IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

Came across with new allo digione signature.

This is available on their website. Allo digione went up double! Does its price justify its performance???

hmmmm

It reads like this.

DigiOne Signature

Our regular DigiOne has no equal.

In our quest for digital perfection we asked how we can improve the design and give you the ultimate DigiOne.

First, we decided to use more board space (we are using 2 boards), the PCB area increased 220%. First board is the “dirty side” and top board has the “clean side”. With the extra space, we used the best decoupling capacitors (film) on everything that’s important (clocks, buffers, flip flops). Also, with this extra space we added a supercap on the “clean side” so most of the electrons come from this onboard “buffer” (there is so much power onboard that DigiOne Sig can run a few seconds without any power attached to the clean side).

We also decided to use 2 power supplies. The “dirty power” needs 5V /2-3A (RPI power). The “clean side” needs about 60mA and accepts anything from 5V to 29V. You can use anything on it, linear power supply or pure batteries power.

Thirdly, we changed the clocks to the latest from NDK (ultralow jitter SDA) that have lower phase noise than the previous generation.

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

Allo Sig one.PNG

Could be interesting, $239 is quite affordable for most people. I already own the non-signature version and am wondering what I would need besides the extra RPi and second PSU which I already have. I suspect my current acrylic case would become useless since the Signature is two PCBs high. And then of course there's the obvious question: How does it sound?

15 hours ago, zacho said:

Wondering if there's gonna be a trade-up program? Also, it doesn't look like the metal case for the digione player will be compatible with the digione signature ?

Im not sure if that is the case. The price is a bit steep. 

2 minutes ago, Ampega said:

I asked them a while ago if they were working on a 2nd version of this card and the answer was, "No, we are totally focussed on the Katana project"..... and now this,  I dont know how to deal with......

I was also surprised this is released along with the katana.. I think the usbridge 2.0 is coming underway

I was planning to buy the Digione soon, but this changes my plans a bit...

I have a question to Allo: Compared to the standard Digione, should I expect an improvement in the sound if I use two simple 5V SPMS for now? Getting a good power supply for the clear side is something that requires a bit of research, so it will take me some time to get there...

Also, using a battery is not very practical due to the need for restarts, as the rest of the family should be able to use it without much fiddling.

For the sake of completeness, I am currently using a hifiberry+volumio.

PS: the two power supply plugs are USB-C, right?

Price of  Digione Signature Player   is above Eitr,  similar to Singxer su-1 and   Matrix x-spdif 2. 

It has much less functionality than the latter two as per outputs, although it's a streamer which can be a benefit for some people. 

Thus, as digital converter to Spdif ,I hope Allo gives us good  reasons (measures) to opt for this instead of established products in the market, as the ones mentioned above. 

3 hours ago, Cortes said:

Price of  Digione Signature Player   is above Eitr,  similar to Singxer su-1 and   Matrix x-spdif 2. 

It has much less functionality than the latter two as per outputs, although it's a streamer which can be a benefit for some people. 

Thus, as digital converter to Spdif ,I hope Allo gives us good  reasons (measures) to opt for this instead of established products in the market, as the ones mentioned above. 

You compare apples to oranges.

The Digione Signature is a network bridge with ethernet or wifi in and SPDIF out.

You can compare it with the USBridge from the same manufacturer or established products from Sonore and SotM.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

On 8/26/2018 at 2:28 PM, sihctr said:

I was planning to buy the Digione soon, but this changes my plans a bit...

I have a question to Allo: Compared to the standard Digione, should I expect an improvement in the sound if I use two simple 5V SPMS for now? Getting a good power supply for the clear side is something that requires a bit of research, so it will take me some time to get there...

Also, using a battery is not very practical due to the need for restarts, as the rest of the family should be able to use it without much fiddling. 

For the sake of completeness, I am currently using a hifiberry+volumio.

PS: the two power supply plugs are USB-C, right?

Yes Digione Sig will work with 2 standard PSUs and it should have an improvement over Digione

On 8/26/2018 at 8:18 PM, Cortes said:

DigiOne signature will be independently measured by Amir at audiosciencereview . We think we have the best jitter measurements.Compared with ANY hardware from any manufacturer.

11 hours ago, allo.com said:

DigiOne signature will be independently measured by Amir at audiosciencereview . We think we have the best jitter measurements.Compared with ANY hardware from any manufacturer.

Excellent, that's really a selling Pointe.

The Allo DigiOne Signature seems to require power cables with USB C connectors. Most power supplies (included Allo's own 5V/3A PSU, ifi iPower 5V PSU, UpTone Audio's JS-2, etc.) come with DC cables with barrel power connectors. Are DC cables with USB C connectors included in the DIgiOne Signature package? Which power cables are recommended for the DigiOne Signature? 

I just got the Signature I am a bit confused I got Volumio powering up and using the same Linear power unit to power my DAC that has extra 5v output but not getting any sound

Do I need to power both USB C  inputs or is their not enough power from the Supercap PSU 

I have a spare 12v battery that I could use but cannot find a cable USB C to battery 

I was using the DigOne and really like this player so I was hoping in hearing some good sounds tonight 

DigiOne with custom PSU (Supercaped) Coherent Audio Meicord Ethernet Cable IFI USB Silencer x 2Caiman SEQ modified by Coherent Supercaped 

Amps  2x Philips Black Tulips 370 (one per channel) for PRV drivers. Berhinger INuke 3000 for bass drivers

DIY No Baffle speakers PRV 5MR450-NDY and Selenium Neo Bass drivers in Isobarek configuration  

I could get a 12v to 5v converter for the battery to power the pi I add another one for the dirty side Or even the SMPS

I then use a 5v from my supercaped LPS to power the clean side 

I presume dirty side on input is left USB c and clean USB c on the right hand side?

DigiOne with custom PSU (Supercaped) Coherent Audio Meicord Ethernet Cable IFI USB Silencer x 2Caiman SEQ modified by Coherent Supercaped 

Amps  2x Philips Black Tulips 370 (one per channel) for PRV drivers. Berhinger INuke 3000 for bass drivers

DIY No Baffle speakers PRV 5MR450-NDY and Selenium Neo Bass drivers in Isobarek configuration  

So both USB C inputs 5v being supplied to them 

8 minutes ago, Johnjc said:

I could get a 12v to 5v converter for the battery to power the pi I add another one for the dirty side Or even the SMPS

I then use a 5v from my supercaped LPS to power the clean side 

I presume dirty side on input is left USB c and clean USB c on the right hand side?

Clean side is the output side (so the one closer to BNC and RCA output).