2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Yes, it made a small improvement, as the USB lead from the motherboard to the front panel is relatively long.

Don't forget that this was just another bypass cap to bypass HF digital rubbish.

I don't normally use the noisy SMPS +5V from the motherboard though. I use external low noise +5V , mainly derived from a 12V Li Ion battery.

Then it sounds like it is worth a persue! :) Have you ever tried it in the Spdif path?

🎛️  Audio System  

What are people using for a box/container for their LT3045 boards? Just ordered one for inbetween the LPS-1 and microRendu - going to try the POE cable tweak as well. But I’d rather not have it hanging bare back there. Thanks, Charles

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

1 hour ago, Monge said:

@Cornan

Wow :) 

Thanks for sharing all your experiments.

I’ve got a swedish delight.

I bought a second hand Supra sword-ISL RCA set for $163

I blew me away how good it is for Tidal Hi-FI streaming.

It’s a very very transparent Cable.

Regards Monge

11A70E0D-6D3B-45C5-AFE2-CBB4DB083C3D.jpeg

You’re welcome Monge! ?

Supra Sword is a really great cable. I have wished for their Sword range for many years. I have never actually tried them in my own setup, but have heard them several times at local hifi shops. They always sound very neutral and transparent. A really great choise at a good price. Enjoy! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

What are people using for a box/container for their LT3045 boards? Just ordered one for inbetween the LPS-1 and microRendu - going to try the POE cable tweak as well. But I’d rather not have it hanging bare back there. Thanks, Charles

I still use mine without case. However, I know that @[email protected] have hinted on this thread that he was looking for a RPi type of case for the LT3045s. Not sure if he have found any yet though? ? He have also other interesting plans that he might or might not want to share here! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

I guess I just hit a wall with the Kemet A750!

10975C36-1F29-4CD6-935B-0533D8C526C6.thumb.jpeg.0558f4561043837a7e23e0d329bdce72.jpeg

To to make it as good as this adapter could possibly be I used Mundorf gold silver wires for the job. Installed the Kemet and plugged it into the USPCB and had a listen. Lifeless and dull! Removed it and the music was kicked alive again. Plugged it in again. Booooring! Removed it and it was like I got the breath back after a deep dive.

Well, as I said I hit a wall and I hit it hard. It took away everything I like about my music. Air, dynamics, naturalness, feelings, presence, 4D and low frequency details. The joy disappeared instantly. I am glad that I’m back to USPCB only. Music touch my heart again! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

8 hours ago, Cornan said:

Then it sounds like it is worth a persue! :) Have you ever tried it in the Spdif path?

I don't need to do that in the SPDIF path as I use an internal Asus Xonar D2X card which has it's own additional filtering.

Another advantage of the additional front port USB panel is that both lots of +5V are connected together, resulting in  1A, instead of only 500mA available, with only one in use.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5-2-USB-2-0-Port-HUB-HD-Audio-Output-Floppy-Drive-Expansion-Front-Panel-AG-/163005710960?hash=item25f3e5c270

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

After a couple of set backs with the Kemet A750 I strucked gold. USB was’nt great and Spdif would’nt lock properly. I finally decided to try a second Kemet at the DC cable running from the LPS-1.2 to the galvanicly isolated Spdif output of the BluWave USB to Spdif. So one at the LPS-1.2 end and one on the same DC cable but at the BluWave end.

7BB8CE24-550D-4980-B0C4-4B28AD02E96E.thumb.jpeg.5c847903a1d1f1207c37a4b3298efb0f.jpegD0A07361-899C-47BF-92AB-E411A801DA0F.thumb.jpeg.a194c1d47755d1e5d6bc031c3cd139f6.jpeg

Magic happened again! Almost like pure oxygen have been injected. A light feeling to it all but with firm and low end bass and sweet midrange. Lovely! ??

🎛️  Audio System  

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

How do one simulate a capacitance of >2 Farads? ?

In the case of the JLH PSU Add-on that I use, it has a capacitance multiplier section. I use 2 x parallel 4,700uF for a total of approx. 9,400uF. This is multiplied by the HFE (gain) of the transistor used. The transistors that I normally use there have an HFE from 200 to 240.

You can also use something like the attached in series with the +VE supply line, but it's capacitance will be lower due to the size of the capacitors used.(space requirements) For -VE supply lines, change the transistor to a PNP type, and reverse the polarity of the 1,000uF (etc.)

Capacitance multiplier.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

36 minutes ago, Cornan said:

decided to try a second Kemet at the DC cable running from the LPS-1.2 to the --- BluWave USB to Spdif

36 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Magic happened again!

