IGNORED

The Environmental thread + Conventional (HI-FI) wisdom is almost always invariably wrong

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, PYP said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/22/world/heat-carbon-emissions-cities.html?referringSource=articleShare

The London Underground is the oldest subway system in the world, so it might seem an unlikely source of innovation for one of the thorniest problems facing humanity in the 21st century: climate change.

While public transit is usually more environmentally friendly than other methods of travel, the Underground is playing a more direct role in a groundbreaking experiment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from buildings.

The local council for the Borough of Islington in London has developed, planned and installed a way to provide heat and hot water for several hundred homes, a school and two recreation centers, all using otherwise-wasted thermal energy generated mostly by the electric motors and brakes of the Underground’s trains.

If only 5% of energy used by Dutch bikers was used as a source of electricity and heat, the country would have been carbon neutral long ago, think I must popularize this idea x-D 

I'm all for delegalization of e-bikes - they are a disgrace to the whole bike idea (beside that I hate being overtaken by fast e-bikers who normally wouldn't have a chance..x-D

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Meanwhile because of stupid EU law:

Airlines flying near-empty ‘ghost flights’ to retain EU airport slots

CONTENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR

A small digression and don't expect a discussion of course after making your incredibly misinformed and dogmatic views known with zero substantiation, but I digress.

On another note, one of the reasons I like this site (not this thread) is that it is refreshing, politics aside, to see "audiophiles" who actually listen to music. LOL.

All other sites are consumed with equipment and the next best thing and what the typical audiophile recording sounds like on the next best thing rather than just listening to music and other people's recommendations. 

At some point IT IS about the music and I thank the contributors here, including my Uber Extremist friend, sphinxsix, for their recommended listens as well as the many other contributors that have indeed contributed to the digital experience. 

40 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Please note: I remove JR related content. It doesn't belong in this thread, unless he releases an environmental album perhaps :~)

The Joe Rogan links were connected with his yesterday podcast on global warming. Is that OT and are we supposed to concentrate on environmental music here.? Is the content from The Rolling Stone and CNN forbidden on AS.? 

In addition, IMO to be in 100% fair, you should add that you also removed my content which was to some degree polemics with your personal opinions expressed yesterday. I always understood that if someone expresses his views here, he is open for a discussion even if this person is you, Chris. 

For everybody's information - this was not about closing the yesterday thread, I totally agree with @The Computer Audiophile's decision here.

17 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

The Joe Rogan links were connected with his yesterday podcast on global warming. Is that OT and are we supposed to concentrate on environmental music here.? Is the content from The Rolling Stone and CNN forbidden on AS.? 

In addition, IMO to be in 100% fair, you should add that you also removed my content which was to some degree polemics with your personal opinions expressed yesterday. I always understood that if someone expresses his views here, he is open for a discussion even if this person is you, Chris. 

For everybody's information - this was not about closing the yesterday thread, I totally agree with @The Computer Audiophile's decision here.

I assumed your links to JR content were related to the Neil Young thing because you had kind of put them in a separate paragraph with *******. If I errored, please accept my apology. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I assumed your links to JR content were related to the Neil Young thing because you had kind of put them in a separate paragraph with *******. If I errored, please accept my apology. 

I can understand that, there has been too much JR in the news recently..

I promise I won't link to anything connected with him for at least a month.

Even if he said The Monkeys were the greatest jazz band of all time.

Here are the deleted links, then:

Rolling Stone - Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson Wax Idiotic on Climate Change

CNN - Scientists slam Joe Rogan's podcast episode with Jordan Peterson as 'absurd' and 'dangerous'

As for my:

3 hours ago, Priaptor said:

incredibly misinformed and dogmatic views known with zero substantiation

I said in short that when I (don't actually) listen to guys like JR, I'm not so sure everybody should have a right to free speech and to say whatever he wants publicly (that is also online) in times when fake news and misinformation are the cause of people's deaths, anti-democratic coups or may have quite bad effects for environment. 

