IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

Hi

I forgot to precise, i have this issue with Audirvana for Mac Os.

Hi

I've been using audirvana for approximatively a year now and i love it !

I've noticed an issue that is bugging me. I classify the albums by year in my library, and i've noticed that each time i close and open audirvana a few albums go up the list (even if they are not the oldest albums in my library), and when i have a look at those albums track infos, some are missing the year field (even though each time i add one album in my library i add the metadata for the year), as if audirvana was deleting them for some tracks. it seems to be related to the BPM metadata, i don't know how, but for all those albums that appear up in the list when i open audirvana there are bpm info too (i'm not used to putting the bpm metadata, i think they are just there when i get the album).

I hope i made myself clear, it would be awesome if it could get resolved.

Cheers and thanks for the hardwork Damien,

A fellow frenchman

all I can think of is... you are also playing those tracks using another player that automatically writes BPM... in the wrong tag

(or that whilst writing BPM deletes, or remaps, "Year")

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Laborious installation of the new beta Qobuz, don't Know why ...

CAD scripts may be ?

Qobuz not working, somme freeze windoWs.

Try to Go back but the old version is not using the same engine.

after a while the latest 2.2.9.10 is working good.... Very good SQ.

great job

pascal

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

all I can think of is... you are also playing those tracks using another player that automatically writes BPM... in the wrong tag

(or that whilst writing BPM deletes, or remaps, "Year")

I don't use any other audio player. New albums appear up the list ( year tags messed up) each time i close and reopen audirvana.

It's a tiny thing, but i'm very thorough with my digital library and it bugs the hell out of me :)

I've had this problem for months, i should have reported it earlier though.

which tagger are you using? check if tags are mapped properly and if it allows, eventually, to remap them

all that A+ writes, I believe, has only to do with date added, last played/skipped dates and maybe play count

none of these should affect year nor BPM

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

which tagger are you using? check if tags are mapped properly and if it allows, eventually, to remap them

all that A+ writes, I believe, has only to do with date added, last played/skipped dates and maybe play count

none of these should affect year nor BPM

I add the album files directly to my audirvana library and then i modify the tags with audirvana's right side panel.

sorry, then: no further ideas :(

for sure A+ doesn't write/modify year nor bpm automagically

shout.gif Daaaaaaaamiiiieeeeennnnn!!!! ^^^^

headphones system:

My laptop doesn't broadcast over bonjour (for security reasons) so the iPad app I paid $10 for is useless. Why not let me add the IP address manually from inside the app? Please?

Also, when will the last selected playlist be restored on startup? This has bugged me for quite some time. Small, but critical, usability problems like this are what drive me crazy with this app.

-Mike

Ok. Can you with a metadata editor (e.g. Yate, kid3, ...) open one of those files that don't get their artwork imported? And check if it is in the file or not?

Can you also try the Doug's script that extract the artwork from iTunes?

So I got myself kid3 and checked - even though for those files you can see the artwork in the Finder, according to kid3 it's not in the file.

I haven't figured out which Doug script I would need and how to use it. Have never worked with any script before, sorry not a pro here. Which script would check all my files, take the cover from iTunes and put it into the file?

But most importantly, when Audirvana tells me after any iTunes sync that there are all those albums with covers in iTunes but not in Audirvana and offers to include those covers - and I click 'select all' and 'ok' - why doesn't Audirvana does what it promises?

I have posted before about problems I have had syncing with my music folder. Since then I have experimented by using different sized library folders and at least on my system, I have found that music library size is a major determinate as to the time it takes to sync.

With a folder (small music library) that contains 11,000+ albums on a single 6tb drive it takes A+ almost 9 hours to complete the syncing process. Even when adding only one new album the program still takes the same amount of time to work through the process. While that is happening the application is functionally unusable as any movement of the cursor initiates a 'beach ball' that forestalls any further action.

Yesterday I added a new Aaron Neville album and because it starts with a double Aa I saw Audirvana sync with it early in the syncing process and the song count grow by 12, which is the number of songs in the album. But even after the album had been added, the syncing progress bar remained blue and the program continued to sync for another nine hours before it completed the process and I could play music.

I assume that it is progressing to plod through each album folder looking for any possible changes and that the timing is determined solely by the number of songs it has to sort through and the speed of the underlying database application utilized by A+. If I am wrong about these assumptions or if anyone can make a suggestion as to how I might alleviate this issue I would welcome all thoughts and ideas.

In contrast to A+, JRiver MC takes about three minutes to import, analyze and re-sync to the folder after adding the one album.

