IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

5 minutes ago, InfinitelyBaffled said:

A common Ethernet crossover cable would probably do the trick. It just reverses the TX and RX lines, eliminating the need for a switch.

An ordinary Ethernet cable will work fine. But the IP addresses for the devices at each end won’t be on the same LAN as everything else.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

Audirvana can see Volumio on point-to-point network (no switch involved). However, when I hit 'play', nothing happens. It looks like the music can't be streamed to Volumio. I'm stuck here for 2 days. Any help is welcomed :)

Here are the settings on network: 

On Volumio: 

Wired network: 

-IP: 192.168.1.10

-Subnet: 255.255.255.0

-Default gateway: 192.168.1.12

On laptop: 

Wired network: 

-IP: 192.168.1.12

-Subnet: 255.255.255.0

-Default gateway: 192.168.1.10

Note: Laptop can ping and access Volumio through web browsers.

I got the Shanti today, I plugged in and love the way it improves the SQ. 

However, there are some questions, any help is welcome! :)

- When I move the Shanti around, I can feel that there is something sliding inside the box. Is it normal? Do you have the same issue with your Shanti?

- I see it has Ground Terminal, what this is for? How can it be used?

- Should I plug Shanti directly into the wall outlet or it can benefit from and outlet from a power conditioner?

Thank you!

I'm having issues running my Digione Signature with 24bit 96khz content, sometimes it plays fine but other times it seems to not output correctly to my dac (chord qutest). It causes the qutest to cycle through all the different frequency inputs. This has happens with both Ropiee and Dietpi. 

Almost seems like a bandwidth issue but it's running over a gigabit network, not sure why it's failing. Connecting my computer running Roon directly to the dac works perfectly at the same time so it's definitely related to the Digione Signature. 

Any thoughts? Not very happy as I bought it thinking it would play 24bit 96khz perfectly. 

I know this isn’t a great help, but my whole music library is 24/96 and the Sig is generally rock solid.

IME both the Sig HAT and the Pi are to some extent sensitive to power supplies and slightly insufficient voltage / amperage and these are the only times I can remember I’ve had it cut in and out ...

1 hour ago, RX8R3ROD said:

I know this isn’t a great help, but my whole music library is 24/96 and the Sig is generally rock solid.

IME both the Sig HAT and the Pi are to some extent sensitive to power supplies and slightly insufficient voltage / amperage and these are the only times I can remember I’ve had it cut in and out ...

Is there any way to tell if it's being underpowered? I'm using an sbooster linear power supply for the clean side and an ifi Ipower for the dirty side, both 5v supplies. 

Ifi ipower 5v is reported by many to underpower the dirty side of allo signature player and cause issues. Allo's cheap 3amp supply is good or any other quality with 3a output. Or you can try to disable rpi's wifi, bluetooth and other functions to save power and see if it works better then. 

So I tried replacing the Ifi psu with the stock 5v supply from Allo and I'm still having issues with some hi-res content. I'm still getting dropouts.

Could it be a hardware issue with the Digione Sig? I'm running out of ideas on how to get it working correctly.

Annoying as when it works correctly is sounds great.

On 1/7/2020 at 3:18 PM, Canti1982 said:

I'm having issues running my Digione Signature with 24bit 96khz content, sometimes it plays fine but other times it seems to not output correctly to my dac (chord qutest). It causes the qutest to cycle through all the different frequency inputs. This has happens with both Ropiee and Dietpi. 

Almost seems like a bandwidth issue but it's running over a gigabit network, not sure why it's failing. Connecting my computer running Roon directly to the dac works perfectly at the same time so it's definitely related to the Digione Signature. 

Any thoughts? Not very happy as I bought it thinking it would play 24bit 96khz perfectly. 

Have you used the same optical cable in other setups without issue? 

On 1/8/2020 at 1:48 AM, Canti1982 said:

Forwarded PM please check

On 1/11/2020 at 7:33 AM, Canti1982 said:

So I tried replacing the Ifi psu with the stock 5v supply from Allo and I'm still having issues with some hi-res content. I'm still getting dropouts.

Could it be a hardware issue with the Digione Sig? I'm running out of ideas on how to get it working correctly.

Annoying as when it works correctly is sounds great.

Have you tried Volumio? I had had Volumio then I tried Dietpie but I got hiccups so I switched back to Volumio.

If you try Volumio and the problem goes away then you know which is the cause.

Hope this could help..

15 hours ago, quanghuy147 said:

Have you tried Volumio? I had had Volumio then I tried Dietpie but I got hiccups so I switched back to Volumio.

If you try Volumio and the problem goes away then you know which is the cause.

Hope this could help..

Not tried Volumio but I have the issue with both Dietpi and Ropieee so I don't know if it is related to the software.

It's also a bit of a pain to debug as it can be good for hours and then decide to fail randomly. Yesterday no issues, today it failed straight away.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:33 AM, Canti1982 said:

Replace the clean side with the stock 5v. If it is a power issue then the issue will be on the clean side. 

Unless something has changed since I received my Sig some months ago there is _no_ indication of power issue from the clean side. 

6 hours ago, Canti1982 said:

Not tried Volumio but I have the issue with both Dietpi and Ropieee so I don't know if it is related to the software.

It's also a bit of a pain to debug as it can be good for hours and then decide to fail randomly. Yesterday no issues, today it failed straight away.

I would install Volumio and try it to see, it would take about only 60 mins. 

Since it sometimes work out good and other times not have you considered checking your up stream equipment. Your network equipment, internetconnection. Maybe your internetconnection get clogged at special times due to heavy traffic, overheating router, qos in router not enabled, etc..... Just some ideas. 

• 1 month later...

Digione Signature Player just arrived with the Shanti.  I have everything connected correctly - 5V power set up right; BNC to mscaler; connected to ethernet.  My unit came with Moode, and I'm able to access this via browser, but I have no idea what to do next.  I want Roon to recognize this as an endpoint.  Anyone can help?  I have very little technical knowledge about this stuff and there is no download for Moode support on Allo's website, only Volumnio and DietPi: https://allo.com/sparky/digione-signature-player.html#downloads

Hi, 

I am running the usb bridge signature with latest moode version 6.x.x

While my 2TB hdd works fine, I cannot get the 5TB working .. is there a limit on the size of allowed hdds by the usb bridge or moode ? It does regen MFD sporadically but hangs while it often does not even get detected.

Having thought perhaps power required is higher for the 5TB hdd than the 3 individual/independent usb ports, I power the hdd via a twin head ifi gemini cable with separated power and data cable together with an old ifi usbpower as I hope to isolate power to the hdd from the usb bridge. 

The 5TB hdd lights up but does not get detected by the usb bridge .... does the power line need to be connected by those usual twin head type A cables that parallel the added power supply and the usb bridge but I will then not achieve having separate power and signal cables nor use isolated and better ifi usbpower ? Perhaps missed common ground or something else in those.twin head cable for added power  ?

Sorry if my described request for help is confusing and will be most glad to clarify on any query for my use case.

Meanwhile, I have the 2TB hdd running fine with both usb type A connectors of the ifi gemini dual head cable plug into the usb bridge per photo which may help to explain a little but not preferred .. without 5TB and not using ifi usbpower to help isolated the hdd and the usb bridge signature.

Cheers.

Richard

20200302_235719.thumb.jpg.183795d77b3917e155477e7ff0c1d45b.jpg

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones