IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

On 9/6/2022 at 5:06 PM, Axiom05 said:

The column showing the last post in a thread now shows the time (day, hour etc) when that post was posted. I preferred when it showed the mount of time elapsed since the posting if less than one day. I hope that is clear.

On 9/6/2022 at 7:07 PM, austinpop said:

Yes, I liked the old way too.

@The Computer Audiophile

Same here. Now I have no idea if I've seen the last post and it's irritating! 😎

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, just an FYI, I'm going to move the site to new servers on either November 29th or 30th. The current hardware is old as is the operating system.The new servers are much faster, but also located in a different physical location. The location may be closer/farther from your current location, which will impact latency a little bit. 

If you see the site down this week, please understand the upgrade is taking place. There are many moving parts to this upgrade and I'm sure several issues will pop up. As you guys always do, please let me know any issues, no matter how small or large. Don't assume I already know about them. I appreciate all reports. 

Note: Nothing will change with the user interface. The entire upgrade is behind the scenes. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, botrytis said:

Chris - this site works better than many other audio sites I have visited, and many have 5-10 people working on them, not just one.

Thanks for that.

Thanks so much. I spend quite a bit of time trying to make it better, streamlining code, testing server configs, etc...

I appreciate when people let me know what isn't working well, then I can track it down and improve.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

I'd be very surprised if it was otherwise, you're talking about a guy who tamed 12 channels while most people work very hard to tame just 2 and not always succeed.. 😉

😇

I know, ask Frank....

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects