IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

59 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

chris@computeraudiophile.com

HideousNaturalBaboon-size_restricted.gif

17 minutes ago, lucretius said:

The only thing I changed was to turn off, then on, Kaspersky Total Security.

I spent a solid week trying to fix a family member's issues over the phone before going over [Pre-Covid] to discover AV issued a corrupted update followed by a string of attempts to fix it.  

9 hours ago, rando said:

I spent a solid week trying to fix a family member's issues over the phone before going over [Pre-Covid] to discover AV issued a corrupted update followed by a string of attempts to fix it.  

My problem reappeared but I fixed it.  It turns out that with the Kaspersky Protection add-on/Kaspersky Total Security, I had to specifically allow banners on this website (this was not the default).

mQa is dead!

On 9/14/2020 at 11:01 AM, ray-dude said:

Chris, I get the motivations for summarizing notification emails (...) but any chance for premium subscribers to get the full contents?  I mainly keep up with conversations through email, and click through when I have something to contribute.  Alas, I'm having to click through on pretty much every notification (which isn't going to happen)

image.thumb.png.9cd2bec210bdb70f6d63b0e280c088d0.png

Chris, thanks for fixing this!  Full posts in notifications are working again (and VERY much appreciated)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just implemented some new search results features. Your search text will be highlighted and you can navigate quickly to the search terms via an up/down arrow that appears on the right side of the screen. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.41.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.40.42 PM.png

Also, you can select text and do a search of the text, phrase, or the usual quote the text.

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.40.02 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I don't know if this is something going on with my computer or not, but it started last night. I am seeing some graphical glitches alongside some weird use issues while browsing the site. I am not seeing avatars, clicking links can take a long time and the site freezes randomly.

Screenshot from 2021-02-21 14-07-20.png

Screenshot from 2021-02-21 14-07-50.png

Screenshot from 2021-02-21 14-08-05.png

No electron left behind.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 3:13 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

We have. I go back and forth about this one.

It is immediately apparent. Feels like half the size of any common web page. Very hard to read. Windows settings are at a normal 100%.

It is also about the light-weightiness.  At the right hand, WikiPedia:

image.thumb.png.a38742e8a37f41197ae338ef9b2fe9f9.png

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

5 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

It is immediately apparent. Feels like half the size of any common web page. Very hard to read. Windows settings are at a normal 100%.

It is also about the light-weightiness.  At the right hand, WikiPedia:

image.thumb.png.a38742e8a37f41197ae338ef9b2fe9f9.png

which version of Windows are you using and which browser?

If I recall, you complained when I stopped supporting IE8 many years after its demise 😁

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png