IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

6 minutes ago, austinpop said:

The site does feel a tad sluggish right now. Images on the Album of the Day thread take a perceptible time to load.

No problems here, quite the contrary - just checked out and I have an impression the album covers on TAotE load maybe even a tad quicker.. 

3 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

No problems here, quite the contrary - just checked out and I have an impression the album covers on TAotE load maybe even a tad quicker.. 

Thanks for the datapoint. There is technically a reason for this, but I don't want to go into too much detail. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

OK, major progress this morning on performance tuning. 

One of the items that was bugging me was the notifications popup (pictured below). It was taking 5 seconds to populate. After some tuning this morning, it's immediate. I suspect this tuning will also improve other aspects of the site's speed. 

I need to rebuild the search index again, so please be patient. 

Thanks everyone. Keep the feedback coming!

1630417223_Screenshot2022-11-30at1_44_45PM.png.0d3e2f2108608fe22062b127a3f8871b.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 minutes ago, austinpop said:

It is faster today, Chris. 

There does appear to be a bit more latency from before the migration, but great throughput. I say that because images on the Album of the Evening thread take a moment to start loading, but once they do, load almost instantaneously.

I think I can guess why!

Part off this could also be how lazyload is working. 

I’ll see if there’s some wiggle room on that config. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of days ago, replaced a Galaxy Note 10+ which worked fine creating and replying to posts with a replacement S22+, the AS posting editor is omg, uncontrollable~!

a) When replying to a post, the quoted text is highlighted, when starting to tap to reply, the cursor goes AWOL, the keyboard vanishes, and can't type a thing with the keyboard disappearing and re-appearing in circles.

b) In the PM screen, can barely type one sentence 10 words or so, then the cursor appears several pages down, with the sentence being spread out shotgun style. Can't remove the 'carriage returns' since there are at least a hundred, then the sentence fragments again.

System:

Android 13

GUI 5.0

Kernel 5.10.81

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

1 minute ago, One and a half said:

A couple of days ago, replaced a Galaxy Note 10+ which worked fine creating and replying to posts with a replacement S22+, the AS posting editor is omg, uncontrollable~!

a) When replying to a post, the quoted text is highlighted, when starting to tap to reply, the cursor goes AWOL, the keyboard vanishes, and can't type a thing with the keyboard disappearing and re-appearing in circles.

b) In the PM screen, can barely type one sentence 10 words or so, then the cursor appears several pages down, with the sentence being spread out shotgun style. Can't remove the 'carriage returns' since there are at least a hundred, then the sentence fragments again.

System:

Android 13

GUI 5.0

Kernel 5.10.81

Thanks for the report. Which browser?

On 12/18/2022 at 8:16 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I am trying to reproduce this on a Samsung tablet with Edge and I just can't. 

When Edge's data is purged [Privacy and security| Clear Browsing data], the AS editor works fine to reply to a post..

When Edge is restarted after the purge, the bad behaviour returns. Is there a cache for the AS editor, maybe that needs a reset?

Chrome works fine, but allows ads through on websites other than AS, whereas Edge blocks them. I hate ads. So for now, will use chrome for AS, and Edge for everything else on the Android phone.

7 hours ago, One and a half said:

Chrome works fine, but allows ads through on websites other than AS, whereas Edge blocks them. I hate ads. So for now, will use chrome for AS, and Edge for everything else on the Android phone.

There are any number of ad block extensions for Chrome, with uBlock Origin generally acknowledged to be among the best. Or you could use Vivaldi, a Chrome-based browser that can be set to block ads by default.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 hours ago, Jud said:

There are any number of ad block extensions for Chrome, with uBlock Origin generally acknowledged to be among the best. Or you could use Vivaldi, a Chrome-based browser that can be set to block ads by default.

For the PC, there are many choices, Adblock (white hand on red circle), was freeware, it worked so well, I bought a yearly donation scheme. That app doesn't work with Edge or Chrome on Android, the choices are very limited, with using the Samsung browser accepts a 3rd party ad blocker or choices as you mentioned. I'll give uBlock a shot, but am so used to Edge which kills all ads, yet sites don't complain the blocker is on, like a set of worn in boots, hard to change.

17 minutes ago, One and a half said:

For the PC, there are many choices, Adblock (white hand on red circle), was freeware, it worked so well, I bought a yearly donation scheme. That app doesn't work with Edge or Chrome on Android, the choices are very limited, with using the Samsung browser accepts a 3rd party ad blocker or choices as you mentioned. I'll give uBlock a shot, but am so used to Edge which kills all ads, yet sites don't complain the blocker is on, like a set of worn in boots, hard to change.

Vivaldi works on Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android, and syncs across all of them (settings, extensions, bookmarks, etc.). On PC and Mac it has a built in email client; don’t know about Android because I have an iPhone.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...