Notice pattern? Good on power supply wires, not so good on signal wires. Was my guess 9_9

8 minutes ago, look&listen said:

Notice pattern? Good on power supply wires, not so good on signal wires. Was my guess 9_9

Yep, spot on! I just had to try it to know it! ? I have loads of resistors in my drawers. Might give them a try in the signal path just for fun! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Here is what I thought. Fuck it, I’ll try it anyway!

I’m glad I did! ?

A Kemet A750 on input and output on series LT3045 powering ISO Regen which is powering BW USB input improves with a more articulated sound and impressive 4D properties. Bass still digging very deep and dynamic.

Panasonic FC type A is used on the Gophert feeding the LT3045s BTW.

B032FC81-E256-48CE-B7A6-7A79E7AF6117.thumb.jpeg.d199bd94325dd2c4386973b5c0f7e5e2.jpeg 

🎛️  Audio System  

31 minutes ago, John769 said:

Nice Cornan.  So that's two boards under that cover and you simply moved the second Kemet from the input on the second board to the input on the first board?  With the Kemet on the output of the second board remaining..

Thanks John! ?

Yes, it is two boards. The first board have a Kemet at the input and the last board have a Kemet at the output. No Kemet inbetween the boards (under the Entreq mini wrap cover).

🎛️  Audio System  

18 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Yes, it is two boards. The first board have a Kemet at the input and the last board have a Kemet at the output. No Kemet inbetween the boards (under the Entreq mini wrap cover).

Didn't you previously have it at the input of the second board though, or was that with a different set of boards?  Just trying to establish if you prefer it at the input of the first board in general or just with this set? :)

In the meantime, I've just tried the Powerwalker post the balanced power IT (powering speakers only) and ...although I'm still undecided, I perhaps don't like it.  Yes, it does introduce a slight injection of oxygen but for me the sonic picture isn't quite as real, as if fine detail is diminished. We're talking very subtle difference though and I need to listen more..

Question:  If I cut the PW captive cable, leaving an inch or so and attaching a male IEC, would you still get the same signature of the captive cable from the remaining inch?  Do you have any recommendations for a schuko male plug for some silver-plated star quad that I have spare?  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, John769 said:

Didn't you previously have it at the input of the second board though, or was that with a different set of boards?  Just trying to establish if you prefer it at the input of the first board in general or just with this set? :)

In the meantime, I've just tried the Powerwalker post the balanced power IT (powering speakers only) and ...although I'm still undecided, I perhaps don't like it.  Yes, it does introduce a slight injection of oxygen but for me the sonic picture isn't quite as real, as if fine detail is diminished. We're talking very subtle difference though and I need to listen more..

Question:  If I cut the PW captive cable, leaving an inch or so and attaching a male IEC, would you still get the same signature of the captive cable from the remaining inch?  Do you have any recommendations for a schuko male plug for some silver-plated star quad that I have spare?  Thanks!

It was a different board. I have 16 LT3045 boards and 11 of them is currently used in my setup! ?

this was the first time I tried the Kemet’s on both input and output on series LT3045. I have only tried it at my router end before where I use a single LT3045.

As I have told you before the PowerWalker needs testing. It does’nt improve everywhere. It can make it worse in the wrong spot.

I do not think that cutting that cable will give you a much different result. Only minor. You are probably better off trying it somewhere else.

Here is a tip for a great AC mains plug kit https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132303196697

You might also be interested in the sellers other items, like this balanced IT for example https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132477069895

?

🎛️  Audio System  

On 9-5-2018 at 4:14 PM, charlesphoto said:

Preview  of the lt3045 case wich is also the 5.5x2.1 connector. 

2018-05-13 19.41.29.jpg

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

24 minutes ago, Cornan said:

As I have told you before the PowerWalker needs testing. It does’nt improve everywhere. It can make it worse in the wrong spot.

Apart from pre IT (source) and post IT (speakers) I'm not sure what other positions are available but.. no worries...it can always be put to good use for non audio duties.

Thanks for the links!  Wow, anyone heard that IT or fancy taking one for the team? :P

4 minutes ago, John769 said:

Apart from pre IT (source) and post IT (speakers) I'm not sure what other positions are available but.. no worries...it can always be sent to the other side of my room for non audio duties.

Thanks for the links!  Wow, anyone heard that IT?

You’re welcome! I have recently ordered the 15VAC and 12VAC balanced isolated AC-AC PSs plus the Sigma 11 from the same seller. I have’nt tried the IT, but it looks good, the seller have great knowledge, he sells great high quality products and the IT got a 5 star review. The IT have a grounded secondary BTW. 

🎛️  Audio System