IGNORED

The Environmental thread + Conventional (HI-FI) wisdom is almost always invariably wrong

8 minutes ago, PYP said:

The labels really don't help the conversation, if is possible to have one.  

You have stated "facts" and it would be interesting to see links for the sources you are referencing.  

Do you guys even look at what you post before you post it? LMAO. 

I forgot, experts like those that have been posting on this thread come from "copy and paste" propaganda no matter the absurdity and veracity of what you post, because it is a "source". Or one of you compatriots experience and validation of claims is because he lived in NYC during the 90s or claim regarding healthcare is you know people whose opinions you value. 

As to labels, I recommend you you look in the mirror along with your other comrades. 

This thread has run its course, time to disengage especially given the last post from Sphinxsix regarding Gobels. Better to leave you guys plugged into your Matrix Bubble of truth, justice and all things but the American way. LOL . 

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Great animation, love it!

Wow.. will kids forgive them.? I hope not..

Omg Lol GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You've made my day! I've always wanted to be an extremist of some kind, finally someone regards as one! Thank you! I mean it.

image.jpeg.77546b522c313eb414729dcc4ab7a901.jpeg

My bad, my bad, my very, very bad. I practically don't check anyone's profile here, so indeed I didn't know you changed your speakers (remembered you mentioned Nolas in the "Best Speakers.." thread.

I hope you've noticed this emoji ;) after I wrote that IMO Nolas sound soft and conservative (?).

I admit I've never heard Gobels (is it legal in Germany to name a brand like that.? ;);)), I hope they sound less conservative ;););).

I feel ok in this regard, my speaker efficiency is 95db.

;);););)

Thank you once again! 

Cheers!

Posting childish responses like this doesn't really help your case.

48 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Thank you. Your ad hominem posts have become tedious and add nothing to this discussion or forum.

@Priaptor

Since you appeared on this thread I was wondering - what for.?

And I still don't know. 

Unless this was about exposing the audio communist conspiracy that is..

And I still wonder what it's like to care about the environment and the global warming so much and at the same time vote for someone like Trump.?

That's it from me.

1 hour ago, PYP said:

These videos are fun and pretty hard hitting.  Great when they show some of the other governments doing the same poop.  

Yeah, Honest Government is my kind of government x-D

They're obviously not extreme enough for an extremist like me but I have an impression they're moving in the right direction..;)

Some more 'copy and paste' (I'm still only warming up..x-D)

"More than two decades ago, Patti Smith and a group of other artists were sitting with the Dalai Lama when the late Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys asked the Tibetan spiritual leader a question: what’s the number-one thing that young people can do to make a better world? Without missing a beat, the Dalai Lama replied: “Look after the environment.”

“I thought it was so beautiful,” Smith says in her trademark New York drawl. “That was his number-one preoccupation. Not to free Tibet, but to take in hand a global concern that was going to affect us all, on a scale we haven’t seen before.”

‘We have to fight for what is right’: Patti Smith on gender, Sally Rooney and Cop26

Comrades:

(as per cut-n-paste from uber-liberal, deep state, lamestream media)

The world has made more progress combating climate change than you may realize.

Greenhouse gas emissions have been falling for about 10 years in the U.S. and Japan, and for even longer in Europe. More recently, they have begun falling in Brazil and Russia. A decade ago, the world was on pace to warm by about 7 degrees Fahrenheit by the end of this century. Today, the number is closer to 5.5 degrees.

Unfortunately, this progress is still not nearly enough to avoid devastating results, scientists say.

The current scientific consensus is that the world should hold warming to no more than 2.5 to 3 degrees Fahrenheit (or about 1.5 degrees Celsius). Even that will cause substantial damage. But anything more could be catastrophic, with more deadly floods, wildfires and heat waves — as well as destroyed communities, animal extinctions and the potential for geopolitical chaos.

How can the world get from where it is to where it needs to be?

That is the focus of a two-week U.N. conference in Glasgow that began yesterday, including President Biden and other world leaders.

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

furthermore...

The rich nations of the world will need to accelerate their shift away from polluting energy sources like coal and oil. This acceleration will have to be substantial, but it is not too hard to imagine.

It does not depend on huge scientific breakthroughs, welcome as they would be. It can happen largely with existing technologies, like wind, solar and nuclear power and the electrification of vehicles.

For the U.S. to do its part, greenhouse gas emissions would need to drop 50 percent below their 2005 levels by the end of this decade. That may sound daunting, but emissions have already fallen about 19 percent relative to 2005. Without further action, they are on pace to decline 23 percent.

image.png.59aa5b7465c01ab305383c27e248790e.png

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

5 hours ago, PYP said:

That is the focus of a two-week U.N. conference in Glasgow that began yesterday, including President Biden and other world leaders.

That's exactly where the eyes of cut-n-paste, uber-liberal and extremely extremist comrades are directed these days..

Probably the most important thing that happened today was Modi's pledge that India will reach zero net till 2070 and some shorter terms promises made by him.

Guardian's comment:

"India was one of the last remaining major economies that had held out on a net zero commitment, despite months of pressure from the US, and Modi’s announcement marked one of the most significant moments of the summit’s opening day.

Modi also made significant shorter-term commitments, promising to have 50% of India’s power generated by renewable energy by 2030, increase its non-fossil energy capacity to 500GW by 2030 and reduce its projected carbon emissions by 1bn tonnes between now and 2030. By 2030, he also committed to a 45% reduction in the carbon intensity of the economy.

While the 2070 net zero target falls behind the 2050 commitment made by the US and Europe and the 2060 commitment made by China and Saudi Arabia, it is in line with what many climate experts have modelled as the most feasible scenario for India to achieve net zero."

another cut-n-paste for the Hammer and Sickle crowd:

Is Carbon Capture Here?

A Swiss company is operating a device in Iceland that sucks CO2 from the air and shoots it into the ground, where it turns into rock.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/31/climate/is-carbon-capture-here.html?referringSource=articleShare

32 minutes ago, PYP said:

another cut-n-paste for the Hammer and Sickle crowd:

Is Carbon Capture Here?

A Swiss company is operating a device in Iceland that sucks CO2 from the air and shoots it into the ground, where it turns into rock.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/31/climate/is-carbon-capture-here.html?referringSource=articleShare

Yes they do it Iceland. Practically 100% of Iceland's and Norway's electricity comes from renewable sources. 

BTW Albania has practically zero net emissions (the reasons of that are of course slightly different). 

I can't be proud of the NL in this regard, despite of closing of a number of coal plants after the Hague court historical verdict, it's far from these countries..

Oh, forgot it's supposed to be copy and paste, forgive me guys.

10 minutes ago, semente said:

Ya friggin' commies 🤬

One of the reasons I stopped my brief cooperation with young people from the local XR - most of them had been fed up with news how well Scandinavian and Icelandic social democracies were doing in this field. Uber-uber-extremists! 😎

Another problem was they were extremely (!) concentrated on the slogan "Shell must fall" at the same time flying to their home countries quite often and not having problem with the obvious fact that in this way they fuel (!) both Shell's profit and emissions. I OTOH was only ready to accept the softer "Shell must gradually fall" version (I still need my non-electric car every now and then) and they couldn't accept that.. ;)

It seems that soon we may be flying hydrogen aircrafts though.

Hydrogen aircraft to fly between Rotterdam and London by 2024

Hydrogen-powered Zeroavia aircraft sits in a hanger