IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

On 4/24/2019 at 4:41 PM, chetthejet said:

Interesting additional info:  I can type the IP address of the uRendu into my browser and it brings up the uRendu's web page with full functionality.  So, the only page that's not displaying the uRendu is the sonicorbiter.com page.  I've tried multiple browsers, etc. and the uRendu will just not come up on the sonicorbiter page.

I know this is an old post but I installed my SSR signature rendu yesterday and I'm having a similar problem. Basically sonicorbiter.com cannot see it. After finding its local ip and accessing to via a browser I can only get a page that displays identity ie: "High Resolution Audio Streaming Device". with an option to upgrade from firmware V1.45 but I doubt that is referring to the Sonicorbiter version, is it?

Using an ssh app to try to shell in and check for the OS and version It prompts for a username and none of my guesses work lol. So I'm dead in the water here. Fortunately I'm hooked to it directly from the router and spdif out to a spare DAC with a headphone output just to set it up for Tidal/qobuz before I set it into the rig (big big hassle). 

Sure would appreciate any and all help or ideas!

rendu.jpg

6 hours ago, stray_cat said:

I know this is an old post but I installed my SSR signature rendu yesterday and I'm having a similar problem. Basically sonicorbiter.com cannot see it. After finding its local ip and accessing to via a browser I can only get a page that displays identity ie: "High Resolution Audio Streaming Device". with an option to upgrade from firmware V1.45 but I doubt that is referring to the Sonicorbiter version, is it?

Using an ssh app to try to shell in and check for the OS and version It prompts for a username and none of my guesses work lol. So I'm dead in the water here. Fortunately I'm hooked to it directly from the router and spdif out to a spare DAC with a headphone output just to set it up for Tidal/qobuz before I set it into the rig (big big hassle). 

Sure would appreciate any and all help or ideas!

rendu.jpg

Sorry for any confusion, it looks like you have the original Sonore Signature Rendu, and not a current model of Sonore Renderer (microRendu, ultraRendu, opticalRendu, or Signature Rendu SE/Signature Rendu SEoptical).  The original Signature Rendu (with SPDIF and I2S output, not USB) does not use the Sonic Orbiter operating system and cannot be accessed via the Sonic Orbiter web page.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Uh oh, Thank you barrows for the clarification, saving me a lot of time barking up the wrong tree lol. The SSR was exactly what I wanted due to its highly touted spdif output if combined with my active acoustic revive DSIX spdif cable which transformed my rig running it from my lowly node2 into the mojo mystique v3 dac 6 months ago, I had high expectations for the new chain that had the SSR as a source.

Re: Sonicorbiter.com I was going by vortecjr's reply to my thread titled:

Sonore Signature Rendu for Qobuz/Tidal only?

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=168970.msg1791127#msg1791127

with a link to what I needed to do.

What could you recommend to stream Tidal and Qobuz where all my music comes from through this SSR? A micro or ultra rendu connected to the network? Something with an OS on a small SSD? Would a windows 7 laptop on the network running Tidal and Qobuz do it and would it be worthy in terms of SQ or would that likely negate gains from the SSR? All my research indicates this is a great streamer and I'd love to use it somehow. Thanks again in advance.

22 minutes ago, stray_cat said:

Uh oh, Thank you barrows for the clarification, saving me a lot of time barking up the wrong tree lol. The SSR was exactly what I wanted due to its highly touted spdif output if combined with my active acoustic revive DSIX spdif cable which transformed my rig running it from my lowly node2 into the mojo mystique v3 dac 6 months ago, I had high expectations for the new chain that had the SSR as a source.

Re: Sonicorbiter.com I was going by vortecjr's reply to my thread titled:

Sonore Signature Rendu for Qobuz/Tidal only?

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=168970.msg1791127#msg1791127

with a link to what I needed to do.

What could you recommend to stream Tidal and Qobuz where all my music comes from through this SSR? A micro or ultra rendu connected to the network? Something with an OS on a small SSD? Would a windows 7 laptop on the network running Tidal and Qobuz do it and would it be worthy in terms of SQ or would that likely negate gains from the SSR? All my research indicates this is a great streamer and I'd love to use it somehow. Thanks again in advance.

I am no expert on using Tidal or Qobuz as here i only play locally stored files.  I suspect @vortecjr, will have to be consulted to advise you as to the options for streaming to the SSR from Tidal and Qobuz.  

I do know of one way to do it, which would be to have a computer on your network running Audirvana playback software and accessing your Tidal and Qobuz accounts through Audirvana, there are likely other ways as well, which Jesus should be able to help with.  The SSR is compatible with Audirvana.

Indeed the SSR is a wonderful unit!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Ha! Thanks for such a quick response! This might be a simple solution if this works. I downloaded Kazoo, Lumin and both see nothing. Bubbleupnp is displaying a renderer with the last 2 ip digits the SSR is assigned ".74" to stream using the cloud as if it were local I'm thinking. I've read before that Kazoo (or one of the phone apps) supposedly can access Tidal & Qobuz as if it were on a local NAS. I'm so excited but won't try it tonight as my better half has the rig commandeered lol. But there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll just savor the possibility tonight that bubbleupnp is all I need. I'll update as soon possible. Thanks again Barrows!

cloud.jpg

SSR.jpg

14 hours ago, stray_cat said:

It *was* Kazoo recommended ages ago. Apps might be better now. Thanks also to Jesus if this is all I need, his link recommended bubbleupnp as preferred. Will buy if it works.

audioshark.jpg

It's been years since I used Kazoo, but I think you might need to take an extra step.  If I remember how Kazoo worked, it required your dlna renderer app to have an Open Home alias before it could see the renderer.  To create that Open Home alias, I used the free app Bubble UPnP Server on my NAS.  Then, after opening that Server app, it only took two clicks to create the Open Home version of the renderer.  

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

I sure appreciate the heads up Mike, I won't give up on it & will play around with it once I get the SSR working with Bubbleupnp. I vaguely remember reading Steve (audioengr on various fora) of Empirical Audio commenting that either Kazoo or Kinsky had the best SQ on his ethernet renderer gear. Seems like he's compared many apps for SQ. Linn must be using some secret sauce in their apps lol.

1 hour ago, stray_cat said:

I sure appreciate the heads up Mike, I won't give up on it & will play around with it once I get the SSR working with Bubbleupnp. I vaguely remember reading Steve (audioengr on various fora) of Empirical Audio commenting that either Kazoo or Kinsky had the best SQ on his ethernet renderer gear. Seems like he's compared many apps for SQ. Linn must be using some secret sauce in their apps lol.

First we need to ignore what Steve N says in regards to the above. We are friends and I like Steve a lot. However, there is no basis in a factual world for a controller having better SQ with DLNA/UPNP. This is because the Rendu is the Renderer and the controller just tells the Rendu where the file is and forwards stop/pause/play commands. Period end of story. 

For Tidal/Qobuz on this device you need to run BubbleUPNP Server which virtually makes the Rendu an OpenHome device. Then these controllers you are trying will allow support of the streaming services. 

Also there is a way to use these streaming services in combination with Roon. This requires a piece of hardware we can sell you to make it all work. 

On 5/5/2020 at 5:29 PM, vortecjr said:

For Tidal/Qobuz on this device you need to run BubbleUPNP Server which virtually makes the Rendu an OpenHome device. Then these controllers you are trying will allow support of the streaming services.

Finally found the time to test this setup in parallel with the rig through some cans and BubbleUPNP plays both Tidal & Qobuz. I'll install server later and play around with other control apps to find the best interface but for now I'm ecstatic. Can't wait to get it in the main rig and compare those remotes lol. Thanks for the help all!

Hi,

I have the UltraRendu. 

My setup:

wireless to AirportExpress > ethernet cable > Melco N1/A2 (network audio server) > ethernet cable > EtherRegen > ethernet cable > UR

As a background matter, the above setup had been working fine with the prior UR software installed.

Recently, I started having issues.  Going to sonicorbiter my UR showed up, I clicked on "manage" in order to use the App Switcher, but the next web page would never show up and eventually would time out.  Eventually, sonicorbiter would not even detect my UR.

I then ordered the 2.8 SD card to see if that would solve things.  After inserting the 2.8 SD card, my UR is now detected, which is progress.  However, when I click on "manage", the next web page never shows up and it eventually times out.

The LED light on the UR is green, and the LED light on the LPS 1.2 powering it is also green.

Any ideas?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Does typing the UR’s IP address in your browser allow you to access the management page?

This has worked for me whenever my OR disappears from the Network Players list on the Sonicorbiter homepage. It’s not a fix, but is a usable workaround.

18 minutes ago, BlueDL said:

Does typing the UR’s IP address in your browser allow you to access the management page?

Unfortunately, I just tried that and it didn't work.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Thinking about it, it probably wouldn’t - given that it seems to be blocking display of the page (after a time out). A silly suggestion I guess!

I know how frustrating it can be, and in the past, I’ve found only a full system shutdown and reboot (power supply feed) has solved it. But it’s only ever been occasional.

17 minutes ago, BlueDL said:

Thinking about it, it probably wouldn’t - given that it seems to be blocking display of the page (after a time out). A silly suggestion I guess!

I know how frustrating it can be, and in the past, I’ve found only a full system shutdown and reboot (power supply feed) has solved it. But it’s only ever been occasional.

Oh, no worries at all and thanks for trying to help.  I am sure Jesus or Barrows will be able to resolve this issue.

2 hours ago, Blake said:

Hi,

I have the UltraRendu. 

My setup:

wireless to AirportExpress > ethernet cable > Melco N1/A2 (network audio server) > ethernet cable > EtherRegen > ethernet cable > UR

As a background matter, the above setup had been working fine with the prior UR software installed.

Recently, I started having issues.  Going to sonicorbiter my UR showed up, I clicked on "manage" in order to use the App Switcher, but the next web page would never show up and eventually would time out.  Eventually, sonicorbiter would not even detect my UR.

I then ordered the 2.8 SD card to see if that would solve things.  After inserting the 2.8 SD card, my UR is now detected, which is progress.  However, when I click on "manage", the next web page never shows up and it eventually times out.

The LED light on the UR is green, and the LED light on the LPS 1.2 powering it is also green.

Any ideas?

The status LED is a boot sequence indicator only. When this happens again pull the ethernet cable and connect it again and see if you are then able to manage it from sonicorbiter.com. 

20 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

The status LED is a boot sequence indicator only. When this happens again pull the ethernet cable and connect it again and see if you are then able to manage it from sonicorbiter.com. 

I just tried unplugging and re-plugging the ethernet cable.  I'm still not able to manage UR from sonicorbiter.  I also tried powering the UR on and off.

17 hours ago, Blake said:

I just tried unplugging and re-plugging the ethernet cable.  I'm still not able to manage UR from sonicorbiter.  I also tried powering the UR on and off.

Try this in order:

1. Unplug the USB device. 

2. Power down the unit and wait 20 minutes.

3. Power up the unit without the USB device connected using the LPS-1's charger only.

4. Wait for green status LED and try to manage it.

5. Do nothing else and let me know.   

14 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Try this in order:

1. Unplug the USB device. 

2. Power down the unit and wait 20 minutes.

3. Power up the unit without the USB device connected using the LPS-1's charger only.

4. Wait for green status LED and try to manage it.

5. Do nothing else and let me know.   

I did all of the above, however, the LED light has not yet turned to green.  It has been about 30 minutes since I powered the UR on with the LPS charger, but the color of the LED is not changing.

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Hi Blake ,

I might be late to the party.....What are you using to display the Sonicorbiter GUI? Maybe try rebooting it and clearing the cache. Maybe eliminating things in the chain might reveal something.

It’s frustrating when these things happen.

I hope you figure it out soon.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am using a MacBook Pro.  I re-booted the Mac, but still no luck.  The LED on the UR still hasn't turned to green.