IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

7 hours ago, firedog said:

I also think that as a hi-fi company, they won't be able to convince their competitors to work with them and give them proprietary info about their products. 

I even assume some companies will now take MQA OUT of their products for just this reason.

That's a good point and originally I was thinking about that the other way around, i.e. would Lenbrook wish to continue licensing MQA to other CE manufacturers who are effectively their competitors? Upon further refection it's probably a bigger concern for those current CE manufacturer MQA license holders that they are now going to be handing their product details to a direct competitor. I suspect many will not want to do that unless Lenbrook relaxes that requirement. 

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

2 hours ago, Currawong said:

.........However, TIDAL is a bit player in the music industry......

That is clever. 

Wait- was that supposed to be a play on words? 🤔

Roon/Squeeze>Cisco2960>EtherRegen>SOTM DCBL Cat7>Antipodes K50>Jorma AES>WeissDAC501>Acoustic Zen Silver ref II>Marchand XM44>Acoustic Zen Absolute>Apollon NCx500 / Acoustic Zen Matrix II>VTV NC500>modified Magnepan 3.6R: Audioquest Hurricane & Zavfino Silver Dart power cords, Solid tech reference rack of silence with feet of silence, PSM156 power conditioner/ultimate PC, Plixir BDC power supply, Audio Sensibility DC, Gaia II, Primacoustics absorption and DIY diffuser room treatments

6 hours ago, Fx Studio said:

"We are excited to have the opportunity to clarify the narrative and build on the technology in ways that can better demonstrate [MQA's] true value"

So far they've clarified nothing, and spewed the very same time smear correction BS and advanced sampling theory based on neuroscience garbage as usual, just like you do.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

22 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Does this sound system contain copious amounts of mind altering drugs? Wondering for a friend.

Actually now that you mention it, Fx forgot to stipulate that smoking ayahuasca to the point of hallucination is another prerequisite, along with the PA ribbons and light show.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook