IGNORED

How much disrespect is alllowed on Computer Audiophile?

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

This is why I want my own plane...

Run for POTUS !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

There is a flip side to this story also. I was flying back from Amsterdam, and the flight attendant asked me if I minded a woman with a small child joining me in a bulkhead seat. I said I didn't mind.

Dutch women are generally beautiful, and this lady was no exception.She chose to sit beside me and put the child in the other aisle seat, and I think, this would be a great 8 hours in daylight.

She was friendly, her husband worked in New York, and they lived in Holland. About an hour over the Atlantic and she asked me if I minded her breastfeeding?  Sometimes you are the lucky guy...

21 hours ago, bigbob said:

Well, both. I saw that video of the Asian man being dragged off a plane--his face bloodied by violence. Our society has become so polarized that I prefer to stay home and listen to tunes...

I am with you @bigbob.   I live in Arizona and I have to go to Florida later this year.  I am driving rather than flying. If I never get on a commercial aircraft again, I will consider that a blessing.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

2 hours ago, mansr said:

And sometimes you are the creepy guy.

She was modest and I wasn't being creepy. Given a choice of a beautiful woman and a guy with long legs....  I found her to be a better choice.

54 minutes ago, wgscott said:

Once, when my oldest kid was really young, we were flying on American Airlines, and my wife, who did not yet have American citizenship and was thus still a barbarian, did exactly that, as it has the added benefit of getting the kid to STFU.  (Swallowing relieves the air-pressure build-up in the ear canals, which is often the reason why babies cry and scream on airplanes).  The flight attendant trotted up, and offered her a blanket.  She said she wasn't cold.  The flight attendant, realizing she was dealing with an ignorant non-American lacking a healthy shame for all bodily functions, became more insistent, informing us that there were a lot of creeps and perverts on the airplane.  I looked around to see what the creeps and perverts were doing. One creep/pervert had his nose in his laptop.  Two others were talking to each other, and a forth one was buried in the Wall Street Journal.  

Twenty years hence, I am beginning to see that she might have had our best interests at heart.

I thought we had accepted breastfeeding babies as a normal occurrence. I am going to assume that those who find it creepy are having issues with it. 

44 minutes ago, bigbob said:

She was modest and I wasn't being creepy. Given a choice of a beautiful woman and a guy with long legs....  I found her to be a better choice.

Maybe you didn't come across as creepy then, but you sure do now. It's people like you who give men a bad name.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Maybe you didn't come across as creepy then, but you sure do now. It's people like you who give men a bad name.

Oh, were you trying to insult me? I am a bit dense. And what pray tell, have you done for the betterment of Man? You would never stoop so low as to insult a fellow Audiophile, especially in a thread about how much disrespect is allowed. You surely must have been joking...You are a funny man, in a queer sort of way.

17 minutes ago, bigbob said:

Oh, were you trying to insult me? I am a bit dense. And what pray tell, have you done for the betterment of Man? You would never stoop so low as to insult a fellow Audiophile, especially in a thread about how much disrespect is allowed. You surely must have been joking...You are a funny man, in a queer sort of way.

Probably not your intent but I found the last bit of your post more than a little creepy/pervy:

About an hour over the Atlantic and she asked me if I minded her breastfeeding?  Sometimes you are the lucky guy...

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

17 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Probably not your intent but I found the last bit of your post more than a little creepy/pervy:

In the context of the discussion about airlines, I was again attempting to inject some humor. Thanks for your input. Now you big boys go back to insulting each other. Calling people names like 'creepy' or 'pervy' in a hobby which has $20,000 power cords seems rather juvenile. Better suited for an elementary school playground than an Audio forum. But since both you and Mansewer found my comments so disturbing, I sincerely apologise as I would not want to drag this thread into some direction that would be considered 'off-topic'. The scholastic level of this discussion should never mention woman as attractive, as that might be offensive to some. Let's get back to the $36 upcharge for an aisle seat--or please post more photos of morbidly obese people. Let's not think about it, just react, and insult....

13 minutes ago, bigbob said:

Did you hear the one about the fat guy who sits at home all day and gets his feelings hurt by some pervert creepy dude? Thanks 

I didn't think so. 

Redacted.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Bob, we don't encourage making derogatory interpretations of screen names in the same mouthful as calling out others for juvenile behaviors.  cough @Ralf11 cough   :)

I did post two photos of large fellas wearing ironic tshirts.  In response to a European with less daily experience in how the greater population here is trending towards sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy eating habits.  That impact healthcare and many other vital resources.  Such as how air travel and how airlines are adapting.  In this physical world that +250 lb person needs to be balanced out in the cargo hold if at all possible.  This is also the reason there are weight limits on checked baggage.