IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

Re: Lee

I would think your DAC would only play at 32bit with 32bit files. Otherwise, it will play at the bit rate of files.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

I was playing 16 bit and 24 bit files, the 16 bit files were showing as 24 bit on the output in audirvana

This is "zero packing," filling the bits from 17 through 24 with zeroes. Makes no difference to the sound, any more than 1.00000000 is different from 1.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Re: Lee

I would think your DAC would only play at 32bit with 32bit files. Otherwise, it will play at the bit rate of files.

OK mate thanks for that, I thought I was doing something wrong with the settings in Audirvana

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

This is "zero packing," filling the bits from 17 through 24 with zeroes. Makes no difference to the sound, any more than 1.00000000 is different from 1.

Cheers Jud, kind of makes sense to me

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

Yes, me to. Maybe iTunes not uses Metadata right, but why on Earth can Roon, Ammara and PureMusic show all the artwork, and A+ cannot?

To bad, the sound is good, but as said before, I have too many albums not showing correct in A+. Tried Yate and all the others, but I have to correct one album at a time.

WHY can´t A+ just adopt iTunes files as they are, and just play the good sound ???

KnockKnock

6) And it's still bothering me that for many, many albums in my collection there's no cover in Audirvana, even though in iTunes the cover is shown correctly - obviously that's because Audirvana uses metadata in a different way than iTunes does, but I really wish Audirvana would adapt this.

WHY can´t A+ just adopt iTunes files as they are, and just play the good sound ???

this is exactly what A+ is doing: taking iTunes files as they are :P

(so, and *blame it on iTunes*, no embedded cover art!)

that's because Audirvana uses metadata in a different way than iTunes does

no: it's iTunes using tags and metadata in a way that does *NOT* conform to standards!

but I really wish Audirvana would adapt this.

why don't you really wish, instead, for *Apple* to fix for good iTunes once forever? ;)

... oh... wait... "maybe" Apple wants you to stay forever with iTunes so they won't :P

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

The first time i use Audirvana in stand Alone mode, i have to paste a lot of cover art.

a small work (2 hours for me)

now it's perfect.

every time i add / rip an album, i take care to metadata.

with Xld for exemple, all files are good.

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

Yes, me to. Maybe iTunes not uses Metadata right, but why on Earth can Roon, Ammara and PureMusic show all the artwork, and A+ cannot?

To bad, the sound is good, but as said before, I have too many albums not showing correct in A+. Tried Yate and all the others, but I have to correct one album at a time.

KnockKnock

6) And it's still bothering me that for many, many albums in my collection there's no cover in Audirvana, even though in iTunes the cover is shown correctly - obviously that's because Audirvana uses metadata in a different way than iTunes does, but I really wish Audirvana would adapt this.

This has been discussed here many times. iTunes stores album art in its separate, proprietary database. If you want to permanently imbed album cover art into your music files when tagging with iTunes, download Doug's Applescripts for managing artwork and install the scripts on your computer as instructed.

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes - Managing Artwork

Re album art and tagging:

I use A+ in stand alone mode. My database contains currently >19000 albums / > 210'000 songs, all ALAC or DSF. I tag everything carefully with mp3tag (on a windows pc). I have NEVER had any issues with A+. Everything has always been handled and shown as it should. Two thumbs up for A+!

Synology Rackstation NAS > 2012 MacMini SSD 16GB RAM > Audirvana Plus > Ayon Stratos > Ayon Helios > Marten Miles V

I'm trailing an Exogal comet Dac which is supposed to 32bit on USB but for some reason the display in Audirvana plus shows the playback as 24bit, any ideas ?

I've seen answers from other people here and i'm not talking about the result of the sound and the zero thing added, but my DAC always shows 32 bits, so maybe some settings to be check... like in these images... in A+ prefs and Midi set up prefs. You can see in A+ that the sound enter at 16/44 and out at 32/384 for me.

Snapz002.jpg

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

V

I've seen answers from other people here and i'm not talking about the result of the sound and the zero thing added, but my DAC always shows 32 bits, so maybe some settings to be check... like in these images... in A+ prefs and Midi set up prefs. You can see in A+ that the sound enter at 16/44 and out at 32/384 for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22767[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22768[/ATTACH]

Hi, I did check the settings as you've outlined above but for some reason it would only play as 24bit, the Dac has now gone back as it was only a loaner

Just released beta 13 for 2.3 (2.2.9.13) with:

• Migration of the tracks list view to the new UI (includes enhancements for the album tracks view like columns choice, and in row rating editing). This was the last major step towards 2.3 release.
  • bug fixes
  • And SQ optimization ;)

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

• Migration of the tracks list view to the new UI (includes enhancements for the album tracks view like columns choice, and in row rating editing). This was the last major step towards 2.3 release.
  • bug fixes
  • And SQ optimization ;)

Damien

Great update! But why isn't the Comment field available in track view? Please add it! :)

Edit: also, I can't get the changes in track view to save. When I select another album the track view is back to default settings.

• bug fixes
  • And SQ optimization ;)

Damien

Damien, in the updated track mode, when you sort by album, it would be great if the tracks could be sorted by track and disc number within an album. I'm not sure how to do this right now.

Damien, in the updated track mode, when you sort by album, it would be great if the tracks could be sorted by track and disc number within an album. I'm not sure how to do this right now.

You use the view options (view menu command), and there you add Disc # then Track # as sort criteria in addition to album title

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Great update! But why isn't the Comment field available in track view? Please add it! :)

Edit: also, I can't get the changes in track view to save. When I select another album the track view is back to default settings.

Thanks for these reports. I've fixed both.

Fixes will be in the release candidate I'll issue Monday or Tuesday.

BTW, for those of you who make comparisons with previous versions: if you have Qobuz tracks or dropped file tracks in the play queue of 2.3beta 13, you need to empty the play queue before switching to an earlier version.

• bug fixes
  • And SQ optimization ;)

Damien

Hmm, can't change the columns anymore in track view. The list with the choice of columns stays grey. Do I miss anything?

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

Have a somewhat serious issue.

A+ with several DACs and on different Macs (including where it is the only thing running) sometimes stops playback, or interrupts it.

Disabling services, using direct mode or not, doesn't change things much.

The only solution appears to be to stop (not pause) playback, and the restart.

Been happening for several versions of the A+.

Damien: Could you please take a look at it?