IGNORED

How DOES the grounding boxes work?

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Do we have a reliable attribution for "Not even wrong"?  I've seen Pauli, but I think I have seen it attributed to others as well.

Looks like Pauli is right.  https://www.theguardian.com/science/2005/sep/19/ideas.g2

Peter Woit  attributes it to Pauli, explains and footnotes in preface to his Not Even Wrong: The Failure of String Theory.

Please excuse OT.

36 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I will surely give it a go. However, it will not happen before Sunday in any case. I am leaving tomorrow morning and will be back Saturday night.

Atleast we can find out if there is any truth in the antenna theory that most disbeleivers seems to think or even know.

Thanks, will look forward to the results of our curiosity. :)

By the way, it isn’t that I’m a “non-believer.”  I don’t think it’s useful to speak of belief or disbelief.  It’s more just trying to think of what might be happening.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, Jud said:

Thanks, will look forward to the results of our curiosity. :)

By the way, it isn’t that I’m a “non-believer.”  I don’t think it’s useful to speak of belief or disbelief.  It’s more just trying to think of what might be happening.

I will report back as soon as I've tried it.

Sorry if that came out wrong. I ment no harm with the word disbeleivers. It was unintentional.

🎛️  Audio System  

26 minutes ago, marce said:

They do not work as described, they will act as an antenna. Why am I so sure of this, 35+ years of trying to pass CONDUCTED IMMUNITY tests, including laying out the protection components properly, creating EMC moats etc. etc.

I'm curious why you posted the pdf link that I read and got the idea about adjusting the ground plane? I don't recall seeing any feed back from you on it in response to a single post I made referencing it (of which there have been many). If it wasn't worthy of comment by you, why post it in the first place? It seems a common tactic in these types of threads to bombard them with links to supposed expert research, etc. Am I to assume from here on that any links you provide are simply noise and have no value? If yes, it will definitely save me a lot of reading time.

26 minutes ago, Abtr said:

Did you ever try one in your designs? :)

He appears to be too competent for that. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

3 hours ago, marce said:

Of course for these electron pools to work we have to discard the fact that electrons only move about 0.002mm/s so it would take them quite some time to get anywhere and thats just with a D.C. voltage when you get on to A.C. they just wiggle about a bit, so we can forget all these sort of tweaks

not clear what your speed comment is about

are you confusing electron flow with electrical flow?

2 hours ago, lasker98 said:

I'm not rejecting it at all. My thing is the antenna part is likely only a part of the whole. I can't and won't believe that the only reason these boxes work is because the cable is acting as an antenna and injecting noise back to the ground plane.

As I posted in my original post giving a possible explanation, maybe the noise produced by the antenna function is somehow what's activating the contents of the box, creating a voltage source.

Believe me, I wish I had never posted the idea in the first place but I think there could be some validity to it. So far it's the only idea I've seen posted other than the antenna one. But we're only on page 17 so there may be hope yet :)

What do you mean by "these boxes work"?

Can you define work in this situation? 

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

42 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I can but I won't dignify that question with a serious response. I think we have more than enough trolls on these threads without any encouragement.

The thread itself is a troll.

Anyone who thinks sand in a box is a ground has sand in their head.  Anyone who sells such a thing as a grounding device should probably have a chat with their liability attorney.

6 minutes ago, wgscott said:

The thread itself is a troll.

Anyone who thinks sand in a box is a ground has sand in their head.  Anyone who sells such a thing as a grounding device should probably have a chat with their liability attorney.

The thread itself [should be] a troll.  

Unfortunately for modern civilisation, it is quite possible that the thread is in earnest and is merely the result of contemporary liberal arts education.  Just like the very well educated woman in Tiburon who was an anti-VAXer who, when questioned, responded that she had looked into it and was well qualified to assess the information on the topic because she had a liberal arts degree from a renowned liberal arts college.

I'm curious why you posted the pdf link that I read and got the idea about adjusting the ground plane? I don't recall seeing any feed back from you on it in response to a single post I made referencing it (of which there have been many). If it wasn't worthy of comment by you, why post it in the first place? It seems a common tactic in these types of threads to bombard them with links to supposed expert research, etc. Am I to assume from here on that any links you provide are simply noise and have no value? If yes, it will definitely save me a lot of reading time.

I have replied to your posts numerous time.I have provided link to hopefully further peoples knowledge regarding the subject we are discussing. The how to measure ground noise is critical if  you are going to investigate this further, it also gives some more relevant information on ground planes. You have no reason to take that attitude with me its rather sad. I don't have to dig the links out, I could just sprout rubbish like many have done. Instead I tend to fight my corner by backing it up with relevant information. Read it or don't its your loss, they all have value.

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

not clear what your speed comment is about

are you confusing electron flow with electrical flow?

Drift velocity should have used the term to differentiate from fermi motion, sorry. The drift velocity of electrons has no bearing on the signal speed, that's determined by the dialectic mainly. It was in response to the pig tails and battery mods again a single wire circuit!

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

I will report back as soon as I've tried it.

Sorry if that came out wrong. I ment no harm with the word disbeleivers. It was unintentional.

No offense taken at all.  There’s a bit of a movement, encouraged by creationists (both young Earth and old Earth - Intelligent Design - variety), to cast science as just another belief system.  There’s a t-shirt popular among nerds that I like, which sports the caption “Science Doesn’t Care What You Believe.”  In other words, you may believe in levitation all day long, but gravity works.  It’s not that scientists don’t get things wrong or don’t have their own biases, but  in science belief should not be part of the (literal or figurative) equation.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

50 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I went to one of those liberal arts colleges.  

That ain't where this comes from.

I thought you were a Bezerkely-ite - grad. school?

my point tho is there is insufficient science education in the liberal arts curriculum (and what there is, tends to teach science as a body of knowledge, not as a procedure for understanding reality)

2 hours ago, lmitche said:

$8999 at the Entreq online store.

If you have it shipped from England, you should be able to save nearly $1000 with the favorable exchange rate.  Act now!

I can but I won't dignify that question with a serious response. I think we have more than enough trolls on these threads without any encouragement.

I am sorry you feel that way as I am honestly interested in understanding what you expect from such a product from a performance perspective, or in other words what people are listening or hope to listen when they "connect" such a product to their system.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)