IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

I bought the ultraRendu to replace my HTPC which was connected via USB to my DAC. After setting up the ultraRendu I noticed that while I can only reliably play files up to 92kHz or in some cases DSD64. When I try to play any of my 176kHz or 192kHz (or DSD128) the ultrarendu struggles, stutters and eventually stops playback. This never happened with my HTPC.

My network is simple, I have all my music in lossless FLAC and high res formats (24bit 88, 96, 176, and 192kHz) as well as DSD64 and DSD128). The music library is stored on a Synology NAS, my network is strictly LAN based (Gigabit router, managed switch).

My HTPC was accessing the same libraries from the NAS via the LAN network and there was never even a hint of lag. Nothing changed in my network except that I replaced the HTPC in my music rack with the ultraRendu and moved the PC to the same switch as the NAS (another room in the house)...

What am I missing?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thyname said:

what do I do?

You could check the SD card, and if you have another working Rendu, you can even use that SD card if it’s version 2,5 

And of cause first one or two reboot.

All lights of cause include lights on the port feeding (the switch) the UltraRendu?

4 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

You could check the SD card, and if you have another working Rendu, you can even use that SD card if it’s version 2,5 

And of cause first one or two reboot.

All lights of cause include lights on the port feeding (the switch) the UltraRendu?

Unfortunately I don’t have another SD card, and no other Rendu.

and the light on router is on. Put back my SMS-200, same place, works fine.

here is a pick of the back panels on ultraRendu and LPS-1

CE4692AF-6A20-4454-B509-22DB66E2A71E.jpeg

72EA5CDF-967D-4BCD-A1CB-912248B7B54E.png

3 minutes ago, thyname said:

Unfortunately I don’t have another SD card, and no other Rendu.

and the light on router is on. Put back my SMS-200, same place, works fine.

here is a pick of the back panels on ultraRendu and LPS-1

CE4692AF-6A20-4454-B509-22DB66E2A71E.jpeg

72EA5CDF-967D-4BCD-A1CB-912248B7B54E.png

So did you power it off and remove the SD card and put things back again ?

4 minutes ago, thyname said:

Nope. As I said, my sms-200 works fine. Same place. Same connection

Time to request a rma ?

Just one more thing:

Are you able by looking at your dhcp server what the IP address of the MicroRendu is ?

If yes, then you type in that address of cause and check what happens. 

3 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Time to request a rma ?

Just one more thing:

Are you able by looking at your dhcp server what the IP address of the MicroRendu is ?

If yes, then you type in that address of cause and check what happens. 

How do I do that? I have a lot of devices connected to my network, about 28.

If you have located your DHCP server. And observed all assigned IP addresses and you’re quite sure the UltraRendu isn’t there, then that’s just another prove it’s most likely something wrong with the UltraRendu. 

You could as a last test plug it direct to the router without the usb and observe what’s happening and very the SonicOrbiter as well. 

And before that power of the switch in front of the UltraRendu in order to clear it. Give it 30 sec before power on again. If not help, then direct to the router as a last test. 

14 minutes ago, thyname said:

It’s late, I understand

We don't sleep in Miami.  I hope you get it sorted out, I know how disappointing it is when something brand new doesn't work.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 hours ago, thyname said:

Just did. They were both already checked.

5EF1FFAC-DA9E-470E-A3D9-B68672429B1B.png

Well, if you remove all Ethernet cables (not the wlan)  from that router. Reboot and add only the UltraRendu and observe if it gets an IP address. 

Your iPad will still connect, so you can use the iPad to login to your router. You may switch off any other wireless item if you get to many ip addresses to check.

But make sure you understand from the user manual how to read the IP address of the connected devices. 

It seems very strange that lights in both the router and UltraRendu show communication and no ip assigned. 

You should probably also add the sms-200 and observe how that get an IP address assigned. Just so you really are 100 % sure the UltraRendu doesn’t get an IP. 

Allow for min one minute for the UltraRendu to get the IP address. 

(No usb device needed). 

I suggest that that as a general rule you assign a fixed IP address (page 164) with names to any hardwired device. And that those ip addresses is within a different range than the DHCP server. See page 72 & 162. 

So in general only items you frequently move or unplug, and all wireless items use the DHCP service. 

This is will help you use RDT if needed, and also access your UltraRendu with the same IP address every time.  

As an example you assign all address above 192.168.50.100 to DHCP, and use the available addresses between 192.168.50.2 to 192.168.50.99 to fixed ip addresses. 

The number 50 can be “anything” or just keep the original 1 I think it is. 

The last number can’t be 1. That should be used by your router. (Yes, you can do differently).