IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 10.34.58 AM.png

6 minutes ago, goon525 said:

I may be being dim, but on my iPhone at least I can’t see a way to contact David privately- is there a PM function on this forum, and if so where’s it hidden? I’d be interested in participating in this beta.

Hover over his username and click message.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

I don't know whose infrastructure Qobuz is using.

But the question definitely suggested that Amazon was responsible for the downtime of Qobuz.

But Amazon would not have grown so succesfull, by far number 1 worldwide in providing webservices and cloud/server infrastructure, if they did not offer a more than excellent service.

Recognized by Gartner year in, year out as the market leader and visonair in this market.

And it is very well possible that a server(cloud) goes down, even at AWS, but there are contracts with uptime and service restore requirements.  Amazon would not be so succesfull with million of small and big companies in the world, if they did not honour these contracts. 

And again, I do not know if Qobuz makes use of AWS or not.

Dirk

So the question about Qobuz and AWS is very pertinent and a good one. People are curious. 

No clue why you brought in Gartner, SLAs, etc... and called it dumb. Plus, you don’t even have the answer to the dumbest question ever. Hmmmm. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, left channel said:

@dmackta and crew have been busy! @exdmd just alerted us to the news in another thread, so I looked it up:

And this is now at https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offersqobuz-studio-premier.thumb.jpg.300b259f15d94228a00e7cb762d18810.jpg

Or, we had it on the front page first :~)

4 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

I had to reinstall the Qobuz desktop app as I recently purchased some new albums, and the download process with the software didn't work any more. 

When I tried to install the latest version of Qobuz clicking on the link for MacOs 10.11+ from this link, I'm getting this error message. I'm on Catalina. Any recommendations?

https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/discover/apps-partners

image.png.d0e046e4ab8aaf4b7ba968d111182ae9.png

Open your Applications folder, right-click on the Qobuz app and select open.

9 minutes ago, RolandGo said:

Repeatable problem with Carplay in the iOS app:

When starting an album downloaded into the iPhone by tapping on the first song, the Qobuz app starts with the second song instead. Playback has then to be stopped and first song has to be tapped again for it to play.

I've run into this several times. 

7 hours ago, JMD54 said:

Bob

If Spectrum has followed Xfinity's lead and you are using their supplied router or gateway the ability to change the DNS in their setup menu may have been removed. I discovered this a couple of years ago when mine needed to be replaced and the ability to go back to an independent DNS had been removed.

Wow, this is bad. ISPs do this so they can collect info on their users through DNS queries.