IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

4 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

You can use the Chrome browser on a Moto X phone to access sonicorbiter.com, or if you know the IP assigned to the microRendu then the same thing is accomplished by typing that into the browser's address bar as opposed to sonicorbiter.com (6 of one, half a dozen of the other).

Why would you want to do that from a phone, you don't have a computer?

Yes at this moment I have no computer. I am researching what type would be best for my simple needs. 

I've had no success at this time with my network acknowledgeing the rendu. 

1 minute ago, Tinknocker said:

Yes at this moment I have no computer. I am researching what type would be best for my simple needs. 

I've had no success at this time with my network acknowledgeing the rendu. 

So you type sonicorbiter.com into the Chrome browser address bar and it finds nothing?

Do you have the Fing app on your Moto X? If so, do you see the microRendu with an assigned IP address?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 minute ago, MikeyFresh said:

So you type sonicorbiter.com into the Chrome browser address bar and it finds nothing?

Do you have the Fing app on your Moto X? If so, do you see the microRendu with an assigned IP address?

Yes I type sonicorbiter.com into my chrome browser and it says no music player and or no music server found. " I believe that's what it says from memory.

No I don't have the fing app on my Moto x.

14 minutes ago, Tinknocker said:

Yes I type sonicorbiter.com into my chrome browser and it says no music player and or no music server found. " I believe that's what it says from memory.

No I don't have the fing app on my Moto x.

In Sonicorbiter, disregard the Music Server tab as it only applies to Sonore brand servers, you are interested in the pane thats says Network Players.

Hit the Refresh circular arrow and see if you can make your unit appear.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

3 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

In Sonicorbiter, disregard the Music Server tab as it only applies to Sonore brand servers, you are interested in the pane thats says Network Players.

Hit the Refresh circular arrow and see if you can make your unit appear.

I will try again after work tomorrow. I have taken the mrendu out of the system for now. I did try the refresh circle and nothing changed.

I just downloaded the app you mentioned and will try again tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Frank

Just now, Tinknocker said:

I will try again after work tomorrow. I have taken the mrendu out of the system for now. I did try the refresh circle and nothing changed.

I just downloaded the app you mentioned and will try again tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Frank

When you try tomorrow, you need to be sure the phone is connected to the same network as the microRendu, though obviously the phone will be via WiFi and the mRendu via Ethernet.

Assuming the two are on the same network, also then pay attention to the LEDs on the microRendu's Ethernet port, you should see some activity there if the microRendu has been assigned an IP by your router.

Make sure you hit the Refresh for the Network Player tab, and not the one for Network Server, as previously mentioned thats only for Sonore branded servers.

If you have no computer, where is the music stored, on a NAS?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

18 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

When you try tomorrow, you need to be sure the phone is connected to the same network as the microRendu, though obviously the phone will be via WiFi and the mRendu via Ethernet.

Assuming the two are on the same network, also then pay attention to the LEDs on the microRendu's Ethernet port, you should see some activity there if the microRendu has been assigned an IP by your router.

Make sure you hit the Refresh for the Network Player tab, and not the one for Network Server, as previously mentioned thats only for Sonore branded servers.

If you have no computer, where is the music stored, on a NAS?

I've had time to re insert the rendu into the network this afternoon. Within the Fing app it is showing that it's there. When I go to sonicorbitor it saying no player on network.

I've taken a couple screen shots of the Fing app and will try and include them with this post.

Screenshot_2017-06-05-16-34-12.png

Screenshot_2017-06-05-16-32-59.png

Just now, Tinknocker said:

I've had time to re insert the rendu into the network this afternoon. Within the Fing app it is showing that it's there. When I go to sonicorbitor it saying no player on network.

I've taken a couple screen shots of the Fing app and will try and include them with this post.

Screenshot_2017-06-05-16-34-12.png

What if you enter the IP address noted in Fing for the microRendu into Chrome, instead of sonicrobiter.com, can you then see the set-up screen?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

34 minutes ago, Tinknocker said:

This is what I see now. I've edited the last post.

Screenshot_2017-06-05-17-07-46.png

Click the icon on the right upper side of the black bar that is 3 short horizontal lines to enter the set-up screen menu, select the mode you wish to use.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

33 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

How'd it go?

Well I'm making slow progress. I want to run roon and tidal to start with. 

I'm trying to figure how to do that. I am taking advantage of the roon 60 day free trial and already have hifi tidal.

So that's where I'm at currently. This is more confusing than I anticipated, but I'm not a quitter....lol

• 1 month later...

Hi Jesus,

I got my Mircorendu on Friday and got everything set up and it was sounding spectacular with my iFi Micro iDSD Black Label at DSD512. When I disconnected it to test with my Mytek Brooklyn, I noticed that it was converting everything to PCM. I was using the Roon Ready setting and was not able to get any DSD settings in Roon. When I went back to HTTP://sonicorbiter.com to change the settings this is the message I got: No Sonicorbiter OS based music players found on your network.

I have tried swapping out ethernet cables and restarting my router, with no success. Any suggestions as to what the issue could be?

On 7/9/2017 at 8:31 PM, anroj said:

Hi Jesus,

I got my Mircorendu on Friday and got everything set up and it was sounding spectacular with my iFi Micro iDSD Black Label at DSD512. When I disconnected it to test with my Mytek Brooklyn, I noticed that it was converting everything to PCM. I was using the Roon Ready setting and was not able to get any DSD settings in Roon. When I went back to HTTP://sonicorbiter.com to change the settings this is the message I got: No Sonicorbiter OS based music players found on your network.

I have tried swapping out ethernet cables and restarting my router, with no success. Any suggestions as to what the issue could be?

It may not support native DSD if they changed their USB IDs for this series. Use the DoP setting for now.

On 7/11/2017 at 7:16 AM, vortecjr said:

It may not support native DSD if they changed their USB IDs for this series. Use the DoP setting for now.

This has been confirmed to work with native DSD. There was a customer on the Roon forum that was using Software volume control. Make sure you have volume control set to None in Settings. 

That was me. Thanks for pointing that out. I was wracking my brain trying to figure that out. 

Ih have a few few more questions for the forum. I apologize if these have been asked before. 

1. I'm using a Mytek Brooklyn and don't get a sampling rate on my DAC. Are there settings I'm missing?

2. Why does the blue MQA light not illuminate when playing MQA files?

3. I get a tizzy sound, especially with files with a lot of bass, when using HQPlayer + Roon to upsample to DSD512. I'm think this is due to filter settings in HQPlayer. Have any other Brooklyn users experienced this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my ultrarendu. I can access it through sonicorbiter. I set it for Roon. I have Roon core on a Mac mini and I have it setup to play music through the UR as a zone.

When I select music and choose play.... Roon runs through every song on the album in seconds... and no playback through the UR.....

I assume I have a setting in Roon or Sonicorbiter wrong.

Please help....