IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

8 hours ago, botrytis said:

We should just retire this topic. it is probably stroking ML's ego that we are spending so much time talking about him.

Let's move on. :D

but we aren't - it is all over the map (except for Porsche history)

or someone could collect the diverse topics here and post them with a different thread title...

Call it ' Shit Port Galore' Or 'Stream of Consciousness' - Either would work :D

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

17 hours ago, Archimago said:

Interesting thread deviation boys...

I live in Vancouver as well like Mr. Lobster. There are 3 Mary Jane dispensaries within 10 minutes walk from my house. Lots of options of course for your listening pleasure, mood state, and psychoactive intent. Looks like it'll be officially legal countrywide come summer.

Not that I frequent these establishments of course...

It's actually quite a complex topic - perhaps even more complexity and nuance than the virtues of MQA.  Just like there's a huge amount of options with pairing wine and food, the same would be true for weed and music.  

With dozens of music genres and hundreds of popular weed strains, the number of permutations to test is mind-boggling. But it sounds like Mr. Lobster is willing to take the lead on this with proper guidance!

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, firedog said:

I just accessed the site, no problem. Looks nice. I'm sure the haters will hate it, but it seems like a nice resource to me and he made some  equipment recommendations, including budget ones. That's a good thing that audiophile sites often ignore.

He also seems to have lined up some advertisers, so I think the site will be around for a while. 

I can now access it as well. There will be moderated comments. 

7 minutes ago, mansr said:

You know what that means.

This is what it means: twitteringmachines.com/letters-or-why-no-comments/

Comment Rules & Regulations

1. Please be courteous
  2. Relevant comments will be posted
  3. Irrelevant comments will be discarded

Meaning anything ML disagrees with will be discarded.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

On a similar note, one of the reasons publishers went ape about our RSS feeds is because they didn’t want comments on their articles and comments they couldn’t control. 

You mean their RSS feeds. This is the internet. There is always a way to comment. And that's a good thing.

24 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

As long as people know that upfront, it’s all good. 

On a similar note, one of the reasons publishers went ape about our RSS feeds is because they didn’t want comments on their articles and comments they couldn’t control. 

Huge point. I agree with them 100%. If people want comments on THEIR website it’s a totally different thing. BUT.....let’s just put it as “comments on their articles” instead of “comments they couldn’t control”. If they wanted comments on their articles then they would provide those means on their own site. 

David

1 minute ago, realhifi said:

Huge point. I agree with them 100%. If people want comments on THEIR website it’s a totally different thing. BUT.....let’s just put it as “comments on their articles” instead of “comments they couldn’t control”. If they wanted comments on their articles then they would provide those means on their own site. 

Very true. If the Chinese government wanted comments on its work, they’d allow it ?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, realhifi said:

There's nothing to stop me registering tone-audio-comments.com right now. If you publish something, people are free to discuss it, with or without your approval. Deal with it.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Very true. If the Chinese government wanted comments on its work, they’d allow it ?

Settle down. That’s ignorant if you’re comparing them to the Chinese government. The internet is showing it’s true colors in how it’s being manipulated to influence people. 

David

3 minutes ago, mansr said:

There's nothing to stop me registering tone-audio-comments.com right now. If you publish something, people are free to discuss it, with or without your approval. Deal with it.

How often was Tone Audio commented on before Chris had them linked?

David

I always view comments as a way to keep honest people honest, among other things. In the days when print media reigned and letters to the editor were selectively published, there were no checks and balances. 

Plus, only a fool thinks he is smarter than a crowd of like minded people. There’s no way I could know everything about all these topics. I love when people comment with information that teaches me something. 

Sure comments can can be a double edged sword but I’d never let the 2% of bad apples control my business and ruin it for the other 98%. 

That’s just me. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png