IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

7 hours ago, odelay said:

I am only getting static/white noise when I play through Sonicorbiter 2.8 using Squeezelite.

This has been tested when uRendu is wired to Asus Router. I can access the GUI fine. I have disabling DSD/DOP, but that doesn’t help. 

I use a Burson Conductor V2+ with an XMOS USB board. It all worked fine with 2.6 and 2.7. 

I have tried rebooting the uRendu and DAC. All appears fine through the Sonicorbiter interface, iPeng and Daphile’s interface. Tracks play... but only static comes through (stops as soon as I pause playback). 

Any ideas?

Post the complete output of Apps / DAC Diagnostics

On 5/20/2020 at 8:23 PM, Donivey said:

When this has happened to me, using Roon rather than Squeezlite, I've reset the bitrate in Roon settings to match the max bitrate the DAC will process.  If Squeezlite allows this sort of adjustment, you might check it out.

Thanks Donivey - I have just had another go tonight, but can’t access the GUI .. that was at least possible when I tried a few days ago.. the

Daphile/LMS server recognises the Squeezelite player on the uRendu, but it’s only playing static. I saw a post on another thread where Jesus warned someone about a possible ‘static’ issue if they reduced the latency (delay) too much. But not at all sure that he was referring to the white noise static I’m getting. So will check that... if I ever get the uRendu connected to the network again (resenting the router didn’t seem to help, sadly)

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

15 hours ago, odelay said:

Thanks Donivey - I have just had another go tonight, but can’t access the GUI .. that was at least possible when I tried a few days ago.. the

Daphile/LMS server recognises the Squeezelite player on the uRendu, but it’s only playing static. I saw a post on another thread where Jesus warned someone about a possible ‘static’ issue if they reduced the latency (delay) too much. But not at all sure that he was referring to the white noise static I’m getting. So will check that... if I ever get the uRendu connected to the network again (resenting the router didn’t seem to help, sadly)

We need to get you back on the GUI or you can get us information we need. Connect the Rendu and the computer with the browser directly to the router and retest.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:29 PM, vortecjr said:

We need to get you back on the GUI or you can get us information we need. Connect the Rendu and the computer with the browser directly to the router and retest.

Apologies for my late reply (not seeing notifications it seems - sorry). 

All good now - 2.8 is working well. 

Really clueless as to the problem.. after several reboots... it just worked. I did get another static episode, but since it rebooted, it’s worked flawlessly (touch wood..)

I am thrilled that I am now able to use my USB cable with the V+ pin taped over. So now my DAC powers the XMOS USB board - without having to reboot the uRendu. As the uRendu is connected directly to my mini PC, I wasn’t able to access the GUI... and given the terrible design (my own!) of the cabinet, I would have rebooted by cutting power... not ideal...). I had been trying to get 2.8 using a USB cable without any pins taped - and connected direct to the router. 

I wasn’t able to use the taped USB cable using Squeezelite on 2.7. But had been using it happily while running MPD when I used Audirvana. 

Thanks to Andrew for helping me out once the card got lost in transit (never seemed to leave the US). 

Enjoying the music now - thanks Andrew and Jesus 😊

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

15 hours ago, further said:

Sonicorbiter.com does not show my Sonictransporter CDR but my ST is web accessible when I input my IP Address for it.   I do have Norton VPN operating.  Is this the reason I do not see my ST on MySonicorbiter--sonicorbiter.com?

More likely than not yes...drop the VPN. 

That's so weird. I've never had trouble finding my rendus with Norton VPN enabled.  Then again, I haven't had significant network issues with the rendus since assigning them reserved IP addresses. I highly recommend doing that. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

1 hour ago, Mike Rubin said:

That's so weird. I've never had trouble finding my rendus with Norton VPN enabled.  Then again, I haven't had significant network issues with the rendus since assigning them reserved IP addresses. I highly recommend doing that. 

Yes...not a bad idea for some. 

12 hours ago, R1200CL said:

@agillis 

Why do i have these problems ?

—————————————————————————
Upgrade in progress...

Please contact Andrew via email. Also, you have had a lot of issues with SD cards. We may need you to send in your bad cards in so we can see what is going on. 

@agillis @vortecjr whenever possible could you please update MPD to the latest 0.21.24 version? It has been a while.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Also my JRiver is not finding my ultraRendu anymore. Was working fine 2 days ago. Running the latest versions of both. I can enter the Sonicorbiter page normally, DAC diagnostics is listed OK. Tried restarting MPD, clearing cache, running update, rebooting. JRiver sees my AVR on but not the ultraRendu. I tried shutting off both, reverting JRiver version, nothing.

Any ideas?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

I tested a microRendu this morning with JRiver 26 latest release and it works fine in MPD/DLNA mode. I don't use this regularly since I prefer Roon but I did see in the settings for MPD that there is a check box for compatibility with JRiver. Once I checked that and switched the app from Roon to MPD, it popped right up in JRiver Playing Now list.

Got it. When I disabled "Direct DSD support on my DAC" it showed up on JRiver MC. Go figure. Thanks anyway.

Software update available

1. Adds native DSD support for additional devices

Ayre devices
Nagra devices
exD devices

Bricasti devices

Fiio devices

2. Updates upmpdcli

Go to Apps / Software Manager and press update. If you get any errors...wait for the Back to Main menu link to appear at the bottom of the update page and then reboot your unit. When the unit comes up again go to Apps / Software Manager and press update again.

My Microrendu stubbornly refuses to update to 2.8, it says it has done it and after a reboot its still showing as version 2.7, yet if I run the update again it says "nothing to do"

How do I resolve this without paying out for a new 2.8 version  card? 

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’ll let @vortecjr speak for the company as there are valid reasons why this major upgrade costs money. 

Not all upgrades have a cost to the end user. 

I am not against paying if it improves sound quality, but can't they make it easier to obtain via a download so users can put on their own SD cards? also if its a major upgrade why isn't it versioned as version 3.0?