3 hours ago, Cornan said:

Yay! My three HC-HPULNs (5A/LT3045) with improved output capacitors (quicker and more stabile respond to voltage changes. Still polymer) are ready for delivery tomorrow. Exiting times ahead! ?

Just remember that Polymer capacitors have VERY low ESR, which isn't necessarily always a good thing for Audio.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

4 hours ago, sandyk said:

Just remember that Polymer capacitors have VERY low ESR, which isn't necessarily always a good thing for Audio.

HPULN (3A) is using Polymer capacitors as well and in series they are the best things that ever happen to my Brooklyn DAC. HC-HPULN (5A) have just faster and more stabile Polymer capacitors. I am not worried at all actually but if it will affect anything I will hear it right away due to the quick drop in replacement and you will read about it here.

Remember that these boards are specifically made and fine tuned for audio purposes. Michael have good reasons to use Polymer capacitors.

🎛️  Audio System  

20 hours ago, sandyk said:

you simply wanted a more accurate , easy to read DVM for more general, accurate  voltage measurement purposes, you could fit it to a small black jiffy box with a toggle switch to turn it on and off, and a red and black Banana socket to plug in the leads. You would also need a 9V battery clip with attached leads. 

Alex

I didn't think that it would all fit in the small Jiffy box that I had already, :$and needed to file away some of the internal ridges to make the 9V battery fit.

If you need to measure -VE voltages you will need to reverse the leads, as otherwise it shows all Zeroes.

However , almost all of the PSUs you guys will need to measure are with -VE to earth.

Click on the image twice for a close up image.

The camera flash has whited out the display a little.

IMG_0417.JPG

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

Since I've added two LT3045's between LPS-1 and ultraRendu sometimes my system stops working. Not when playing. But when after a pause I select another album it won't start. In bubbleupnp the timer starts blinking. I have to restart both ultraRendu and dac to get it working again. Anyone recognizes this? 

17 minutes ago, jaaptina said:

Since I've added two LT3045's between LPS-1 and ultraRendu sometimes my system stops working. Not when playing. But when after a pause I select another album it won't start. In bubbleupnp the timer starts blinking. I have to restart both ultraRendu and dac to get it working again. Anyone recognizes this? 

Maybe voltage is too low, so it draws most power when buffering a new song or album. What voltages are you using for the LT3045s?

22 minutes ago, jaaptina said:

Sounds more like a wifi issue to me. Make sure to set a static ip on the control point. BubbleServer/BubbleUPnP could be a bit picky if you have both 2.4G and 5G networks available which would give similar issues resolved by a re-boot of the tablet IME. Ground issues ir USB cable issues coukd give similar problems.

🎛️  Audio System  

3 hours ago, mozes said:

Maybe voltage is too low, so it draws most power when buffering a new song or album. What voltages are you using for the LT3045s?

Seems like a possible explanation.

If you have access to a DVM you should be able to verify this.

1 hour ago, agladstone said:

Keep us posted! They look cool!! 

Sure I will! ? I expect them to arrive mid of this week and will try them out as soon as I get the chance to do so. Hopefully during the weekend. A lot of other things will come as a chain reaction from changing out the 3A to 5A powering my Brooklyn DAC, but I will try to keep calm and just trial the 5A against 3A at first before moving on to the other bunch (LPS-1.2, main router, Aqvox switch, BluWave USB to Spdif board & DC Y-split). I am also awaiting some additional LT3045 boards from Alexey to pull all the trials off.

🎛️  Audio System  

10 hours ago, mozes said:

LPS-1 is 7,5V so I chose 7, 1V and 6,0V. Could be the first step is to small. But the problem occurs since adding the 6,0V LT3045. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give it a try. 

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Sure I will! ? I expect them to arrive mid of this week and will try them out as soon as I get the chance to do so. Hopefully during the weekend. A lot of other things will come as a chain reaction from changing out the 3A to 5A powering my Brooklyn DAC, but I will try to keep calm and just trial the 5A against 3A at first before moving on to the other bunch (LPS-1.2, main router, Aqvox switch, BluWave USB to Spdif board & DC Y-split). I am also awaiting some additional LT3045 boards from Alexey to pull all the trials off.

