Headroom Adjustment of -2 decibels.  Sometimes I switch it off.  If I use max PCM rate it cuts off.

Will it play above 96 kHz if you remove all DSP functions? 

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Will it play above 96 kHz if you remove all DSP functions? 

Do you mean if I play a native 192 kHz file?  I have one, I think.   Otherwise, the only way to play above 96 kHz is by using DSP, no?

What do you guys think of this unit? I just posted that I bought microrendu direct from the company the refurbished one and it didn’t work then I have offered to replace the micro sd card. I just received the micro sd  card and as I show in these videos. It still didn’t work. What do you guys think if anything wrong with the unit?

1 voltage I used in the video is 8.6v1a (I tried adjust voltage several between 7-9v all are the same result)

2 micro sd card click locked in place

3 both microrendu and MacBook connected direct to the same router 

4 nothing works

F126A240-6F94-4887-B5C0-324E6DE51005.MOV

ED3DA3F6-6115-4C05-B179-2DFE01AE2086.MOV

6FB15F87-AAE3-4358-8DB5-064DEE5BC1B7.MOV

@arrjmai I haven't looked at your movies, but, does the mR see the DAC ? Check on the GUI, Apps > DAC Diagnostics.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

2 hours ago, arrjmai said:

What do you guys think of this unit? I just posted that I bought microrendu direct from the company the refurbished one and it didn’t work then I have offered to replace the micro sd card. I just received the micro sd  card and as I show in these videos. It still didn’t work. What do you guys think if anything wrong with the unit?

1 voltage I used in the video is 8.6v1a (I tried adjust voltage several between 7-9v all are the same result)

2 micro sd card click locked in place

3 both microrendu and MacBook connected direct to the same router 

4 nothing works

F126A240-6F94-4887-B5C0-324E6DE51005.MOV

ED3DA3F6-6115-4C05-B179-2DFE01AE2086.MOV

6FB15F87-AAE3-4358-8DB5-064DEE5BC1B7.MOV

I could not see in your movie if the green light on the network connection also starts to blink when you connect network and power. Does it?

If so, your router should see it. Make sure it is on DHCP, by the way. And open the sonicorbiter site in the privacy mode of your browser to make sure caching is not a problem.

4 minutes ago, esmit said:

I could not see in your movie if the green light on the network connection also starts to blink when you connect network and power. Does it?

If so, your router should see it. Make sure it is on DHCP, by the way. And open the sonicorbiter site in the privacy mode of your browser to make sure caching is not a problem.

Thank you for your advice I will try again and yes Ethernet connected on DHCP mode.

1 hour ago, arrjmai said:

Sonicorbiter web doesn’t see mR so I could not do anything with DAC yet

Have you tried just typing in the IP address of the mR into the browser ?

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2