IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

9 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

I know, that's why I use the ER downstream from my oMD. 🙂

You don’t have the “problem” with an optical endpoint. So in your case, it’s of cause absolutely meaningless to do otherwise. Unless you’re adding a second ER. Which people are doing. With good results. 

5 hours ago, SQFIRST said:

@MartinT Thank you for sharing this. What is your device connecting the the ER A-side?

Sonore Signature Rendu SE.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu Deluxe streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. Uptone JS-2 PSUs x 2.  PS Audio P3 & P12 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

5 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

1st version or the new Deluxe? And what switch are you feeding the oM with? Might want to try a good commercial switch such as the Cisco 2960 (1gb model of course for 1st version oM) which is what I'm using. But of course it's all a moving target and relative to your own setup. 

I don't have one, just borrowed a friend's.  I don't need a switch (yes, I know ER is a switch), my purist signal path is:

4G+ Router > ER (with AfterDark clock) > Sig Rendu SE > Gustard U18 (with AfterDark clock) > Gustard X26 Pro

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu Deluxe streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. Uptone JS-2 PSUs x 2.  PS Audio P3 & P12 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a question regarding the use of the EtherRegen.  I have 3 endpoints. 

Is it possible to plug the router into the "B" side of the ER, plug an optical switch into the SFP cage on the "A" side of the ER and then plug the 3 endpoints into the switch ports?  

Will there be a benefit to doing that?  

Thanks!!

16 minutes ago, Musikfan said:

I have a question regarding the use of the EtherRegen.  I have 3 endpoints. 

Is it possible to plug the router into the "B" side of the ER, plug an optical switch into the SFP cage on the "A" side of the ER and then plug the 3 endpoints into the switch ports?  

You could do that, and at least you are isolating the rest of your network by plugging the router/network feed into the 'B' port and crossing the "moat."  But you could do that and just use 3 of the 4 'A'-side RJ45s to feed your endpoints without introducing another switch downstream of the EtherREGEN. 

That might sound better--unless all your endpoints have optical input and the switch you are proposing has 4 SFP cages...

• 2 weeks later...

Condolences, Alex.  Sorry to hear about your loss.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

Hey Alex, Sorry for your loss 🤧  Take care ! 

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

I am enjoying a new system (not hifi or highend but MUSIC system ;-) ). Today I had to move it around to prepare for my upcoming wedding and moved it back in place when some prep work was done. I have friends in my house and wanted to demonstrate the system and something was missing. I could not tell my friends "you know, normally it sounds even better" ... It was what it was...then I realized that I did not connect the ER...and voila, bamm, the known musicality and space was back. Quite amazing for a six figure system to rely and profit from a few hundred $$ device. I was surprised HOW how much it changed...could not say enough good things IF you run a computer system as frontend!! It also shows, your speakers can be the best in the world driving by 6 mono amps but the source still matters ;-) or even, especially with such a revealing and musical system, the source is the source, what is lost there can never be retrieved ... 

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Also making good progress on the new Power supply, and EtherREGEN projects.

Can’t believe it will be 4-years since I received my EtherREGEN in November ‘19 before we all knew anything about Covid and about what was to happen worldwide.

Just goes to show, we all next know what is around the corner, but as long we all continue to do the right things, it will all be ok.

10 hours ago, Mops911 said:

I have friends in my house and wanted to demonstrate the system and something was missing.

This is a natural phenomenon that afflicts most audiophiles. Along with the mysterious occurrence of guests appearing out of nowhere whenever the system is in flux.

@Superdad exciting times ahead with only the last mile left on the ER2!

Very sorry for your family’s and your loss, Alex. Please accept my condolences. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

On 8/28/2023 at 3:24 PM, Superdad said:

My father, at 93.5 years, passed away late Friday night.

Very sorry for your loss.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256