IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

Damien has said playlists and artists will be available in album view in a future update of the remote app.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

This solution may have been covered already, but I missed it: I finally found a cure all for some duplicate songs in my A+ library - I went to iTunes, got info on groups of songs and checked then unchecked "this album is part of a compilation" in the info window.

Though I had mostly gotten rid of the duplicate problem with Yate, I still had a couple of stubborn songs.

To Mike Pinkerton :

I understand your frustration and that means you really love Audirvana and, like a lot of us, you want Audirvana to be as good as you hope.

But, like any software, it become better and better but little by little.

As an OSX user, every new version has so many bugs or frustrating issue. But little by little, patch after patch, OSX become better.

Audirvana is a young software and there is only one developper.

I am sure, it will become a must have in the next few years

And we will remember we have seen this software to born.

Agree, seems to be a Qobuz issue, never saw this before. BTW; the Qobuz Desktop App and the site are both having problems.

confirmed: Note à nos utilisateurs | Le Blog Qobuz

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

btw... Damien: it is me or... "Save" and "Revert" buttons position is now inverted (in 2.2.9.10)?

every time I, now, add a rating and "automatically" click to save it I'm hitting "Revert" instead and must start over :(

That's right.

It's now correctly aligned with Apple's human interface guidelines.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

ok, thanks for confirming I wasn't dreaming (... having a nightmare, actually :lol: )

guess I'll get used to it :(

(not to where Apple is going since a few years, though. but that's a different story :P )

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Hello All,

I just downloaded the beta version 2.2.9.10... i have to say that there is BIG improvment there over 2.2.5,

sound is still really good. Layout or GUI has change in many places...

Switching from rows to cover mode is WAY faster, almost instantly now...

Just missing the DATE and PLAYS COUNT in cover view when seeing the songs of the album playing,

with that, i could remove the info window and see more covers in the main window.

There is plenty of place to put that in the grey section over the songs list.

When switching back to list mode, we then go to the album that is playing in cover mode...

should be the same when passing from list mode to cover mode... going to the cover album playing in rows mode.

One big thing for me is that the list mode doesn't keeps its preferences window when opening from last quit

or when switching from cover mode to list. You have again to adjust center section of list view.

i Put in the upper section Artist, Albums, Bit Depth, Sample Rate... why there is always one empty???

have to push it to the right then adjusting the 4 windows i want and then sliding those 4 ones down to the lower screen to see more artists.

Lastly, i'm i losing something if my DAC is not recognized in prefs as Native DSD Capability ? why most DAC are and not mine ??

Keep up the good work Damien... All should try the beta :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hello All,

I just downloaded the beta version 2.2.9.10... i have to say that there is BIG improvment there over 2.2.5,

Just missing the DATE and PLAYS COUNT in cover view when seeing the songs of the album playing,

with that, i could remove the info window and see more covers in the main window.

There is plenty of place to put that in the grey section over the songs list.

When switching back to list mode, we then go to the album that is playing in cover mode...

should be the same when passing from list mode to cover mode... going to the cover album playing in rows mode.

One big thing for me is that the list mode doesn't keeps its preferences window when opening from last quit

or when switching from cover mode to list. You have again to adjust center section of list view.

i Put in the upper section Artist, Albums, Bit Depth, Sample Rate... why there is always one empty???

have to push it to the right then adjusting the 4 windows i want and then sliding those 4 ones down to the lower screen to see more artists.

Lastly, i'm i losing something if my DAC is not recognized in prefs as Native DSD Capability ? why most DAC are and not mine ??

Thanks!

And these are coming. I'm just starting to work on the list mode update...

For your DAC, it means I have not received a unique modelID for the DAC guaranteed to be only for DSD capable DACs. The automatic detection relies on the only technically feasible method: a white list.

If you DSD over PCM DAC is not in it, you can set manually the native DSD streaming method to "DSD over PCM 1.0".

By list mode preferences window, you mean the columns structured filter browser ?

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Thank You for Answering Damien,

yes columns structure... see pict... i quit A+ window is set... i open again... have to click Artist to see all, then have to adjust window like before... if i adjust them, then go to covers... and back to edit something in columns... have to set it all up again :-)

it is just the middle section that don't stick...

Snapz002.jpg

Snapz003.jpg

Snapz004.jpg

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

For your DAC, it means I have not received a unique modelID for the DAC guaranteed to be only for DSDcapable DACs. The automatic detection relies on the only technically feasible method: a white list.

If you DSD over PCMDAC is not in it, you can set manually the native DSD streaming method to "DSD over PCM 1.0".

Damien

Yes DSD is playing fine when i choose DSD over PCM 1.0, 64 and 128... but do i lose quality when choosing this method over automatic detection? should i sent an email to Wyred DAC to send you a "modelID" ??

Thank you again.

For your DAC, it means I have not received a unique modelID for the DAC guaranteed to be only for DSDcapable DACs. The automatic detection relies on the only technically feasible method: a white list.

If you DSD over PCMDAC is not in it, you can set manually the native DSD streaming method to "DSD over PCM 1.0".

Damien

Yes DSD is playing fine when i choose DSD over PCM 1.0, 64 and 128... but do i lose quality when choosing this method over automatic detection? should i sent an email to Wyred DAC to send you a "modelID" ??

Thank you again.

No, automatic detection is simply selecting DSD over PCM 1.0 for DACs in the white list.

For the structured filter browser, I'll update its UI as well, though maybe just after the release of 2.3.

Tracks list main view first.

And A+ Remote...

cool thank you...

i edited my post after you saw it maybe... it's just the middle section that moves always :-)

hhhhhmmmm... have you tried fiddling with "sorting order" (View/Show View Options) in your Library *and* in each playlist?

Damn, i finally spotted the issue.

I sometimes use traktor to dj, and it seems that Traktor removes the year tag of the songs i dj -_-

Hello All,

+1

this is a very good one.

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

Damn, i finally spotted the issue.

I sometimes use traktor to dj, and it seems that Traktor removes the year tag of the songs i dj -_-

good! :)

remember my first guess was you were also using some other app and *that one* was messing with tags? :P

;)

headphones system:

good! :)

remember my first guess was you were also using some other app and *that one* was messing with tags? :P

;)

Yeah, i felt dumb when i understood it was traktor and i answered you i didn't use any other player.

The fact that there was a bpm issue too should have led me on the way earlier though.

Interestingly, according to my google research, traktor changing the tags seem to be an issue since 2008 ...

I think i'm going to make mp3 copies of the tracks i want to dj instead off adding my full flac library to traktor.

Have A+ since 1.4 and been upgraded to 2.2.5. Is it possible to search Title (of Song) in addition to Album Title, Album Artist and Artist?

I just tried it out for you. The answer is: yes, but only in track view (make sure "All" or "Title" is selected in the search-field pull-down menu).

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

I just tried it out for you. The answer is: yes, but only in track view (make sure "All" or "Title" is selected in the search-field pull-down menu).

Search is one area of the UI that constantly baffles and frustrates me. Different views have different functionality for no logical reason, search term filters are sticky ("why is only half my music showing? oh, last week I searched for something..."), and many (common) fields are not searchable at all.

I hope Damien is doing something to revamp search from the ground up. Roon's "Filter" functionality is really nice, he should check it out.

-mike

How do I go back to the previous version ? (2.2.4)

If you manage to find out let me know please, I too am not liking the 2.2.5 version and preferred the 2.2.4 version

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

I've released 2.2.5 to add workarounds for El Capitan compatibility issues with some specific DACs. If you don't have such issues (wrong playback speed), you can use 2.2.4 safely. It is available here

Damien, working on 2.3...