IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

Hi all,

I'm looking at how to change the period_count and buffer_size parameters in alsa for use with mpd and upmpdcli. I tried to add the parameters in .mpdconf but this does not work.

My .mpdconf :

audio_output {                                                                                                                              
        type            "alsa"                                                                                                              
        name            "PCM"                                                                                                               
        device          "hw:1,0"                                                                                                            
        auto_resample   "no"                                                                                                                
        auto_format     "no"                                                                                                                
        mixer_type      "disabled"                                                                                                          
        buffer_size     "100"                                                                                                               
        period_count    "3"                                                                                                                 
}    

What plays :

[audiolinux@audiolinux ~]$ more /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params                                                                     
access: RW_INTERLEAVED                                                                                                                      
format: S24_3LE                                                                                                                             
subformat: STD                                                                                                                              
channels: 2                                                                                                                                 
rate: 44100 (44100/1)                                                                                                                       
period_size: 5513                                                                                                                           
buffer_size: 22050  

Any idea on what is needed to change those settings. I used to play a lot with those in Daphile and would like to try them on this config.

Thanks

David

I have not succedded in installing hqplayer-embedded.

The yay -Sy hqplayer-embedded command shows errors :

error: failed retrieving file 'polkit-0.116-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.evowise.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'polkit-0.116-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.rackspace.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'polkit-0.116-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.rackspace.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files

and it ends with :
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
Error installing repo packages

Is there an issue with the package ?

This can happen for various reasons:

1) Archlinux servers are not in sync yet. Wait the next day...

2) You need a full system update before with

yay -Syu --noconfirm

3) For some reason the worldwide servers are blocked. 

In all cases is a good idea to switch to the servers of your country.

Go to SYSTEM menu and select File editor ROOT
Edit /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist pressing F4
Put a # in front of worldwide servers
Remove # in front of the servers you want (those of your country)
Save with F4

Update database with

yay -Syy --noconfirm

EDIT: before switching servers is better to clean the already downloaded packages with

yay -Scc --noconfirm

AudioLinux --> https://www.audio-linux.com

developer of AudioLinux realtime OS

Does AL auto-negotiate network speed or must it be set in a config file?

I am adding an EtherRegen to my system and its "B" side runs at 100Mbps which will feed my AL NUC.

Currently I have a straight bridged connection from my server at 1G so I am trying to anticipate issues.

Really looking forward to this addition!

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

I am getting data noise coming thru my system.  Using a NUC - Holo Spring - Crack.

Any ideas how it comes in and how to eliminate?

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

On 2/14/2020 at 9:57 AM, hifi25nl said:

Please check the content of /etc/fstab

I have discovered a problem in UUID assignment, so the mount script will not work correctly. The reason is that a command with last updated version of util-linux is giving a different output.
I will fix it in the next Audiolinux menu release.

If you want to fix it now you can change manually the line in /opt/scripts/local_mount.sh (as root) from
UUID="$(lsblk -f | grep "$drive" | awk '{ print $4 }')"
to
UUID="$(lsblk -f | grep "$drive" | awk '{ print $5 }')"

-> I have been working a lot on the new web interface, now  beta version is almost ready! Now easy to use with touch screen and with search function!

I have the same problem.

I downloaded the new 4.3 image. I mount a drive I can see the contain but after a rebbot everything disappears and the script has the modification ($5).

21 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

The only way to see what's happening is to send me the content of the file /etc/fstab.

If you want to fix it yourself take a look here:

https://www.audio-linux.com/html/mount.html

I' very angry. I spent min. 8 hours to find out what is it.

I'm not 100% percent sure but quite I am.

I bought 2 pieces from this: https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-128GB-Supersonic-Transfer-Speeds/dp/B07NLNJB9C

Patriot 128GB Supersonic Rage Elite USB 3.1 Type A, USB 3.0 Flash Drive with Transfer Speeds of Up to 400MB/sec

These are high quality, extreme fast drives with good reputation.

But.

Both are useless to use with AL. I can write the image with Rufus on the drives but it works so slowly and with full of animalities, for example this mounting problems and many others. I took may 16GB Sandisk drive and I could without any problem install to it and I can use it. This is stabil and fast now, works as it should be.

5 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

i guess you are using lxqt version. Go to file explorer (pcmanfm) and in preferences disable automount

Yes, this is the lqxt version and we've been one through this with the 3.X version, this was the first thing I checked and the automountig isn't checked.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for some guidance on how Audiolinux treats CPU cores for audio applications.  When I select "All but the first" exclusively for audio I get one processor available in Roon.  If Audiolinux considers Roon an audio application wouldn't it have 3 processors available?

My second question is how "Assign isolated core to applications" works with "Isolated CPU cores".  I run both Roon Server and HQPlayer Embedded.  Is it possible to give Roon 1 core and HQPlayer Embedded 2 of the 3 cores isolated for audio applications, while 1 of the cores is dedicated to the system?

What combinations have you tried with core isolation and what are your impressions?