IGNORED

Amazing Music of the World.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:49 AM, sphinxsix said:

Wow! Even I in my good old days didn't drive like that! x-D

Actually, the passing situation for the GT-R doesn't look that all daunting at the beginning. Probably the jump in the air upset the car's balance and spooked the driver. Checking the place in Google Street View, there seems to be possibility of bringing things back in control by keeping to the left shoulder, then get back on the right side once the center divide is done. From the video, looks like the car was allowed to cross to the right then jump into the field on north side of Ballenger Creek Pike. Ouch :(

On 4/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, sphinxsix said:

If these aren't $150k, 600hp rikshas, I'm impressed x-D

GT-Rs are all over the place around here in the summer. They're all gone in the winter and hasn't come back this time yet. How does one tell a Nismo from a regular GT-R at a glance from the outside by the way?

19 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

[...] No need for fancy outline, just pure function, raw and direct.

No fancy outline, pure function, raw and direct like this right?

DSC_4823.jpg?format=1500w

1 hour ago, accwai said:

Luggage can stay on wife's knees: 

I'm afraid that even without forcing your wife to carry luggage on her knees the WAF for AA might be, in general, pretty low.

1 hour ago, accwai said:

Actually driving in snow is good learning experience, especially with ABS and traction control turned off.

I agree with you in 100%. Actually, I never bought winter tires in my entire life. Asked about it I always reply that I like snow drift. And it is true (but only up to a certain point :)). Yes, driving in snow can a very good driving lesson!

10 hours ago, accwai said:

😈 Initial D Stage 1 episode 22 towards the end, setting up for Takumi vs Kenta Nakamura in the rain in episode 23: 

Unfortunately 'this video is not available'..

How about some music.? Antonio Sanchez (drums) and Pat Metheny (all other instruments) perform John Zorn's compositions on Book of Angels vol.20 - 'Tap'.

Emil Viklicky is a Czech jazz pianist and composer. Since 1994 he has worked with the Ad lib Moravia ensemble, whose performances combine elements of Moravian folk music, modern jazz and contemporary serious music. Emil has become noted for his unique synthesis of the melodicism and tonalities of Moravian folk song with modern jazz. As English critic Euan Dixon wrote in 2005, "Emil Viklicky is one of those European jazz pianists who successfully incorporated elements of his indigenous folk culture into jazz". As a composer Viklicky has attracted attention abroad primarily for having created a synthesis of the expressive elements of modern jazz with the melodicism and tonalities of Moravian folk song, which is distinctly individual in contemporary jazz. Besides this, however, he also composes "straight-ahead" modern jazz as well as chamber and orchestral works that utilize certain elements of the New Music, and at times his music requires a combination of classical and jazz performers.

Emil Viklicky and Miroslav Vitous live in Olomouc.

Their IMO superb concert in Brno.

image.png.fbb4c30614b164b31cb5337ab5bb4a5a.png

An interesting cooperation with Mraz and others.

image.png.8f682d605771c6157a339347df7a8df2.png

Also recordings of his trio are IMO worth checking out, e.g.

image.png.357b9a7aec74d4310579962e764e598f.pngimage.png.457406eb1ff6b4a1f5eac507d73e7ed8.png

47 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Prepare for animal sounds.

Since the topic is 'animal sounds'.. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMbxQZPWsg0

(the link could not be embedded)

Looking at this video I come to the conclusion that the clothes I wear are really bland.. :D

Maybe I also need some make up.. :D

Two pieces by the no 1 folk metal band according to the above video.

Does the female vocalist sing both high notes and growl..? O.o

Observing the 'Music in General' forum I slowly come to the conclusion that maybe it's high time for 'Animal Music' subforum here x-D

BTW Masha Scream from Arkona band indeed not only screams but also growls.

As for me - respect! IMO her 'low end' sounds even better than Nina Hagen's! x-D