IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

On 3/7/2018 at 7:23 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Roon only works with Aurender via AirPlay. 

Chris:

i did not select Airplay when I tried it , should I assume that it was using Airplay without me realizing it? 

Within Roon Remote, the aurender appeared as an available zone, and when I selected it, it worked? 

I did first add the Aurender as a NAS Share in Roon Remote when I was setting it up as to the location of my music files. 

(My intention was to use a SOtM Ultra as the NAA into my DAC, and I had only planned on using the Aurender as my NAS)? 

@russellbobby I recall that you had tried the SR Black and SR Blue fuse’s in you Aurender N10. 

I just opened the fuse box in the IEC, and I see two 2A / 250v fuse’s in there. 

Do you know:

-Are they slow blow or fast blow?

- is one of these (top or bottom) a spare, or does the N10 use two fuse’s?? 

Thanks for your help!! 

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes :~)

That’s probably why it did not sound very good!! 

It was literally an “accident “ that I discovered this in the first place, and since it sounded so poorly vs. The Aurender’s own internal HDD, I have no intention in trying it again anyhow! 

I was just so curious as to how it even was possible. 

37 minutes ago, agladstone said:

@russellbobby I recall that you had tried the SR Black and SR Blue fuse’s in you Aurender N10. 

I just opened the fuse box in the IEC, and I see two 2A / 250v fuse’s in there. 

Do you know:

-Are they slow blow or fast blow?

- is one of these (top or bottom) a spare, or does the N10 use two fuse’s?? 

Thanks for your help!! 

Yes you need slow blow and both are needed.  Also note SR came out with a blue fuse that is above the black you may want to get this on niwnow

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Yes one fuse is on the neutral leg. I could not tell much difference between the black and blue SR fuses though. Looking back at the upgrade I would put the money on isolation and the power cord first 

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Thanks!! I will look into this. 

I currently have one SR Blue (2A / 250V Fast Blow) that came with a Vinni Rossi Power Supply that I recently purchased preowned. I was curious to try it on the Autender (obviously I can’t since I need slow blow and also need two not one). 

I already have a very good Shunyata Ztron power cable on the Aurender and I have Sorbathane Isolation feet that I’ve added also (these are definitely “budget” feet vs stillpoints, etc, but they do still offer some vibration isolation vs. the stock feet). 

I may also try some less expensive Audiophile Fuses in the Aurender first and see if they make any improvements before going for the $150 each SR Blues. 

Anyone have any experience with the HiFi Tuning fuse’s? They are less than half the price of the SR Blues. 

Also, are there any fuses inside the Aurender that also should be upgraded? 

Errant TIDAL tracks

Hello All

I have just got a W20, finished uploading all my NAS stuff & been playing around with Tidal. I am having trouble deleting the odd track or two from my Tidal favourites/links. Their Tidal albums have deleted ok but what I am finding is that there are two that I just can't get rid of ..... the album deleted ok but not these two tracks. These two are ones where the full meta-data never came across, ie just showed the generic gold disc

I have tried all the usual things, reloading the database, stopping starting app, restarting the W20 etc but to no avail.

Driving me nuts! Any thoughts?

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

On 3/8/2018 at 2:20 PM, agladstone said:

Thanks!! I will look into this. 

I currently have one SR Blue (2A / 250V Fast Blow) that came with a Vinni Rossi Power Supply that I recently purchased preowned. I was curious to try it on the Autender (obviously I can’t since I need slow blow and also need two not one). 

I already have a very good Shunyata Ztron power cable on the Aurender and I have Sorbathane Isolation feet that I’ve added also (these are definitely “budget” feet vs stillpoints, etc, but they do still offer some vibration isolation vs. the stock feet). 

I may also try some less expensive Audiophile Fuses in the Aurender first and see if they make any improvements before going for the $150 each SR Blues. 

Anyone have any experience with the HiFi Tuning fuse’s? They are less than half the price of the SR Blues. 

Also, are there any fuses inside the Aurender that also should be upgraded? 

The Sorbathane is not doing you any good. Put 3 Stillpoints minis underneath. Ciamarra on this site will give you a little deal. Much bigger upgrade than the 2 blue fuses for just a bit more

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

On 24/08/2017 at 6:11 PM, agladstone said:

Album Art needs to be either .jpg OR .png , no other format works with Aurrender/ conductor. 

Also it only shows 2 album art photos added to the meta data and always (in my experience) add the front and back album art to the actual meta data and always label first one as front and second one as back specifically. 

