IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

16 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If I recall, you complained when I stopped supporting IE8 many years after its demise 😁

Yeah, you. might But I wouldn't know how that would have been me.

Always the latest version of W10;

I just tried

- Edge

- Opera

- FireFox (is a tad more small even, and also unbalanced)

- Chrome (on W8.1).

- IE8 

It is all the same.

So you're telling that you don't see it. Am I right ?

PS: There is a very very tiny difference between normal reading posts and what's typed in the editor (which seems larger). Could be me that one.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Supposed you don't see this, do notice that video cards also do a couple of things (and let's say that mine is not the cheapest).

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

2 hours ago, PeterSt said:

I just tried

- Edge

- Opera

- Chrome (on W8.1).

- IE8 

It is all the same.

So you're telling that you don't see it. Am I right ?

PS: There is a very very tiny difference between normal reading posts and what's typed in the editor (which seems larger). Could be me that one.

Vivaldi on Windows? Linux? (Didn't look bad to me yesterday, Vivaldi on Lubuntu.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, PeterSt said:

I just tried

- Edge

- Opera

- Chrome (on W8.1).

- IE8 

Yes ... I use Firefox - and the sense of unbalance in the relative sizes of the fonts on a displayed page is strong.

You're not alone - I see that as well ...

4 hours ago, left channel said:

Theirs is 15 px. Sites with older demos, like the venerable TiVo Community Forum, seem to be at least 16 px.

I'm going to take a look at the options and all the code referencing the same size (14px), and try to adjust the forum size a bit. The size is referenced in the code as a name, and other items just use this name rather than specific size. Thus, changing the size will change it for everything referencing the name. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

51 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm going to take a look at the options and all the code referencing the same size (14px), and try to adjust the forum size a bit. The size is referenced in the code as a name, and other items just use this name rather than specific size. Thus, changing the size will change it for everything referencing the name. 

FWIW: 16px is somewhat of a standard, to match the default font size defined in browsers.  The more sites that follow that standard makes it easier for individuals to adjust the browser scaling once for a font size they prefer for all sites.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, we're back after the major update and security patching. Please let me know what isn't working. I haven't changed much, in terms of dialing back the changes implemented by the software vendor. If you find stuff you think is odd, just post here and I'll take a look. 

I'm continuing to go through the changes and evaluate how they work or don't work for AS. I'd rather open the community and evaluate them as I go, than keep it closed and evaluate. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

There is an issue with individual topic moderators or when the OP asks to moderate his own thread. The developer of the specific plugin I use has been in the hospital on/off for many months and hasn't updated it to work with the new platform update. I held off as long as I could to see if he could update it, but I had to apply the patches for security reasons. 

I don't know the path forward for this yet, but I'm working on it. 

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There is an issue with individual topic moderators or when the OP asks to moderate his own thread. The developer of the specific plugin I use has been in the hospital on/off for many months and hasn't updated it to work with the new platform update. I held off as long as I could to see if he could update it, but I had to apply the patches for security reasons. 

I don't know the path forward for this yet, but I'm working on it. 

I still see Moderator Actions at the top, just don't see the strip that identified who the moderator(s) are. If so, that's a minor issue.

Unless they have received or can find such contact info on the wider web.  

Only one example of a broader mistake I feel you might be making.  From a security perspective email is a gaping hole easily exploited beyond the privilege of membership here.  Sure tech(r/) folks you are rapidly bringing into the fold dispose of providers, much less addresses, like skin cells.  Many others stream everything into one or two "highly trustworthy" long term accounts.  Or even more realistic, hate getting locked out every few months of an (email) account they only access in relationship to this site/related uses... ie never until you really need it.  

Security is multi-level and trying to avoid being the lowest hanging fruit. As it stands now, anyone can view a username on AS and attempt to login with that username. It's an open invitation for attempting to get in. By switching to email address, at least we are one step removed from coming to the site and looking at the buffet of login possibilities. 

If as you say, people switch email addresses all the time, this will make AS more secure because their login credentials will be different from any pastebin dumps found online. Maybe :~)

At least take under consideration pursuing alternative that provides isolation unique to this site.

I like the changes made to account dropdown menu placement of logout button.  On desktop this required scrolling with potential to lose focus previously.  Clearly you were aware of this and it was excellent service.  

However when I took a screenshot and attempted to Control+V it failed at upload stage.  Might be a clipboard setting buried in Windows I altered with a script or might not.

52 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I use that feature, so I can't claim someone from Nigeria is posting under my username...

I also use, and strongly suggest others do as well, 1Password.

Or another reputable password app, such as LastPass.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.