IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

My point about the banner ads is that the "objectivists" often weren't compatible with them.

Example:

Q) Is a DAC that costs as much as a car worth the money?

The "subjectivist" response would typically be something along the lines of, "OMG, have you **listened** to one?"

The "objectivist" response would typically be something along the lines of, "No way.  And the manufacturer certainly hasn't proved that it is".

Which response is more compatible with the banner ads?

Defining worth is not an objective pursuit. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, Iving said:

The banners/ads had nothing to do with it.

"Science" (most of which was ostensible) - even objectivity - had nothing to do with it.

The problem was antisocial behaviour - stifling free participation for all.

It was antisocial behaviour that got marginalised by Chris - in the end.

Nothing would have been marginalised but for antisocial behaviour.

YES!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Value is objective.  "How much will you pay me for this DAC that I bought?  I spent as much as a car!"

vs.

"I wouldn't part with this amazing DAC for all the money in the world".  <-- worth, not value.

Saying something is a value is different from the value of that thing. We could go around all day  on this one.

mQa was perceived as valuable to original investors. 

21 minutes ago, Norton said:

Was anyone banned? I thought they just flounced out?

A couple were probably banned. I know one guy intentionally tried to hurt the site with some posts, so I had to ban him. This is different from those who just couldn't stop from being antisocial. Most, either left or asked for their accounts to be removed, or similar. 

9 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

And at the end of the day, it is the conflict between consumerist psychology and the questioning of the Audiophilia Status Quo that ultimately forced your hand to corral the people who might have made others question their consumerist motivations into their own segregated sub-forum.

No. 

10 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

We certainly don't want people questioning whether a DAC that costs as much as a car is really worth the money, right?

We, meaning you? 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I’d say mQa is on its last legs. Its presence at the show was nearly meaningless. The company had a meeting room to discuss licensing with manufacturers. I was told by a manufacturer they needed to check the mQa box for some reason. They hated the technology. I armed her/him with some data going into the discussion by telling her/him some manufacturers paid absolutely nothing for mQa while others paid around $5. 

• 2 weeks later...