Are the 5A LT3045 boards going to act as a stand alone power supply for the Brooklyn it is it just a step down regulator? I wonder if they would improve the sound of my Vinni Rossi Min DC4Ever ? The LPS 1.2 is a great device! I have it Y split DC out to the Iso-Regen ->  IFI iUSB 3.0 USB chain going into my Brooklyn and it sounds fantastic all by itself , you may not need to add any LT3045 after it (it already has two in it). 

52 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Are the 5A LT3045 boards going to act as a stand alone power supply for the Brooklyn it is it just a step down regulator? I wonder if they would improve the sound of my Vinni Rossi Min DC4Ever ? The LPS 1.2 is a great device! I have it Y split DC out to the Iso-Regen ->  IFI iUSB 3.0 USB chain going into my Brooklyn and it sounds fantastic all by itself , you may not need to add any LT3045 after it (it already has two in it). 

My three coming Stammheim 5A LT3045 have all rectifiers so it is actually both AC-DC and DC-DC. My plan is to use two of them in series powered by Gophert csp-3205II in the same way as my current Stammheim 3A LT3045s.

Later I will use my two 3A LT3045 to see how they improve with one between Gophert and LPS-1.2 plus one post LPS-1.2. I will also try them in series if or where they improve upon LPS-1.2 on its own.

With the DC Y-split the plan is to use Alexeys LT3045 boards as well. LPS-1.2 plus Stammheim 3A LT3045 at the PSU leg and one on each of the legs connected to the powered devices (BluWave plus Aqvox switch). It will still be a series LT3045 but I hope to see that a Y-split will improve by using LT3045s on each of the three legs. Let´s see if that holds true or not! :) 

In the long run my plan is to use all of the Stammheim boards AC-DC with a balanced and floating torodial transformer solution.

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, jaaptina said:

LPS-1 is 7,5V so I chose 7, 1V and 6,0V. Could be the first step is to small. But the problem occurs since adding the 6,0V LT3045. 

The LPS-1 outputs 7V only. I would remove the 7.1V board.

4 hours ago, jaaptina said:

Lps-1 output is 7 not 7.5 volts. A vdrop of zero is too small. Try removing the 7 volt lt3045 board.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

4 hours ago, lmitche said:

Lps-1 output is 7 not 7.5 volts. A vdrop of zero is too small. Try removing the 7 volt lt3045 board.

Auch, classic mistake. I was so sure I could place two LT3045's in between LPS-1 and ultraRendu I presumed LPS-1 was 7,5V and never checked. 

8 hours ago, Cornan said:

Three georgious looking 5A LT3045 boards just passed my door step! ?

4DAF2354-17EA-49F4-B08F-A63D11D670FE.thumb.jpeg.4dcf7c0dcee72d5bae270b9e754d83c6.jpeg

A pity I have’nt got time to start with them until the weekend. Love at first sight though! ?

Wow, Cornan are you a professional photographer? How about a picture of the bottom?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

4 hours ago, lmitche said:

Wow, Cornan are you a professional photographer? How about a picture of the bottom?

*LOL* Yeah, I am a professional iPhone kitchen table shooter now! ? It helps having three boards! ?

Here is my iPhone 6AM living room shots. Good enough for Pinterest? ?

DAE02192-E043-4B20-8FD3-6FA27A9730AA.thumb.jpeg.d8dcd2276a6015d29962d7dc67a040ca.jpeg747D5D55-0291-4FB0-A35E-66AEAB23A124.thumb.jpeg.79b2083fca9b869365178f6bada23c1a.jpeg

🎛️  Audio System  

17 hours ago, Cornan said:

Three georgious looking 5A LT3045 boards just passed my door step! ?

4DAF2354-17EA-49F4-B08F-A63D11D670FE.thumb.jpeg.4dcf7c0dcee72d5bae270b9e754d83c6.jpeg

A pity I have’nt got time to start with them until the weekend. Love at first sight though! ?

Nice! Looking forward to reports on how they perform Micael 

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers.