IGNORED

Who are 'we' to name names ?

Pardon, I've not the same spare time as you for writing...

And if you'd like to read about « hi-fi » (by someone who's English is better than mine), I recommend trying Andrew Everard's Blog.

For example, I've been reconsidering his WHY ARE FANATICS SO FANATICAL? :

Interested to discover from this New York Times piece just how rabid camera enthusiasts can be when they feel they have been scorned – or just ill-served – by something they’ve read online.

And I thought hi-fi fanatics – and indeed anti-hi-fi fanatics were bad…

I’ve always found it completely bonkers that people can get so worked up about what is a) a hobby, b) a discretionary purchase and c) supposed to be enjoyable.

Death threats, suggestions of mental illness or incapacity, allegations of corruption or worse – these are the kind of weapons trotted out by the keyboard warriors in defence of the cause to which they attach themselves.

And when none of those work, there are always the old reliables: abuse aimed at others’ age, physical appearance, nationality or sexual preferences – whether real or supposed – all laced with the kind of ‘humour’ I thought had died out when ITV stopped showing The Comedians.

Is it the law of the playground, where the weak gain strength by lining up in the shadow of the school bruiser? Or is it just what we do these days now that almost all the pubs have become Sainsburys Locals or Tesco Expresses, and there’s nowhere to go to have a good old-fashioned fun night out of abuse and lovable prejudice?

Or maybe it’s the new age of experience by proxy: rather than going out and fighting in the streets, we play role-playing games on the screen, interact with others on the screen, and take out our fury at the injustice of it all by just hammering the keyboard just that bit harder.

Come on, these things are meant to be hobbies, meant to be pastimes, meant to be fun. And if you’re convinced everyone in your chosen hobby is wrong/stupid/corrupt, and that we are all victim to vast corporations trying to rip us off with the latest overpriced product, then why not find yourself a new enthusiasm?

Or maybe railway modelling or fishing are just as prone to the ‘my keyboard’s bigger than your keyboard’ online combat…

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

... Speakers have gotten smaller, it's amazing what good sound can come out of small speakers ...

The leading edge research and technology is going into making better speakers for cellphones, including exotic fill materials for the enclosures to increase their apparent volume. There's been a great improvement in the sound of small portable speakers too. I expect some of this technology to filter down to hi-fi.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

Precisely why transparency is what I've always favoured.

徐中銳 is my legal' date=' passport name. And as a [b']Computer Audiophile[/b] member, we naturally can name another for discussion ? But what of an anonymous Avatar delving into an identifiable real-world person's life and work ? I wanted to ask an entity I had Ignore listed that question of who are you ? But didn't want to break my own resolution to again be caught in endlessly fraught back-and-forth...

That doesn't mean anything, and it's not transparency by any stretch of the imagination.

A Google search throws up a Facebook ID with zero friends. Seriously who has zero friends on Facebook? Even I can create a new ID with someone's photograph and call it my transparency avatar. Unless you have hidden your friends for privacy reasons, is that even possible?

Just saying…

PS: A fun ride for a thread guys, I have picked up on whiskey, Bourbon and wine.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

I personally find the juxtaposition of the OP's topic and attempts to address it with a discussion of libations unsettling. Did the thread simply drift, or is this a form of intentionally ignoring the OP (a sort of "ignoring back" in response to his ignorings), or something in between? I'm not picking on anyone here, just concerned.

This is the Internet. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_to_Be..._You_and_Me

What is "concerning"? There was a very civilized discussion about people's preferences in wine, scotch and bourbon ... all perfectly legal and we are all adults here ... Well who knows.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

This is the Internet. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_to_Be..._You_and_Me

What is "concerning"? There was a very civilized discussion about people's preferences in wine, scotch and bourbon ... all perfectly legal and we are all adults here ... Well who knows.

Gee, what was I thinking? It IS the internet! I recommend St John Kolobos Dwarf-style Bitter Treefruit Lambic.

fb4cb2b2f775129d59222ca545cf0c30.jpg

That doesn't mean anything, and it's not transparency by any stretch of the imagination.

A Google search throws up a Facebook ID with zero friends. Seriously who has zero friends on Facebook? Even I can create a new ID with someone's photograph and call it my transparency avatar. Unless you have hidden your friends for privacy reasons, is that even possible?

Just saying…

Precisely why transparency is what I've always favoured.

徐中銳 is my legal' date=' passport name...[/quote']

Starting this reply, I'm uncertain what tone of writing to use.

It's unnecessary for me to be sarcastic, so, I'll try not to...

Indeed, I've hidden who my friends on Facebook are. 6 months ago, I hid my Friends list even from Friends of Friends. But realising my appearance on Mutual Friend's « People You May Know » I relented so as not to alarm with my Chinese spelling...

Of course, if you don't use Facebook, the above paragraph...

And my digital presence isn't big because (even my girlfriend teases me as « an ascetic » and especially online in how) I live not needing LinkedIn, nor Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr...

Well, Facebook is my primary social network—people I care deeply for are there, I'm accountable for my name, conduct...

Incidentally, only Friends of Friends can Add me.

Plus, did you know that we all can choose not to display CA's Recent Visitors ?

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

Yes!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22854[/ATTACH]

Where does the fur stop and the dog start?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Tibetan Mastiffs are cute.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22855[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22856[/ATTACH]

"Objectivity can bite you in the arse. That's how you know the objectively real stuff is out there. You hold a mistaken (perhaps subjective) belief, and your mistake makes you do something that results in broken bones, electrocution, or just a counterexample to your hypothesis. Something is objectively real if you kick it and it kicks you back." ---wgscott

Tibetan Mastiffs are cute.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22855[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22856[/ATTACH]

Dang, That's just about the most scary looking dog I've ever seen. Looks like a northern brown bear on the attack protecting her cubs.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Nope. Golden retriever puppies were the causative agent.

Got it. BTW, have you considered a Tibetan Mastiff? According to a recent issue of The Economist, the price has come down significantly.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

It's good to see we are all still in the nuthouse.

OP, I give up. Not sure where your tone is at, but I'm guessing cryptic is one of them. Anyways, got better things to do…

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther