On 11/10/2017 at 5:15 PM, michaelD said:

Got a tip from Bricasti the other day to try some vibration control under a router.

Oh my, I hope that was not one of those heavily involved in developing the Briscati Design M1 with Network Player option -  I fear for its users.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

4 hours ago, michaelD said:

Dave - spoken like a person that dismisses suggestions because of your understanding of audio.  As you may or may not know there is a lot that may not make sense or fit in to a proper box yet can be heard.   I would suggest that you try it first then form an opinion not before.  Once you do that then let us know what you hear or don't that would be useful input.

All I detect is a high BS factor that will waste others money on still points for the wrong gear... my ethics don't allow me to stay quiet  in those cases.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

42 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Thanks Speedracer, amusing for what I scanned through. There is something to be  said for mechanical isolaters in the following order of priority

1. Physical transports ( disc players, vinyl or digital)

2. preamps

3. amplifiers

disc players suffer the worst because any external vibration can affect the "carrier frequency" of the disk rotation, by injecting the external vibration into signal pickup

preamps can suffer board component vibration which for  analog amplification can be perceivable

amps can suffer same but because the input voltage level has been pre-amplified, this is very hard to perceive and amp components are generally more massive so require higher vibration levels to have a like effect. It will be interesting to see if this becomes more of a challenge with the lightweight class D amps.

No need to spend a lot for vibration isolator's unless whats on them is heavy. Mostly what you need an isolator for is to block  surface borne low bass frequencies from traveling into your gear. Small wood cones are fine for light gear,  metal becomes necessary for heavier gear. The basic principle is to reduce the point of contact to your gear so that low bass frequencies don't have a big enough contact point to easily traverse

Can't say that isolater's for interconnects make sense... if they help, that tells me the cable has construction issues... nothing should be "humming to the music" with a cable.

I can see where isolater blocks for speaker wire might make sense, its possible that you might get an EMF interaction at moderate to high voltage going across a concrete floor... you are solving a different problem there, electrical vs mechanical interference.

With pure digital, its all computer tech,  that why so many of us who have  vinyl rigs are willing to pursue it...far fewer gremlins. I've tried isoblocks under DAC's, NAS's, streamers, didn't matter.  Now better power supplies, higher precision MOBO's, electrically quiet MOBO components... these keep making digital better

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, Tecnik1 said:

Router,s also need to run off a LPS and be grounded for optimal performance , this tip just added to the list of router enhancement tricks.

Yes I totally agree on the grounding.  Before I put Sort Kones under the router I did have a grounding wire connected to one port that went directly to the Nordost QKore 6 unit I have.  I would say both had a similar impact on the sound.  I also think that putting some weight on the unit would be helpful but need to find a way to do that without blocking the vents.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

5 hours ago, Tecnik1 said:

I use the Entreq boxes on my system grounding the router, switch, preamp,dac,server,amp to great effect.

Totally agree. 

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

36 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

how does vibration affect a digital signal?  and if it does, what level is needed to do so?

* that is the fly in the ointment

Jitter .

"Google is your friend"

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

9 minutes ago, plissken said:

Tidal was sounding a bit thin and veiled. I just sent them still points to house all their server racks on. You're welcome everyone.

I hope that you still have enough money left over to fund your BS challenges to those you don't agree with ? 9_9

(>90% of C.A. members most likely)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

Jitter .

"Google is your friend"

apparently it is not yours

Besides confusing a mechanical vibration with analog electronics, you have conflated both with a digital signal.

Now without a glib know-nothing reply can you explain how jitter is introduced in a router???

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

I hope that you still have enough money left over to fund your BS challenges to those you don't agree with ? 9_9

(>90% of C.A. members most likely)

You can't actually be in disagreement with people that are 100% incorrect. Just so you know... You can only be FACTUAL.

58 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

apparently it is not yours

Besides confusing a mechanical vibration with analog electronics, you have conflated both with a digital signal.

Now without a glib know-nothing reply can you explain how jitter is introduced in a router???

Do more research yourself.

I have no desire to play your stupid games Mr. TROLL !

BYE !