3 hours ago, Priaptor said:

On another note, one of the reasons I like this site (not this thread)

Have you ever thought about posting on the threads you like, not the ones you dislike.? 

That's what some people do, most of them are quite happy with it.

Don't misunderstand me - I'm not trying to stop you from posting here, your posts for me personally are quite stimulating and entertaining, I only think, observing some of your inner bitterness and frustration (that's the impression I have) that this could be quite beneficial activity for you, my friend.

Have a great evening! :)

3 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

I can understand that, there has been too much JR in the news recently..

I promise I won't link to anything connected with him for at least a month.

Even if he said The Monkeys were the greatest jazz band of all time.

Here are the deleted links, then:

Rolling Stone - Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson Wax Idiotic on Climate Change

CNN - Scientists slam Joe Rogan's podcast episode with Jordan Peterson as 'absurd' and 'dangerous'

As for my:

I said in short that when I (don't actually) listen to guys like JR, I'm not so sure everybody should have a right to free speech and to say whatever he wants publicly (that is also online) in times when fake news and misinformation are the cause of people's deaths, anti-democratic coups or may have quite bad effects for environment. 

Have you ever thought about posting on the threads you like, not the ones you dislike.? 

That's what some people do, most of them are quite happy with it.

Don't misunderstand me - I'm not trying to stop you from posting here, your posts for me personally are quite stimulating and entertaining, I only think, observing some of your inner bitterness and frustration (that's the impression I have) that this could be quite beneficial activity for you, my friend.

Have a great evening! :)

I actually have posted on many of the threads beyond the political ones, hence, "my senior status". 

However, these days, I tend to listen more than I post and mellow in the setting of my amazing Montana residence so, with the exception of the new album thing, recommendations, etc. I no longer tend to get involved in tweaks or new equipment threads. Interesting debates on politics, particularly as it relates to "artists" and dogs are my main interest. LOL. 

No inner bitterness and the frustration you see is the result of when a certain group, refuses to see outside their box, which I know you think of me. However, I have pointed this out before regarding social media in general and for whatever reason "audiophile sites" in particular tend to attract more of your type of thinkers than mine with (I know you can't believe it) closed minded views towards any other perspective, even when the results of your side so blatantly fail (and by no means does the latter mean my side doesn't fail). 

2 hours ago, Priaptor said:

I actually have posted on many of the threads beyond the political ones, hence, "my senior status". 

Been here for a 2x shorter period of time and have 2x more posts, hence I've deserved my ÜBER-EXTREMIST status for sheer activity, I believe.. 

2 hours ago, Priaptor said:

I no longer tend to get involved in tweaks or new equipment threads.

Same here. 

It's mostly about music for me now. And politics of course, ha, ha..;)

Since I saw you here for the first time I'm really curious, I hope you won't mind asking about it - is your nick derived from priapism in connection with raptor? 

12 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Been here for a 2x shorter period of time and have 2x more posts, hence I've deserved my ÜBER-EXTREMIST status for sheer activity, I believe.. 

Same here. 

It's mostly about music for me now. And politics of course, ha, ha..;)

Since I saw you here for the first time I'm really curious, I hope you won't mind asking about it - is your nick derived from priapism in connection with raptor? 

LOL, yes in the very early days of the NET when everyone was trying to adopt the very best user names, I came up with that. At the time I thought clever. Kind of like being drunk and getting a tattoo on your face thinking it was pretty cool and waking up and deciding, well since I did it, I might as well stick with it

8 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

LOL, yes in the very early days of the NET when everyone was trying to adopt the very best user names, I came up with that. At the time I thought clever. Kind of like being drunk and getting a tattoo on your face thinking it was pretty cool and waking up and deciding, well since I did it, I might as well stick with it

I think it characterizes some of your personality traits pretty well :)

19 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Let’s not turn this into a purity test thread. We’ve all done some things we regret in the past. 

I believe me and @Priaptor are having just a friendly chat here. 

You know the way ex-dealers do..

I have nothing against neither birds nor ..prolonged erection, actually would sometimes wish to have a problem like that these days..9_9