IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There are literally hundreds of posts rolling in right now from tens of users trying to spam the site. 

Fortunately I can click one button to disable their accounts and remove all the posts.

This is insane. They don't care if their posts appear on the site, they just keep posting.

It's probably automated.

Where's the NSA when you need them?  Hmm, let's see ... who wants to put CA out of business?  This has the feel of a hired gun.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

What would be the reason i get the "Secure connection failed" only at wo r k? Even if I go to a cached topic (google), it sends me to their bad page stating site is against policy or whatever.  A couple weeks ago it was fine and I know they are on a massive security binge/pushing out new polices etc..  just curious

connection.thumb.jpg.f286d0de85cd779e0cc52a6ed73cc714.jpg

My rig

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.38.50 PM.png

Hi,

Looks like a DDOS (SPAM) attack - the IP addresses are close in some of the posters - and with same e-mail domain (different e-mail account).

What i used to do is locate the servers they are being sent from - use the relevant WHOIS information and report that their servers are being used for SPAM etc. It is a slow process, but it does start to remove their control of the servers.

Regards,

Shadders.

15 minutes ago, Foggie said:

What would be the reason i get the "Secure connection failed" only at wo r k? Even if I go to a cached topic (google), it sends me to their bad page stating site is against policy or whatever.  A couple weeks ago it was fine and I know they are on a massive security binge/pushing out new polices etc..  just curious

Could be a corporate proxy being stupid. Alternatively, corporate policy has removed the relevant root certificate from your browser. Or maybe your work browser/OS is ancient and doesn't support the security level Chris has configured in Cloudflare.

1 hour ago, Foggie said:

Looks like you're using Firefox 60 and 61 on Windows, so not terribly old. 

We switched SSL certificates last week, but that wouldn't explain why this has been happening for a couple weeks. 

Have you tried clearing out everything you can in your browser?

We pass SSL tests with a grade of A.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 4.37.13 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

56 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

We switched SSL certificates last week, but that wouldn't explain why this has been happening for a couple weeks. 

It's a shared Cloudflare certificate. Foggie, can you access https://www.foodsafety.ca/ which uses the same cert?

56 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Have you set the minimum TLS version to 1.3? Some browsers fail with that setting.

13 hours ago, Foggie said:

Now I'm getting this error in Firefox.

EDIT: Working again.

22 hours ago, mansr said:

Could be a corporate proxy being stupid. Alternatively, corporate policy has removed the relevant root certificate from your browser. Or maybe your work browser/OS is ancient and doesn't support the security level Chris has configured in Cloudflare.

Using current version of Win10 + firefox

22 hours ago, mansr said:

Using current version of Win10 + firefox

My rig

21 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes I cleared everything and still same result.  I'm sure its something on their end/blocking it

My rig