IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

1 hour ago, bodiebill said:

In my case hqplayerd runs under AL headless (GUI-less) version. Not sure how I should make the service dependent on network interfaces being up.

It's not for something for you to do, it is responsibility of the OS vendor to create a .service file that corresponds to their system architecture and component choices. At the moment there's no way to make this generic, or even applicable to all variants of the same OS ("desktop" vs "server" editions).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Audiolinux is using systemd network on all releases as in Miska image. 

Users have the possibility to use the standard systemd service provided or a special user systemd service. Both will start after the network is up and running.

Only very special cases need special solutions... 99%  working fine. The same if you use Ubuntu or other distributions.

I am using hqplayer daily from server to Raspberry without problems and with a great sound!

AudioLinux --> https://www.audio-linux.com

developer of AudioLinux realtime OS

13 minutes ago, hifi25nl said:

Audiolinux is using systemd network on all releases as in Miska image. 

Users have the possibility to use the standard systemd service provided or a special user systemd service. Both will start after the network is up and running.

Does the service file have dependency to systemd-networkd-wait-online.service and network-online.target ?

Most of my hqplayerd builds for different distros have a different hqplayerd.service file because one doesn't fit all, unfortunately.

Because need for wait indicates towards failure in that area. But it also depends a bit how /etc/network is set up, so that systemd-networkd knows what is required.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

i'm running hqplayer inside audio-linux also, and it sounds great and is very stable.

the only issue i have, and it is pretty minor, is that after a period of inactivity or the first use of the day, the command from the android app HQPDcontrol has to be sent twice...........the first time i try to play an album, it seems to be waiting to connect, the second time i try to play the album, it loads and plays beautifully.

if i am playing music and change to a different album, there is no delay or need to try a 2nd time, only after a period of inactivity.

This is a standard release: "Audiolinux will release a new version every 2 months with full package update, if the user want to reinstall an updated OS."

If you make a full system update (kernel and menu included) you can have the same result.

In lxqt version however this update is long (almost 400 packages, new kernel and menu) and for this reason is not recommended for normal users.

"IMPORTANT notice about update:
The updating process in Audiolinux is done with
1) Audiolinux menu
2) Kernel. This is compiled by audiolinux with some changes. Since a full system update could be necessary before new kernel installation, please see disclaimer at point 3)
3) System update, not controlled by Audiolinux. This is standard Archlinux update.
In some cases system update could be problematic for users not expert in linux.
This is a normal occurrence in linux "rolling release" like Audiolinux/Archlinux
A user does not need to make a system update. Menu update is enough.
If you decide to update, please do it frequently, before installation is too old.
Audiolinux will release a new version every 2 months with full package update, if the user want to reinstall an updated OS."

Error while installing MPD on Audiolinux 2.1.1

(1/1) checking available disk space [############################################################] 100%

:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling mpd [############################################################] 100%
error: command terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/4) Creating system user accounts...

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

First check that you have enough disk space with

df -H

Reinstall jack with

yay -Sy jack2

(if asked about removing jack2-no-dbus-git answer Y)

Most probably in version 2.1.1 you need a full system update:

yay -Syu --noconfirm

This should be enough, since I see that mpd is already installed.

If you still have problems contact me with the full output of your commands.

I have the strangest problem with my two NUC audiolinux 2 system. (Latest version).

The two NUCS seem to fight over the same IP address - and my FIOS router won't provide

individual IP's for each NUC.  If the "master" is only powered up it ill get the IP and if the NAA

NUC is only powered up it will get the same IP - but if both are powered up the 'master" seems to

grab the IP - and I can't get an IP for the NAA NUC.

I must be doing something wrong.  Is must be a way to have them co-exist?

Jeff

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

52 minutes ago, jkelly said:

I have the strangest problem with my two NUC audiolinux 2 system. (Latest version).

The two NUCS seem to fight over the same IP address - and my FIOS router won't provide

individual IP's for each NUC.  If the "master" is only powered up it ill get the IP and if the NAA

NUC is only powered up it will get the same IP - but if both are powered up the 'master" seems to

grab the IP - and I can't get an IP for the NAA NUC.

I must be doing something wrong.  Is must be a way to have them co-exist?

Jeff

Assign ip addresses to each device in AL - it's a menu option.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

If by assigning static IP address not fixing the issue, check the MAC address on both devices to see if both are having the same address.  You might need to change the device name on one of them to something else like Audiolinux 2, assign static address to server, but leave DHCP with endpoint.