IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

@vortecjr or @agillis

Why do I get these error messages ?

05/17/2020 07:20:49 - Updating sonicorbiter packages...
Packages for Sonicorbiter 42 kB/s | 48 kB 00:01
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Sun May 17 07:21:02 2020.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!
05/17/2020 07:21:05 - Updating process 1 of 3 complete...
05/17/2020 07:21:51 - Updating process 2 of 3 complete...
05/17/2020 07:21:51 - Updating OS packages...
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:38 ago on Sun May 17 07:21:20 2020.
Dependencies resolved.
================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================================================
Upgrading:
RoonReady armv7hl 1.1.38-1.fc30 sonicorbiter 530 k
networkaudiod armv7hl 4.1.1-1.fc30 sonicorbiter 266 k
Installing dependencies:
kernel armv7hl 5.2.17-205.sgc.fc30 sonicorbiterrendu 17 k
kernel-core armv7hl 5.2.17-205.sgc.fc30 sonicorbiterrendu 29 M
kernel-modules armv7hl 5.2.17-205.sgc.fc30 sonicorbiterrendu 20 M

Transaction Summary
Install 3 Packages
Upgrade 2 Packages

Total download size: 49 M
Downloading Packages:
(1/5): kernel-5.2.17-205.sgc.fc30.armv7hl.rpm 42 kB/s | 17 kB 00:00
(2/5): RoonReady-1.1.38-1.fc30.armv7hl.rpm 92 kB/s | 530 kB 00:05
(3/5): networkaudiod-4.1.1-1.fc30.armv7hl.rpm 75 kB/s | 266 kB 00:03
(4/5): kernel-modules-5.2.17-205.sgc.fc30.armv7 55 kB/s | 20 MB 06:01
[MIRROR] kernel-core-5.2.17-205.sgc.fc30.armv7hl.rpm: Downloading successful, but checksum doesn't match. Calculated: 83786508bcfcb260fff4e98b83bcc6db386ee6dc1c197101bf00ffbf810b3772(sha256) Expected: 8417639b8833abb03a2b4d2f346a677e7ddaeab2c9b7334dae4ed7d0760f2379(sha256)
(5/5): kernel-core-5.2.17-205.sgc.fc30.armv7hl. 28 kB/s | 29 MB 17:23
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/cache/dnf/download_lock.pid'
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
05/17/2020 07:39:23 - Error: dnf update failed. Check error messages and try to fix the problem.

I get the same error message trying to update my microRendu. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

11 hours ago, Blake said:

I did all of the above, however, the LED light has not yet turned to green.  It has been about 30 minutes since I powered the UR on with the LPS charger, but the color of the LED is not changing.

What color is it...red or orange?

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

What color is it...red or orange?

Orange

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

4 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

This means the unit is booting up.  

Problem is, it has been orange for almost 24 hours.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I have to go run an errand but I will look when I get back.  

15 hours ago, vortecjr said:

If you look in the router is it listed in the DHCP list?

I am not sure I know how to do this.  I use a MacBook Pro.  

My network setup:

Xfinity Router > ethernet cable > Apple Airport Extreme > wireless > Apple Airport Express > ethernet cable to audio system.

I use my MacBook Pro to access sonicorbiter.  I opened the Airport Utility and see: Internet (connected), my Airport Extreme and my Airport Express, all have green lights indicating they are working and connected.  Clicking on each device in the Airport Utility, I don't see any DHCP list.  Obviously I am missing something here, but I have never had to look up a DHCP list.

@vortecjr:  No need at the moment to respond to my DHCP look up question above since @Mike Rubin pm'ed me with instructions on how to do this.  I will get back to you later on your question.

Thanks for your help.

My 2.8 SD card was supposed to have shipped on Apri 21, but I still have not received it. I emailed Andrew last week, but received no response. I email Jesus but haven't heard back either. Does anyone else know if there was a problem in shipping the cards?

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

2 hours ago, Ultrarunner said:

My 2.8 SD card was supposed to have shipped on Apri 21, but I still have not received it. I emailed Andrew last week, but received no response. I email Jesus but haven't heard back either. Does anyone else know if there was a problem in shipping the cards?

I got mine in three days to Atlanta area. There have been reported problems to destinations outside the USA.

On 5/17/2020 at 1:09 PM, asdf1000 said:

Yours arrived in Sydney yet?

Well, hasn’t got to me in Vic yet.

Does USPS tracking provide the Sydney arrival info? That USPS tracking # still hasn’t moved on from the ‘processed at Jamaica NY’, April 10.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

4 hours ago, Ultrarunner said:

Sorry...not sure what happen:)

2 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

Well, hasn’t got to me in Vic yet.

Does USPS tracking provide the Sydney arrival info? That USPS tracking # still hasn’t moved on from the ‘processed at Jamaica NY’, April 10.

Yes, international arrivals generally  land in Sydney first and you’ll see that in the tracking, like a bloke shared above. It’ll show Sydney before it reaches you.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:04 PM, vortecjr said:

If you look in the router is it listed in the DHCP list?

My UltraRendu is not listed.  And the light is still orange after rebooting.  Also, my UR is no longer being detected by sonicorbiter.

16 hours ago, Blake said:

I am not sure I know how to do this.  I use a MacBook Pro.  

My network setup:

Xfinity Router > ethernet cable > Apple Airport Extreme > wireless > Apple Airport Express > ethernet cable to audio system.

I use my MacBook Pro to access sonicorbiter.  I opened the Airport Utility and see: Internet (connected), my Airport Extreme and my Airport Express, all have green lights indicating they are working and connected.  Clicking on each device in the Airport Utility, I don't see any DHCP list.  Obviously I am missing something here, but I have never had to look up a DHCP list.

Connect the Rendu directly to the router and power down the Apple AirPort Extreme. What ever you use to connect to the internet should connect wirelessly to the router during this test. 

11 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Connect the Rendu directly to the router and power down the Apple AirPort Extreme. What ever you use to connect to the internet should connect wirelessly to the router during this test. 

Ok, that worked.  My UltraRendu was detected, I clicked the "manage" button and everything seems to be working perfectly, including the App Switcher.

I am only getting static/white noise when I play through Sonicorbiter 2.8 using Squeezelite.

This has been tested when uRendu is wired to Asus Router. I can access the GUI fine. I have disabling DSD/DOP, but that doesn’t help. 

I use a Burson Conductor V2+ with an XMOS USB board. It all worked fine with 2.6 and 2.7. 

I have tried rebooting the uRendu and DAC. All appears fine through the Sonicorbiter interface, iPeng and Daphile’s interface. Tracks play... but only static comes through (stops as soon as I pause playback). 

Any ideas?

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos