6 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Aha! Thank you for this nugget of info. Larry was urging me get on the LT3045 train, so I was contemplating adding them after my SR-4.

Thats what I found in my system, if there is a difference its too subtle for me with the SR4, but generally I've found the LT3045s well worth adding to other power supplies..

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

So what is stoppning you to try it yourself Rajiv? ? Many different things could affect the outcome. 

Inertia and laziness!

Also I need to read up. As I gather, there are 1A modules that are fairly cheap, otherwise the next step up is the 5a modules?

Is there a summary with links somewhere? :P 

Fair enough! ?

No links. That is a part of my own laziness I’ll guess! ?

Anyway, there is some available like the LT3045 from Alexey (500mA & 1A) 

http://www.ldovr.com/category-s/118.htm

Then there is the Stammheims (Michael) 3A boards called HPULN http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendor-s-bazaar/310402-fs-ultra-low-noise-power-supply-lt3045-based-pcb-2.html#post5227003

The HC-HPULN (5A) is not release just yet, but you can e-mail Michael for a quotation. He will soon launch a website BTW.

The HC-HPULN is better than HPULN, but my assumption is that it is due to the improved aluminium Polymer caps.

I also know that Alexey have something new up his sleeve, but I leave it up to him to reveal the details about it when he is ready! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Ok, then it make perfekt sense that IR is working with 5v! ?

The polymer caps makes a big difference with LT3045. I am on my way to find out if the Kemet aluminium polymer caps will make the basic LT3045 shine in singles? It seems to me that the optimal combo is tantalum plus aluminium polymer caps in series. My Aries Mini seems to think so atleast! ?

0A9D9BF0-B410-4E88-A256-B9858ACFCE64.thumb.jpeg.839bbe74f4c525c7fd9df8e8ad6db3d9.jpeg

More about this after I come back from China in May.

Look forward to hearing your further thoughts in this. By then I might have an update on my I2S streamer too ...?

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

On 17/04/2018 at 1:45 PM, Cornan said:

Then it is probably worth a shot. I only know that my original Regen never worked with 5v when I tried.

BTW. Check out the post from Lucian on the DiyAudio thread. You might be interested in his test version USB isolation device! ;) 

Sorry missed your post. I did see Lucians offer. Not sure I want any more USB ISOs though but I may get one to help out. So glad he is making progress. I’m sure his next board will be wonderful, he has a knack of producing great gear. 

6 hours ago, tapatrick said:

Sorry missed your post. I did see Lucians offer. Not sure I want any more USB ISOs though but I may get one to help out. So glad he is making progress. I’m sure his next board will be wonderful, he has a knack of producing great gear. 

I think it will be interesting to see what that could do both in single and series with IR. I like that it has both passive and active USB stages. I am quite confident that the next BW will be something very special. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

I got a couple of diazed fuses yesturday for my main braker panel looking like this.

E3229A0C-B9F5-474D-95B5-0BBD7400EFF9.thumb.jpeg.d94e5d4a8301032852c1c3ff541dcb35.jpeg

I will change out socket 1 & 2, 3 or 4 for starters with AHP DII-E27 20A diazed gold fuse plus AHP DII-E27 10A gold fuse.

?ma=get_image&id=23211&thumb=1

I hope to get time to do that tonight or latest tomorrow before I leave to China. 

The interesting bit is not only to change out socket 1 which is connected to my audio corner (not only though). It will be even more interesting if changing out any of the other non-audio related spots and see if that makes a difference to SQ, even though they are not connected. I suspect that it actually could improve SQ, but let´s see if that holds true IRL? More about this soon! :) 

🎛️  Audio System  

I've tested the Singxer F1 and Schiit EITR in my system inbetween ultraRendu and Job INTegrated amp. In both cases I preferred the usb input of the amp. 

I'm interested now in the BluWave USB to Spdif converter. Couldn't find anything on it except on CA. Are the specs available and can it be ordered? A picture would be great too. Thanks! 

17 minutes ago, jaaptina said:

I've tested the Singxer F1 and Schiit EITR in my system inbetween ultraRendu and Job INTegrated amp. In both cases I preferred the usb input of the amp. 

I'm interested now in the BluWave USB to Spdif converter. Couldn't find anything on it except on CA. Are the specs available and can it be ordered? A picture would be great too. Thanks! 

