IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

Hmm, can't change the columns anymore in track view. The list with the choice of columns stays grey. Do I miss anything?

Can you send me (by PM) the procedure to reproduce this?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Have a somewhat serious issue.

A+ with several DACs and on different Macs (including where it is the only thing running) sometimes stops playback, or interrupts it.

Disabling services, using direct mode or not, doesn't change things much.

The only solution appears to be to stop (not pause) playback, and the restart.

Been happening for several versions of the A+.

Damien: Could you please take a look at it?

If you can't restart playback by also selecting another track, ans it happens with any kind of audio file, this could be your DAC (its USB interface) crashing. Or the USB cable.

What is your DAC model? is the USB interface getting hot?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

@Damien: current, *playing*, playlist (Discover/Qobuz Playlist) is *not* highlighted in red :-/

(...hhhhmmmm... not sure they were before :P )

albums instead are :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

when we will have a balance control in audirvana?

This is absolutely necessary for me.

Just use an Audio Unit.

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

??

If bluecat or flux doesn't fix your problem, I doubt A+ will do this...

Maybe a small passive pre with separate signal left/right ?

Or try a more advanced suite from pro plugins, iZotope (Alloy or Ozone) or Waves maybe (expensive...)

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

Because I don't see how it would be better than a pro plugin dedicated to this job.

But maybe I'm wrong. Damien should give you a response.

Dithering is from iZotope in A+, so you could try an iZotope plugin. What's the problem with the others AU like flux's stuff ?

basically these au plugins cause loss of sharpness.

I disagree. I'm a mix and mastering engineer and use various plugins very often. It mostly depends on user ability. Most of the music we hear now has gone through various plugins which will all work with A+ as they all have AU versions.

Please...

I don't know how erase an album in a playlist...:-(

Barre de menu Audirvana > Fichier > effacer la liste en cours :o

sorry for that, dont Know how to translate.

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

"I disagree. I'm a mix and mastering engineer and use various plugins very often. It mostly depends on user ability. Most of the music we hear now has gone through various plugins which will all work with A+ as they all have AU versions."

Ok, I have respect for their opinion and know how acquired in their job. However, in this "hobby", I trust only in unique witness: my ears.

... is it me or today Qobuz (or A+ 2.2.9.13?) only plays the first 3-4 tracks of an album then stops? :-/

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Just started using the new A+ beta, 2.9.13, and I find the reliability to be total crap when using the iOS remote. Haven't tried the other beta's but this version of A+ has either crashed or just stopped playing at least a dozen times in the short time I've used this beta version. The problems all seem to be centered on interactions with the remote, i.e. usually when manually trying to change albums or playlists. The remote will lose connection then when use my iMac to screen share to my dedicated music mini where A+ resides I see the message that A+ quit unexpectedly.

Speaking for myself, my priorities for A+ are as follows:

1) Reliability

2) Sound quality, this is a VERY close second to reliability but non the less still second.

3) Convenience

4) Features set

I'm concerned that as A+ continues to expand it's feature set my other priorities will suffer, it seems every-time I turn around somebody is asking for some other new feature to be added to A+.

I think folks should take a break from constantly asking for new features to be added to A+ and return the focus back to the basics of building the best sounding most reliable Mac music player available. Again I'm just speaking for myself here.

Rant over...

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

Bob... I've been using 2.2.9.x betas for quite a while and never had any crashing issue unless when streaming from Qobuz and the connection was, for some reason, slow

obviously I have only used, *mostly*, Remote Desktop 'cause A+ Remote still isn't updated for the streaming part (and, btw, I'm amazed by the audio quality of streaming :) )

but I also used quite often the Remote when listening to my own music and never had an issue (apart the usual one that it is better closing the app when you're done, before the iPad/iPhone sleeps, to avoid issues on re-connecting. but this has been so since... forever. and it is just a precaution)

this both with an iPad Air and an iPhone 6s

not much help, I know: sorry :(

headphones system:

"I disagree. I'm a mix and mastering engineer and use various plugins very often. It mostly depends on user ability. Most of the music we hear now has gone through various plugins which will all work with A+ as they all have AU versions."

Ok, I have respect for their opinion and know how acquired in their job. However, in this "hobby", I trust only in unique witness: my ears.

Try FabFilter Pro-Q 2 AU plugin. You can lower the desired channel by (a fraction of) dB's. Use 'Natural Phase' as processing mode. The plugin can be demo-ed in a full functional 30 days trial version. To my ears it is completely non-destructive. I use it for parametric EQ myself.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

I think folks should take a break from constantly asking for new features to be added to A+ and return the focus back to the basics of building the best sounding most reliable Mac music player available. Again I'm just speaking for myself here.

I am completely agree with you. I asked for the same few months ago.

Let Damien to focus on the stability first and then we can ask for new options/features for an other A+ revision.

Again, we are lucky than some one as Damien works so hard to give us this the software of our dream.

I have been using the 'AUHighShelf' filter for the last 4 weeks, and in my highly resolving system I can't hear a quality loss. Previously I modified some AIFFs of problem recording in Amadeus which uses the same AUfilter features. However in that case the SQ did suffer, and the soundstage and depth came down quite a bit. I have thus never bothered trying the AU filters in Audirvana+ until recently.

I am not saying all the filters in their are good, but I can vouch for the High Shelf Filter, it is a good way to control the higher frequency emphasis is you are some problems generally with a bright DAC or speakers.

Since then however, I have changed the big capacitor on my DAC PS from V-Caps to Duelund, and it has eradicated the brightness so no need for the effect now.

Spanish Distributor for Aries Cerat

Two Channel System: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Aries Cerat Genus SET Integrated Amplifier, Plinius SA-103 Power Amplifier, Zingali Horns Client Name Evo 1.2.

Headphone system: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Violectric V281 Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD4 2018, LCD2-Classic 2018.

In album view the track numbering (not the "Track #") misses the first track!

The track shows normally but the numbering starts with 1 from the 2nd track...

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

@Damien: forgive me one more time but, again: showing *also* "Composer" beside "Grouping" might work for most albums but not for all :-/

here's an example (see attachment) where the "Composer", picked for the whole Group, has no meaning at all as only the first track of each Group is actually composed by him

Screen Shot.png

it doesn't even work for Classical "concept albums" (thinking, eg, of "Eloge de la Folie") where the whole album is divided in "logical" sections but each track has a different composer

and I'm not sure it even makes sense for albums as "The Unaccompanied Cello Suites", being all of them from the same composer

I believe a better solution would be to pick *just* the "Grouping" tag and if/when needed a Composer for the whole Group can easily be added by hand to the "Grouping" tag itself

thanks for listening ;)

headphones system:

@Damien: forgive me one more time but, again: showing *also* "Composer" beside "Grouping" might work for most albums but not for all :-/

here's an example (see attachment) where the "Composer", picked for the whole Group, has no meaning at all as only the first track of each Group is actually composed by him

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22866[/ATTACH]

it doesn't even work for Classical "concept albums" (thinking, eg, of "Eloge de la Folie") where the whole album is divided in "logical" sections but each track has a different composer

and I'm not sure it even makes sense for albums as "The Unaccompanied Cello Suites", being all of them from the same composer

I believe a better solution would be to pick *just* the "Grouping" tag and if/when needed a Composer for the whole Group can easily be added by hand to the "Grouping" tag itself

thanks for listening ;)

Except for those of us with 10s of thousands of tracks where "composer" is properly populated and "grouping" is not at all :/

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

In album view the track numbering (not the "Track #") misses the first track!

The track shows normally but the numbering starts with 1 from the 2nd track...

Yes, but I am accustomed to Unix numbering from zero, so it doesn't bother me. :)

Also, I didn't suppose the currently playing selection needed numbering, since we already know when it plays.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Except for those of us with 10s of thousands of tracks where "composer" is properly populated and "grouping" is not at all :/

if "Grouping" is empty it doesn't show in A+ nor does the Composer beside it (look at the attachment I posted: the lines in bold are the Grouping tag + Composer in paretheses. Both are automatically added if and only *if* the Grouping tag is filled)

Composer always (optionally) shows as a column in album view ;)

here's the whole window:

Screen Shot 2015-12-20 16:57:26.png

headphones system: