IGNORED

Amazing Music of the World.

Incredible!  Thanks for sharing!  

Just spent the last half hour listening to the other Wynton Marsalis / Sachal Jazz Ensemble performances.

The flow of the flute and sitar has given thought to the idea that Brubeck's Take 5 was possibly inspired during a visit to the East.  A book called "Bombay Jazz" (that was later made into a musical) also made a hint at this.  

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

19 hours ago, Nikhil said:

Incredible!  Thanks for sharing!  

Just spent the last half hour listening to the other Wynton Marsalis / Sachal Jazz Ensemble performances.

The flow of the flute and sitar has given thought to the idea that Brubeck's Take 5 was possibly inspired during a visit to the East.  A book called "Bombay Jazz" (that was later made into a musical) also made a hint at this.  

I've also managed to check out Sachal JA's album. Unfortunately it's disappointing. 

On 10/27/2019 at 2:42 PM, sphinxsix said:

I've also managed to check out Sachal JA's album. Unfortunately it's disappointing. 

I was listening to the sessions from Marciac 2013 and the subsequent Lincoln Center concert.

Marciac was very raw as they were probably just playing off the cuff.  Not all musicians were in sync.

The Lincoln Center performances were a little more polished but you can see some musicians a little off. 

Two extremely different genres of music.  

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...