IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Despite it being far better than the old v3, it’s a pity the single most useful search tool I can think of has not been incorporated in v4 so far - search all favorites in local, Tidal and Qobuz at the same time. 

I think this is Roon’s strength - to display an integrated database of all favorites. And then of course it’s ability to find new stuff. 

Installing v4 from a usb drive only affects the attached USB drive and not the installed drive so its safe and you can try again by reflashing the usb. 

I’ve only ever used BalenaEtcher under Mac for flashing and it rechecks the flash after each usb has been made so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. However I’ve found that the condition of the usb drive used matters. My experience is that an old school security format (clear all bits) helps to speed things up and make it more stable during use. Try that perhaps?

12 hours ago, bos3812 said:

The most weird experience I had today. This afternoon the system didn't sound good. It could be harsh sounding and pushy and I liked V3 more because it was smoother and much friendlier to the ears when I compared them again. This evening, after a restart, I listened again and to my surprise it sounded better than it ever did. It was GREAT!!!, really great. Not harsh anymore or pushy, just right, like I wished it for years. I know now that V4 can sound very, very good but the difference with this afternoon was inexplicable. My question to you all: has someone had the same experience with this difference in quality and is it explainable in some way?

Same experience. Sound quality changes for the better after waiting for a bit after initial installation. Absolutely no idea why!

10 hours ago, c-w said:

- preparing for subscription-based licenses

Given that recent buyers of v3 has v4 included, I suppose this means Euphony is switching to the Roon model where you can either pay an expensive one-time fee which doesn't expire or opt for a low priced monthly fee. 🤔

One thing I noticed in 0707, don't click the new ignore button for devices (settings). Itchy fingers made me do it for my uPNP device and I couldn't get it to appear again after that. If you did, you'd then have to open a browser developer console and execute the command:

changeAudioField("uuid........", "ignored",""); uuid..... being the id for the ignored device to get it back. 

Or open a ticket to get help, which is what I did...

For those already installed v4, the software update feature doesn’t work until you click the save button first. 

Latest stable version is 20220720 mostly with bug fixes. 

- Fix for Mozzaik registration

- Fix for Settings page reloading

- Fixes for Search/Profiles/Browse dialogs

- Fixed m3u playlist parsing error

- Fix for Stylus -> HQPe playback problems

- Fixes for Qobuz/Tidal errors

- Couple of new fields in System-info

- Prevent starting kernel change twice

4 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

I was able to complete the image burn onto the USB drive. 
it took some persistence, in the downloader I hit go again and it had told me that I had already downloaded the image did I want to continue, I said yes and it burned the image.

however, I have a ASUS ROG Crosshair hero VII, it was built for me by one of our DIY Heroes. 
I have not been able to book from the USB drive.

I restarted the server with the USB drive plugged into one of the four corners of the six USB 3.1 inputs.

this motherboard does not have an HDMI input or the old blue multi pin input. 
I am not sure how to interface to make sure it is set up for USB or UEIF boot. 
Does anybody have a clue how I hook up a monitor

Hi Bill, sorry to see you have having issues updating the Euphony software to v4.

Reach out the DIY fellow that built your server perhaps? Installing v4 requires a USB drive, cant be done from v3. Since you don't seem to have access to a monitor easily, that DIY fellow will have to find a way to access the BIOS and switch the boot sequence to the USB drive. I'm surprised that your unit didn't come with a video card if the motherboard doesn't have video outputs.

Once you have booted up from the USB drive, you'll have to register the software to make the installation into internal drive menu appear. You should have received an email about upgrading to v4, the link to pay and get the registration code is in that email. If you don't register, the installation menu is hidden. Also be careful to select to "repair" not "install". This means your existing v3 settings - image cache, playlists etc. will be maintained and not lost. There is a drop down list of where you want to install the v4 during the process, so if you aren't sure how to do this, get help from your DIY fellow.

Once all is done and working, update the v4 to the latest version. Unfortunately there is a big bug in the 20220708 (the latest v4 from USB) which stops updates. Easily fixed by going to Settings/System/Expert Settings/Update Channel and pressing "Save".

Sounds like a lot of work but v4 is so much better sounding it's worth the effort to try. Good luck!

After pressing the save button, what’s supposed to happen is that shortly after Euphony offers you to update to the latest 0722 version. Perhaps this only occurs in the registered version. I can’t remember if the Check For Update feature works before registration is complete, seems that it’s needed.

In this case, looks like you’ll have to wait for Željko’s help to arrive. Registration in 0708 is buggy. Same thing happened to me, took a few remote sessions to get it working.

10 hours ago, bos3812 said:

Yesterday I bought Euphony V4 and installed it. Everything went right except one thing. Roon can't find Stylus endpoint and I don't get the choice for another audiozone. I enabled squeezebox support but Roon keeps searching but doesn't find Stylus endpoint. I don't have any LMS on my network.

I still can play music with Roon but it chooses my Audio GD DI20 as output. So I only can play music with Roon or with Stylus but not with Roon and Stylus as an endpoint. I have version 20220729.

I have a second streamer with the old Euphony V3. Here Roon has no problem to find Stylus EP as audio output.

Can someone telling me if I do something wrong?

To ask the obvious, you did remember to switch on Stylus EP in audio systems right?

5 hours ago, lwr said:

I've saved the v3 fingerprint and license code and have now recorded the v4 trial fingerprint.  What is the procedure to get a discount for v3 users who buy a yearly license to replace their v3 with v4?

V3 owners should have received an email titled “promotion for Stylus 4”. 

“Dear Euphony Stylus 3 user,

We would like to inform you about availability of all new Stylus 4.”

“How to get upgrade. When you choose “Buy now” button for Stylus subscription (at https://euphony-audio.com/v4/subscription) you will be redirected to STRIPE payment form. On left side of form you can see button “Add promotion code”. For Promotion code type: “3FOREDS” (type without quotes) and complete payment.  After success, you will get an email with your new Stylus 4 activation code (voucher). Notice: New Stylus 4 license can be only activated only on particular hardware where your old Stylus is active now.”

4 hours ago, Tatang said:

I think it depend how the setup from server to dac. If using UPNP through ethernet cable, linux based OS like euphony still can be better if tuned well. But if using USb connection to DAC, I think windows OS will be ahead in comparison, as windows have more advance ASIO driver for USB that can be tuned. Thats my opinion.

I expect that the system will be playing USB to DAC and I’ll try to listen to both ASIO and Kernel Streaming.