IGNORED

Article: Schiit Audio Reference System Preview

It's starting to look like a dealership showroom.  Any demos for sale:).  Can't wait to hear your final results.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Wow, this will be fun, as interesting as a full Schitt system under review is, I think the more interesting aspect will be the control of a single synergy system across 4 different speakers at different price points. Especially interested in the big differences between the Focal and Sonus Fabers and how well they are handled by the Schitt system. Two speakers that are on my future auditioning list. Matt, please give us a hint as to your overall satisfaction with these speakers with the Schitt system compared to your reference TAD. The TAD and Dynaudio seem more extremes to the price point of the full Schitt system (keeping with the rule of thumb speakers being 50% of overall budget).

Samsung 2TB SSD external drive > Oppo 205 USB in > McIntosh C45 > Proceed AMP5 > Mirage HDT Speakers > Velodyne HGS15 Sub // Nordost Blue Heaven Cables, PS Audio Quintet, OWC 2TB Mercury Elite Pro Firewire

Where do you plug in a headphone in this setup? I currently use the headphone plugin on front of my old Yamaha vx-r2500 AVR my original Schiit Magni I find  tiring and harsh sounding (as opposed to using my ME 2 headphone outs). If I have to 'upgrade' the headphone amp I will lose one of those precious 3 RCA inputs on the Yggy- is that correct? Also on the Yggy does it finally decode DTS/5.1 from a cable box or will I now have to just connect with RCA connector from cable box to either the Yggy or the Freya and what does it  sound like like the sound from my TV/monitor speakers now? I have toslink from cable box connected to that old AVR. 

On 9/15/2017 at 12:45 AM, esldude said:

Did you stitch a panoramic shot together for that picture or is your rear wall curved?

If not the former I think your carpenter was off kilter that day.  9_9

Or you are suffering some spatial distortion in the matrix at your location.  Probably due to the glitch in the Yggy DAC chip.  Military chip you know. :ph34r:

I think my carpet layer was off that day as well. Or, he didn't realize I'd be moving heavy equipment in and out and sliding it in the floor. I need to have it fixed (I heard it can be stretched).

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...