IGNORED

Who are 'we' to name names ?

My skin thickener of choice generally comes in a 750 ml bottle .. Glenmorangie is on the label :)

This is one that really needs to be tested. Some find their skin getting thinner as usage of such products increases.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I alluded in the beginning of this Thread to « glory » because is that what some prolific Posters here « seek » ?

Seeking, I remember this photo of Tim de Paravicini from a recent 6moons' 3-page Feature on Japanese Audiophilia :

10.png

And :

9.png

5.png

For now, I'm younger than most of you, my heritage—foreign and quite a bit older.

I've got my day ahead, later

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

Allowing for language and communication differences, many of your posts appear to be attempts at getting free advertising for Marantz interlaced with videos that you are currently finding enjoyable.

While I appreciate your great respect for your friend's excellent work, I also believe the site administrator has given you great latitude in this regard. Therefore you may consider taking care in your posts that are critical of the comments of others.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

This is one that really needs to be tested. Some find their skin getting thinner as usage of such products increases.

Dewars tends to thin the skin for me, so it depends.

Double shot blind test, of course.

I find sighted testing with the appropriate dram over a long period of time is "better" than the double-shot blind test (DSBT). Naturally, YMMV.

This thread isn't all that bad. At least we're not arguing about cables.

Is that a balanced or single ended viewpoint?

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I find the double shots until blind methodology to be quite pleasant.

It is the unblinding the next day that causes something of an ouch!

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

I alluded in the beginning of this Thread to « glory » because is that what some prolific Posters here « seek » ?

I've got my day ahead' date=' later

[/font']

I'm sorry that you are struggling to get your point across. Perhaps it's the brusque style of some of us that puts you off. No harm is intended, with very few exceptions this is a patient but demanding group of people.

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

Well, I like to be by myself when I drink alone! (2010, Pinot Noir, Julia's Vineyard, Foxen, Santa Barbara County)

But I have to give the OP credit for attempting to bridge some serious language and cultural gaps. Maybe some of his Zen-ola can cross the gap between NZ and OZ, thereby defanging some of the comments that emit from Sidney. ( See the "little bitches" thread.)

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

A Post about linking onwards from semente's link of Mark Waldrep's article on Cookie Marenco, I found what was quoted stopped short of MW's :

As I said previously, the sound is extremely rich and natural sounding.

And CM herself Commented twice (at good length) below Waldrep's original text, her first had a link to where great background information can be read :

I’ve operated a commercial recording facility out of 2200 sq feet of my house for more than 30 years (OTR Studios). It’s not my ideal place to record, but the price is right. :)

How many readers had linked around, or just knew where insights are, but didn't (for whatever reasons) say anything to 'R' about this selectivity, his ignorance ?

N.B. I see that Thread's title has now changed from being specifically "Blue Coast Records sample files" to generalised "Recording Methods and Fidelity"

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

I share your confusion, Chris.

If I understand you correctly, Wilhelm, you're expressing concern over inclusion of well known industry names in posts by people who don't actually know or have any connection to them. If you're asking what we all think of such "name dropping", I suspect that most find it as annoying and pretentious as I do. But there are many on this forum who actually do have personal and/or working relationships with industry leaders - so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. And more than a few CA regulars are or have been industry leaders themselves.

I don't get it. I don't KNOW or have any connection with President Obama, but does that mean that I have no right to voice an opinion about his performance as POTUS? I do "know" (in that I have met, and have attended lectures by,) Both Mark Waldrep and Cookie Marenco, but even if I didn't have any connection with them whatsoever, my opinions of their work would be unaffected. I guess my point is that I don't see how it matters whether we know these people or not. We are, when we are being critical of their work, not being personal. After all, we don't know the people involved enough to make personal remarks about the people themselves. When I say (for instance) that I don't agree with Mark Waldrop's recording practices, I'm not saying that Mr. Waldrep isn't a nice guy (from the couple of times that I've met him, I'd say that he is a very nice guy), I'm saying that I don't approve of his work, it has nothing whatsoever to do with him personally. So, I don't understand the OP's point AT ALL!

George

Intelligent--or is it intelligible, posts often don't get anywhere near this much attention.

Having said that, what is this thread's topic about exactly? It would be interesting--to me anyway, if you, Willhelm, would honestly and above all simply state what it is you want here.

Chris

Intelligent--or is it intelligible, posts often don't get anywhere near this much attention.

Having said that, what is this thread's topic about exactly? It would be interesting--to me anyway, if you, Willhelm, would honestly and above all simply state what it is you want here.

Chris

It's a mystery.