While I prefer the sound of A+, having to wait 9 hours each time I add music or make modifications to the existing music folder is a burden, when compared to the expeditious treatment in JRMC. And the use of my large library would be unthinkable.

BTW, this is using a mac mini i7 processor and 16 gigs ram with a 240 Crucial SSD internal drive and a 6tb HGST external using USB 3. Dedicated audio machine running no other apps.

I updated to the latest beta (from 2.2.9.6 to 2.2.9.10) and the Qobuz integration is now very slow. When selecting an album in qobuz it says Loading in the track section. Also selecting a track is as slow as the Loading.

same here: I think something is wrong, *today*, on Qobuz side :(

(streaming, though, works fine)

never had this happen before neither with 2.2.9.6 nor 2.2.9.10 which I'm using since the very moment it was released

headphones system:

same here: I think something is wrong, *today*, on Qobuz side :(

(streaming, though, works fine)

never had this happen before neither with 2.2.9.6 nor 2.2.9.10 which I'm using since the very moment it was released

Agree, seems to be a Qobuz issue, never saw this before. BTW; the Qobuz Desktop App and the site are both having problems.

btw... Damien: it is me or... "Save" and "Revert" buttons position is now inverted (in 2.2.9.10)?

every time I, now, add a rating and "automatically" click to save it I'm hitting "Revert" instead and must start over :(

headphones system:

Hi, since I updated to 2.2.5 having a small problem where playback stops after one track even though I am dragging a full album into the play queue (in album view -- standalone mode). The playback buttons at the top show the "stop" square, not the "play" triangle, so it appears as if something should be playing. When I click on play queue, all the songs on the album are properly listed in the queue. Pressing stop, then play usually resumes play.

Any suggestions to resolve?

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

2.2.5 doesn't sound as full and detailed as the seductive 2.2.4

All the latest point updates were great with 2.2.4 being the zenith.

I'd love to try 2.3 beta. Guess I'll back tonight and see if the sq meets 2.2.4

Noticed 2.2.5's sq regression on the first song I played yesterday morning. Thought maybe it was in my head but got some help last night to do some blind testing and was right every time picking which of the two versions I was hearing.

2.2.4 's sq is beautiful

Thats my impression also.

Was able to reinstall 2.2.4

Don't know why, but better sq according to my ears

Fully agree. sq on 2.2.4 was amazing, 2.2.5 is a huge step back. The soundstage is much smaller, less clarity and livelyness. Reinstalled 2.2.4.

Synology Rackstation NAS > 2012 MacMini SSD 16GB RAM > Audirvana Plus > Ayon Stratos > Ayon Helios > Marten Miles V

sorry, then: no further ideas :(

for sure A+ doesn't write/modify year nor bpm automagically

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22424[/ATTACH] Daaaaaaaamiiiieeeeennnnn!!!! ^^^^

Thanks anyway :)

Another weird thing i've noticed, if i have a look at my library and there is let's say 3 albums with the issue (showing up in the list even if they are recent albums), and then i have a look at a playlist, and then i come back to the library, it's not the same albums up in the list ...

I think audirvana is trolling me. I've given up and i'm trying to get used to have 201x albums before Bud Powell's 1955 album :)

hhhhhmmmm... have you tried fiddling with "sorting order" (View/Show View Options) in your Library *and* in each playlist?

headphones system:

Hi, since I updated to 2.2.5 having a small problem where playback stops after one track even though I am dragging a full album into the play queue (in album view -- standalone mode). The playback buttons at the top show the "stop" square, not the "play" triangle, so it appears as if something should be playing. When I click on play queue, all the songs on the album are properly listed in the queue. Pressing stop, then play usually resumes play.

Any suggestions to resolve?

Anybody?

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

i have that also from time to time...

first track stop for no reason at 3 or 4 seconds before the end...

i just drag the cursor to the end and the next song start playing...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

That's been an issue for some time now... especially bad when it's accompanied by a loud buzz... Only happens on the first track played.

It's something people have discussed here before, but isn't a bug Damien's been able to replicate himself... So I'm clueless. Any insights that might help Damien problem-solve the issue would be appreciated.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

I'm very frustrated with the entire A+ ecosystem.

I have a playlist on desktop that lets me view by album. Works great. It has all my HiRes albums in it. On the iPad, this playlist, while perfectly synced, only lets me view by track. There is no way to view that list by album or anything else. 1900 tracks, all in a row. This is useless to me.

It's exactly this kind of lack of attention to detail that makes me shake my fists at the sky. Am I missing something obvious? Please, just make the user interface work.

-mike