Unfortunately you’ve got bad timing (or good timing depending on how you look upon it) to buy the BluWave board. Lucian have posted this recently http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/304537-bluwave-usb-spdif-bridge-miniature-beauty-24.html#post5400242

This means that a new, possibly better but more expensive board with better parts are under construction. It might take a while but could surely be worth waiting for. I love my BW-1.0 board! ?

If you scroll back you’ll see how it looks like, but the new board will probably look much different and possibly with two boards.

🎛️  Audio System  

10 hours ago, Cornan said:

I got a couple of diazed fuses yesturday for my main braker panel looking like this.

E3229A0C-B9F5-474D-95B5-0BBD7400EFF9.thumb.jpeg.d94e5d4a8301032852c1c3ff541dcb35.jpeg

I will change out socket 1 & 2, 3 or 4 for starters with AHP DII-E27 20A diazed gold fuse plus AHP DII-E27 10A gold fuse.

?ma=get_image&id=23211&thumb=1

I hope to get time to do that tonight or latest tomorrow before I leave to China. 

The interesting bit is not only to change out socket 1 which is connected to my audio corner (not only though). It will be even more interesting if changing out any of the other non-audio related spots and see if that makes a difference to SQ, even though they are not connected. I suspect that it actually could improve SQ, but let´s see if that holds true IRL? More about this soon! :) 

Well, I got roughly 30 min to perform this test and it took me 10 min to find a reason why my audio rig, TV and main router did’nt work. I finally slapped my head when I remembered the RCD/GFCIs that of course shut them off when I changed the diazed fuses. ? Because of this I did’nt have time to evaluate with one and two fuses changed. I will do it when I come back from China though.

What about the SQ with both diazed fuses changed then? Very very good thank you! ? The sound got fuller with more body. Treble got a silky smooth feeling to it all and noticeably more relaxed. Softer but with slightly improved details in both high and lows. Very nice improvement indeed! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Final day before my China trip and these awaited things showed up! ?

AB026301-D6F0-4A84-8948-07A4DD659ED2.thumb.jpeg.fe470adcd85b83e02438e203a44be9d4.jpeg

Three LT3045s from Alexey unsoldered. 5v, 6v & 9v. Damn! I must have missed to inform that I wanted the parts soldered to the boards. Well well, I get to practise on my soldering skills and use my Cardas silver solder atleast! Positive thinking! ?

I also got my 10 pcs Kemet aluminium polymer caps and a couple of upgraded tools of the specific type that I use the most for my DIY’ing! ?

692B6BC6-1B3F-4374-9EE8-D4B813330DB9.thumb.jpeg.84318b4a7cb17aeee8876fe28e6e2a8e.jpeg

Nothing can stop me now...except my soldering skills, my assumptions and the China trip! ?

I’ll be posting my first impressions in mid of May I’ll guess. Stay tuned but don’t expect it to happen before May 15. It might not seem to be something interesting at all at first glanze, but the additional LT3045s will make it possible to make the head-to-head comparence between a tweaked LPS-1.2 and HC-HPULN in my setup plus give ne the chance to see if LT3045s can cure the down-sides of a DC Y-split. The Kemet will make it possible to hear if LT3045 can sound as good in singles as in series & if tantalum polymer caps in combination with alu polymer caps is a match made in heaven. There is more evaluations, but I will spare you all that part for now. I don’t want you to give you headache due to experimental over-load! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

20 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Preparing for my trip. This is the audio setup that I will be travelling with except my iPhone SE & Sony XBA-N3 in-ears this time. I do not think I’ll need anything better.

30A4D7D6-0306-483A-89A7-64898865087E.thumb.jpeg.ce05a7a6ea29c6581427f7eb74437141.jpeg

I can hear people questioning why I use a battery supply to inject power to a active speaker powered by battery. Guess what? It does’nt make a huge difference overall, but it will free up some air/space in the 3D perspective. If you are not that picky don’t mind. If you are it will put the music free so to speak! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

I could’nt stop myself. I just had to!