Also alwya add a front.jpg and back.jpg (same as the one in meta data) to the albums folder. 

Try to keep Album art size between 1000x1000 to 1400 x1400 If possible. 

You can add all additional album art and scans into a folder within the album folder called Album Art for any additional photos and media. 

I didn't know about the "album art" sub-folder....brilliant thanks for that tip!

need to correct you on the folder.pdf bit though ..... i have found that this works for me (thanks Quboz for being non standard!) and displays same as folder.jpg

Thanks again

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

When ripping CD's, iTunes stores the album art in a different folder and so the conductor app cannot see it.  I can't figure out how to unscramble this and get the album art to show on the conductor app.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, there are other apps out there for ripping and storing music, which I understand may be better than  iTunes.  I use the lossless format when using iTunes. Would anyone care to recommend some other method or app.  Would others solve this rather quirky album art issue with iTunes?  

On 3/8/2018 at 2:20 PM, agladstone said:

I already have a very good Shunyata Ztron power cable on the Aurender..

agladstone,

How do you like the Ztron pc on the aurender? I’m currently auditioning a few PCs to see if any would better the Lessloss pc I’ve been using with my A10.

FWIW, I agree with russellbobby re the fuses. PCs and isolation devices yields the best results. I had the SR blk fuses for a few weeks and did not notice any changes in SQ. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

3 hours ago, Ponzi said:

When ripping CD's, iTunes stores the album art in a different folder and so the conductor app cannot see it.  I can't figure out how to unscramble this and get the album art to show on the conductor app.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, there are other apps out there for ripping and storing music, which I understand may be better than  iTunes.  I use the lossless format when using iTunes. Would anyone care to recommend some other method or app.  Would others solve this rather quirky album art issue with iTunes?  

Not only is iTunes album art pretty well hidden, it also uses a proprietary .itc format. An easy solution is to Google the artwork, rename to folder.jpg, and copy it to the albums folder. After importing a new scan, the Conductor will then display it.

I have been iTunes free for several years, and use XLD (Mac) to rip, dBpoweramp is also good, both will find and embed album artwork.To embed artwork later, or to iTunes ripped albums, use a tag editor such as Metadatics (Mac) or MP3TAG.

5 hours ago, Ponzi said:

There’s likely a script from @DougAdams to do anything you need. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, Ponzi said:

I tried what mjb suggested, but the conductor app just says the new folder is "not recognized as an audio file". 

Rename the album image file you found  “folder.jpg”, and move it to the relevant folder containing the music files. A minute or so later the Aurender scanner will find and index it. Shortly after, a new database is pushed to the conductor app. You should then see the artwork in album view. 

On 3/9/2018 at 8:24 PM, JS21 said:

agladstone,

How do you like the Ztron pc on the aurender? I’m currently auditioning a few PCs to see if any would better the Lessloss pc I’ve been using with my A10.

FWIW, I agree with russellbobby re the fuses. PCs and isolation devices yields the best results. I had the SR blk fuses for a few weeks and did not notice any changes in SQ. 

I have become a diehard Shunyata fan over the years via auditioning several other brands. 

Shunyata power cables just seem to have some magical powers that translate into increased sound quality and performance. 

They have a new series out now called Delta that has replaced the ZTron series that I have and they also have the Aplha line which is above the Delta. I plan to eventually upgrade the Aurender Power Cable from the ZTron to the Delta, since the Delta employees some

new noise filtering enhancements that I think will be beneficial. 

Music Direct has a generous 60 day return policy, so if you live in the USA, that is a great way to give them a trial. 

More questions/problems.  I cannot delete iTunes.  From my research, it appears that the new Mac updates foreclose this possibility.  As luck would have, i downloaded the updates only 2 days ago, after saying "no" for years.  I down loaded "XLD" but the Mac  said it "can't be opened because it is from an identified developer."  Sourceforge does not have Apple's  blessing, it appears.  How shall I say this?  " I do not love the Apple folks at this moment."

11 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

I cannot delete iTunes.  From my research, it appears that the new Mac updates foreclose this possibility.  

:

I down loaded "XLD" but the Mac  said it "can't be opened because it is from an identified developer."

Correct, you can‘t delete iTunes - but you can ignor it.

Right click XLD, choose „open“ from the popup menu, and agree to the warning. You only need to do this once.

25 minutes ago, mjb said:

There‘s a small Conductor App update available: version 2.9.4.1.

Thanks for the update 

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases