IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

On 2/29/2020 at 10:17 AM, JUN tyann said:

Hey audio crazy's enthusiasm's.

Every Discussion ware finished.

Now Usb-Audio ware history.

I wish to sonore product's adapt to Diretta.

At once unbelievable performance sound you can hear easily.

Diretta work by IPV6 network transmission.

In Japan,  Sony started high resolution streaming service named sony qualities.

https://mora-qualitas.com

Sony qualities  adapte to Diretta.

Only installing Diretta software(free) and Sony qualities player to Windows PC and Using LAN Diretta adapts network player.

That's all to change you audio life.

End of Usb-Audio.

End of using high cost downloading high resolution files.

End of CD player.

Let's go to new era.

I read your information but I couldn't find any plus difference over the UltraRendu solution.

And, if my internet connexion is broken...  I get no music....  thats it?

2 hours ago, EduZ said:

I tried to update my uRendu for twice, from 2.7 to 2.8, in both showed me succes, but it come back keeping on 2.7 after reboot.
Some tips to fix it?

Thanks

You can only update to 2.8 via ordering a physical SD card from Sonore.  Because it involves a larger o/s change, there is no web update from 2.7 to 2.8.

19 minutes ago, chetthejet said:

You can only update to 2.8 via ordering a physical SD card from Sonore.  Because it involves a larger o/s change, there is no web update from 2.7 to 2.8.

You certainly get that impression from the update page.  Along with happy update messages.   And in the apps section, includes the USB CD drive option which is a 2.8 feature.  It would seem that it is the notification section that is not properly reporting the change.   :)

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.49.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 1.04.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.51.28 PM.png

1 hour ago, E-Stat said:

You certainly get that impression from the update page.  Along with happy update messages.   And in the apps section, includes the USB CD drive option which is a 2.8 feature.  It would seem that it is the notification section that is not properly reporting the change.   :)

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.49.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 1.04.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.51.28 PM.png

Well, I understand the bit of confusion.  The way to interpret the top message is that you're currently running 2.7 and there is a 2.8 (the "latest") version available. Agreed that an additional bit of information/clarification on just how to get that update would be nice for those who don't follow the sonicorbiter thread (this is where the o/s upgrade announcements typically are seen) closely.

As far as the progress messages that follow the start of the upgrade process, all they're telling you is that your version (2.7 in this case)  is current and no updates ("nothing to do") to your current version are available.

It's a bit like learning a new language with a relatively small vocabulary to it.  Once you've worked with it a while, it makes more sense.

1 hour ago, chetthejet said:

As far as the progress messages that follow the start of the upgrade process, all they're telling you is that your version (2.7 in this case)  is current and no updates ("nothing to do") to your current version are available.

I ran the update a second time to illustrate the ability to run an update.  Those particular messages were captured on the subsequent run after the initial update had been completed.  Yet another confusing aspect.  :)

Is it just me or did the USB drive option exist in 2.7?

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/blogs/news/announcing-the-release-of-sonicorbiter-version-2-8

3 hours ago, E-Stat said:

I ran the update a second time to illustrate the ability to run an update.  Those particular messages were captured on the subsequent run after the initial update had been completed.  Yet another confusing aspect.  :)

Is it just me or did the USB drive option exist in 2.7?

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/blogs/news/announcing-the-release-of-sonicorbiter-version-2-8

You can always run the update function even if there are no updates available, at that time, to whatever existing o/s version you're running.  I usually run the update function once every week or 10 days.  Sometimes there are things that get updated, other times not.  If there are no updates in the queue, I get the exact readout that you posted.

As to the USB drive option question, I'm afraid Jesus or Andrew will have to answer that one as I don't remember.  

1 minute ago, chetthejet said:

You can always run the update function even if there are no updates available, at that time, to whatever existing o/s version you're running.  I usually run the update function once every week or 10 days.  Sometimes there are things that get updated, other times not.  If there are no updates in the queue, I get the exact readout that you posted.

As to the USB drive option question, I'm afraid Jesus or Andrew will have to answer that one as I don't remember.  

The USB Drive Mount has been around for a long time. 

7 hours ago, EduZ said:

I know that!    My question was another. 

If your question is "Why is there an option to update 2.7 to 2.8 and it does not work?" then you answer is "Because it is an user interface bug. It should not give the option to update if it is not available."

Does that answer?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

3 hours ago, Kevin Nguyen said:

Finally got my microSD today, took exactly one month to reach to the pointy end 

Great news. As predicted, once it’s in Sydney it’s not too bad.

It’s the Jamaica (NY) to Sydney that takes the most time, as I expected.

15 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

Mine has arrived in Sydney on 16/4, but still have not received it (28/4) ....

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

20 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

Mine began journey April 3 ... arrived Jamaica NY April 10 ... still sitting there ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

1 hour ago, asdf1000 said:

I'm waiting too. Not a big drama though sonicO 2.7 is running smoothly and stable-y.

Going forward though, @vortecjr needs to consider some download option.

He can't be worried about people copying the OS and sharing it because that could already happen even with the SD cards..

Keep the SD card option for those that don't know how to burn an image to SD card but give a download option for those that are comfortable.

I agree exactly

42 minutes ago, esmit said:

But leads to duplicate serial numbers so can be traced to the original purchaser.

The OS (not the SD card itself) has a serial number?

If so, then the same will apply for the download option... so again, no difference in that particular risk to Sonore...

Team, this is not a DIY project. We need/want consistency across the products in the field. A download option is ten times more work for us. Variances in the cards makes for variables we can’t replicate during support. In most cases additional hardware is needed to burn the images. People will use the wrong images. Instructions are needed for different replicators across various platforms. I can go on and on and on. 

Let’s remember that we are in the middle of a global pandemic so shipments may be slower than usual especially to far away places. If you have an extraordinary circumstance consult SGC who is handling the shipments. If you want things in a hurry consider DHL. If you are in Asia, Europe, UK, etc consider our dealers near you.