2A64BF18-F0A9-49BA-8D8C-E849257F7854.thumb.jpeg.2c7713fc2547204ad2c6f68281ec27d4.jpeg0B05F70B-4B39-424F-96D6-EFA59C3E6A96.thumb.jpeg.52b59d4f7438fa55cc311487f23e8f34.jpeg

I am so glad I did! The Kemet aluminium polymer caps added to Alexeys LT3045 board output makes music for angels. The sound suddenly turns airy and very emotional. Like suddenly fall in love. Impossible to say why, but the sense is gone and the feelings are overwelming. It is all crispy, delicate, sensitive and emotional. Wow! I really think I will have use for all ten of them. They’re that good! ? Be sure to hear more about these awesome Kemet’s. I love love love them already! ? 

🎛️  Audio System  

Sorry for my Swedish but Jävlar anamma [good damn]  how great it sounds with just a single Kemet aluminium polymer cap addded in my Aries Mini DC power end. I cannot beleive how this little cap just made it all sounds SO GREAT! 

I suspected a step-up, but what I am hearing right now is transformation to another level. I love this wierd hobby! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Added a Kemet aluminium polymer cap at the router end before bed time.

1078370E-ACC5-42F9-8C44-9EE2108AC533.thumb.jpeg.090fa73d6d5f4d90d990b1552c234c54.jpeg

(Don’t worry. A Ghent ET02 is on order for the router)

Unbeleivable! Yet another big jump in SQ. Same type of improvement as at the Aries Mini end. The Kemet’s is improving SQ like the LT3045s did, but in a different way. They inject music feelings and makes my speakers sound like that they have forgotten that they are directional and strongly beleive that they are supported with room treatment. It sounds like they have broken the laws of physics in a way. The Kemet is simply awesome! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

I could’nt stop myself. I just had to!

2A64BF18-F0A9-49BA-8D8C-E849257F7854.thumb.jpeg.2c7713fc2547204ad2c6f68281ec27d4.jpeg0B05F70B-4B39-424F-96D6-EFA59C3E6A96.thumb.jpeg.52b59d4f7438fa55cc311487f23e8f34.jpeg

I am so glad I did! The Kemet aluminium polymer caps added to Alexeys LT3045 board output makes music for angels. The sound suddenly turns airy and very emotional. Like suddenly fall in love. Impossible to say why, but the sense is gone and the feelings are overwelming. It is all crispy, delicate, sensitive and emotional. Wow! I really think I will have use for all ten of them. They’re that good! ? Be sure to hear more about these awesome Kemet’s. I love love love them already! ? 

I have   like 5 LT3045 boards collecting dust, maybe I should test what you are doing. Can you pls share a link to the caps and do you install them in the output of the board?

9 hours ago, mozes said:

I have   like 5 LT3045 boards collecting dust, maybe I should test what you are doing. Can you pls share a link to the caps and do you install them in the output of the board?

Here it is https://www.mouser.se/ProductDetail/?qs=M6jHmRuQorWa3alz81gcwg==

Yes, output of the board but will try input as well later.

Sorry for a short answer. I am about to board my plain to Amsterdam. Then Guangzhou.

🎛️  Audio System  

Finally after many hours of looking for a suitable AC>AC power supply for the series HC-HPULN I have found the perfect one with 15VAC balanced output, floating ground and EMI filtered IEC for an acceptable price point. Order placed.

HIFI Audio 50W AC 12V Balanced isolation power supply 50VA EMI AC version PSU https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132363016347

Since I’m in China and cannot Google for pictures so you’ll have to click on the link to see it. Order placed.

This will be my final test for a suitable PSU for my Brooklyn DAC. After this the hunt will be all over and done with. Could this actually concur my beloved Gophert csp-3205II as a feeder supply for the HC-HPULN in series? Could it really? Stay tuned for this ”epic” nail biter! ? 

...and YES I will add a Kemet aluminium polymer cap inbetween the HC-HPULNs but not completely sure that I want to put the HC-HPULNs inside the aluminium case due to heat. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

I have actually decided that my very first experiment when I come home to Sweden again will be to add a Kemet aluminium polymer cap to the output of my LPS-1.2 powering my BW spdif output. Maybe even add one at the Spdif output as well. I am quite confident it will be an awesome step-up in SQ. But IRL impressions tells the true story so let’s see! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Thinking out loud here (and honestly a bit bored in a hotel room), but what about adding kemet aluminium cap to the USB path? It so darn simple to add and it is great for leakage and reduce impedance to a minimum. What could go wrong? ? I think I will squeeze this weird idea into my coming experimental pipe-line! ?

🎛️  Audio System