IGNORED

How DOES the grounding boxes work?

2 minutes ago, Jud said:

Further to this: lasker, if indeed the Entreq is affecting the sound in @Cornan‘s system by acting as an antenna, it would do so by capturing radio waves (radio frequency interference, or RFI), then conducting that noise into the ground side of his system through the ground screw to which it’s attached.

Is that a clear explanation?

Then what's the purpose of the box and it's contents?

1 hour ago, lasker98 said:

Have you presented any plausible explanations?

Yes, but despair causes tunnel vision, blocking out answers and belief does not allow for non-belief.

Some folks will always vainly insist that their purely subjective perceptions are unerring representations of physical reality.

Power bracelets, Santa, electrical litter boxes, etc, etc. All must be real if perceived.

No alternates are allowed, regardless of plausibility. Tis the way of this world.

Btw, you seem far more enraged than the OP, who's taking this all in stride. :)

1 minute ago, pkane2001 said:

There are two schools of thoughts: one based on belief, another based on science. You are attacking folks based on your belief system, while most of the conversation in this thread has been about scientific explanation for what these boxes might or might not do. It's clear that you don't subscribe to the scientific approach. There's really not much to discuss, since I don't share your belief system and you have no other explanation to contribute.

Finally, progress. You're right and I'm wrong. That makes everything so much clearer.

9 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

Unfortunately, I have a low tolerance for ignorance. Believe me, that tolerance has been stretched to the limits by this back and forth.

I see why the usual suspects in these threads all have such high post counts.

Yours is probably one of the highest, your recent posts have destroyed the conversation that was going on quite amicably, you have lowered the tone of the thread and in doing so proved yourself to what you are accusing other of. I presume you get some thrill for derailing an amicable thread, going totally of topic and waving your hands around booing!

14 minutes ago, marce said:

Yours is probably one of the highest, your recent posts have destroyed the conversation that was going on quite amicably, you have lowered the tone of the thread and in doing so proved yourself to what you are accusing other of. I presume you get some thrill for derailing an amicable thread, going totally of topic and waving your hands around booing!

I believe other than the antenna theory, I'm the only one in 22 pages of posts to post a possible theory. It may be wrong but at least I tried. Unlike most others.

"Yours is probably one of the highest" . 518 posts in over 6 years is one of the highest?

9 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I believe other than the antenna theory, I'm the only one in 22 pages of posts to post a possible theory. It may be wrong but at least I tried. Unlike most others.

Deleted

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

Unfortunately folks that actually known the science at work here and who deal with these issues professionally have told you that your theory makes no sense.

Where I have a big problem is "my theory" (that somehow the box is adjusting the voltage of the ground plane) makes no sense at all, yet the theory that "it's an antenna" (the wire is picking up airborne noise and somehow injecting that back into the component and the box itself is only there as a way to get more money out of customers) is all the explanation we need. I know what theory makes more sense to me.

16 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

Where I have a big problem is "my theory" (that somehow the box is adjusting the voltage of the ground plane) makes no sense at all, yet the theory that "it's an antenna" (the wire is picking up airborne noise and somehow injecting that back into the component and the box itself is only there as a way to get more money out of customers) is all the explanation we need. I know what theory makes more sense to me.

You added the part in bold to my words. I never said this.

I simply said that the antenna theory is the only one that fits the facts presented.

I have no idea whether or not the makers of this product believe their own explanation of how it works or if they are consciously trying to scam anyone.

It is quite possible that they simply noticed the same euphonic effect that the OP noticed and the explanation provided is simply their theory as to why it works.

29 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

You added the part in bold to my words. I never said this.

I simply said that the antenna theory is the only one that fits the facts presented.

I have no idea whether or not the makers of this product believe their own explanation of how it works or if they are consciously trying to scam anyone.

It is quite possible that they simply noticed the same euphonic effect that the OP noticed and the explanation provided is simply their theory as to why it works.

I never said or meant to imply those were your words. You hadn't said anything about any theory in your deleted post other than "your theory", which I took to mean my theory, so I'm not sure why you would think I was referring to you with that bold part.

5 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I never said or meant to imply those were your words. You hadn't said anything about any theory in your deleted post other than "your theory", which I took to mean my theory, so I'm not sure why you would think I was referring to you with that bold part.

I am more interested in your thoughts on the rest of my post as I believe it reconciles the antenna theory with your belief that manufacturer is acting in good faith.

43 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I have no idea either. I will say I consider the possibility of intentionally scamming to be pretty remote. Definitely possible but just hard for me to believe as a most likely explanation.

47 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

It is quite possible that they simply noticed the same euphonic effect that the OP noticed and the explanation provided is simply their theory as to why it works

I agree although I'm assuming there's no negative connotation meant by "euphonic".