IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Have edited my post to add :-

".......I can't be sure that "Enable MQA unfolding" is a pure switch in and out once the software is downloaded......."

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

As posted in another forum :-

"In the $5.5K Aurender A10, MQA did switched off, but part of the MQA’s filtering remained active in the Stereophile tests when measuring/playing non MQA files, and no different firmwares fixed the problem. The filters that remained hobbled the non MQA sound for the worse.
One must ask the question, is this done on purpose? to make MQA look/sound good compared to non MQA??
Cheers George""

This is exactly what I am afraid of. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

10 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

Have a look at this post

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30381-mqa-is-vaporware/?do=findComment&comment=767945

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

11 minutes ago, rickca said:

+1, rickca. Thanks for the link. 

Jon

Just did the upgrade on the A10. Basically hoping for improved searching of MQA files. Everything went perfect, just defaulted to the MQA up sampling. Turned it off and all good to go.   

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

7 minutes ago, russellbobby said:

Just did the upgrade on the A10. Basically hoping for improved searching of MQA files. Everything went perfect, just defaulted to the MQA up sampling. Turned it off and all good to go.   

I just did the A10 update myself: could someone explain the Upsample to 352.8/384khz setting?

you recommend leave it off?

does this address the Stereophile comments?

Deleted

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Older firmware had a bug. You certainly do not have to leave it on as the MQA files will be decoded automatically to their proprietary settings in the A10. 

I have never heard MQA files that have so many inherent problems sound so good.   Of course when Quboz gets around to the US I will gladly move to native Hi-Rez. 

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

3 hours ago, russellbobby said:

Of course when Quboz gets around to the US I will gladly move to native Hi-Rez. 

This is exactly the sort of sentiment, which I share, that will kill off MQA in the long run.

As bandwidth gets cheaper and streaming of native hires becomes more accessible, why listen to lossy MQA when there is lossless native hires?

Jon

Does anyone else have a issues switching stations on the internet radio with the new SW update?

While I’m glad that the display now shows the station that’s playing, switching stations now sometimes takes 30 seconds. 

Not sure how many users stream fm, but I do quite a bit. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

8 hours ago, jon2020 said:

As posted in another forum :-

"In the $5.5K Aurender A10, MQA did switched off, but part of the MQA’s filtering remained active in the Stereophile tests when measuring/playing non MQA files, and no different firmwares fixed the problem. The filters that remained hobbled the non MQA sound for the worse.
One must ask the question, is this done on purpose? to make MQA look/sound good compared to non MQA??
Cheers George""

Hmm, I do not know, but if a play an non MQA both the Aurender and my Devialet says 44.1kHz, when I play a MQA it shows 88,2 or 96kHz. I thought that if you just secledt the normal version of a file in Tidal it was the normal version regardless of MQA..

I have investigated how much data is transferred to the Aurender when I play a MQA compared to a standard file, it is around double up, hence there are for sure more information in the file.

I still think this is a excellent update, I like the idea that for 75USD I have made a significant update to my 2,5years old N100H ? it is for  sure cheaper than what it will cost to update my amp…

I'm surprised by the number of people who are willing to pay for MQA core decoding on Aurender.  I don't know of any other manufacturer that has explicitly charged a separate fee for it.

Is MQA only for the Redbook CD format (44/16)? I have a lot of DSF and HiRez files.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

11 hours ago, JS21 said:

Does anyone else have a issues switching stations on the internet radio with the new SW update?

While I’m glad that the display now shows the station that’s playing, switching stations now sometimes takes 30 seconds. 

Not sure how many users stream fm, but I do quite a bit. 

Same here... sometimes switching stations is instantaneous, sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds.

Very happy with the upgrade.

For the first time streaming is up to my expectations.

I was disappointed with trial  Tidal hifi, a bit less with Qobuz RB quality but this MQA brought a new life to my nearly 6 years old W20.

Will cancel my Spotify account and start Tidal with MQA.

It’ s is not the same like  hires and native DSD from HDD but still a real audiophile quality.

Well done Aurender!

7E361EF1-C478-468E-BDAA-BA3F7AD596EF.jpeg

027F2EB3-0D4E-45A1-AB32-DC0BCF69AC29.jpeg

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

4 hours ago, rickca said:

I'm surprised by the number of people who are willing to pay for MQA core decoding on Aurender.  I don't know of any other manufacturer that has explicitly charged a separate fee for it.

I am too, especially with the number of MQA sceptical threads on CA. It's also setting a worrying precedent

9 minutes ago, marslo said:

Very happy with the upgrade.

:

It’ s is not the same like  hires and native DSD from HDD but still a real audiophile quality.

Well done Aurender!

How can a lossy format be "real audiophile quality" ? A rhetorical question.....

9 minutes ago, mjb said:

How can a lossy format be "real audiophile quality" ?

I think so - as far as playback quality is concerned.

I do not mind about technicalities,  care more about listenning pleasure.Tidal Hifi monthly fee is around 10 euros here, less than one hires album purchased with Qobuz.

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

10 minutes ago, marslo said:

Most would agree that Tidal with MQA is generally better than without but still not as good as native hires and DSD. And for those who subscribe to Tidal, the entry fee for Tidal MQA is well worth it. :)

Jon

1 minute ago, jon2020 said:

Most would agree that Tidal with MQA is generally better than without but still not as good as native hires and DSD. And for those who subscribe to Tidal, the entry fee for Tidal MQA is well worth it. :)

Right:)

Yes it’s very exciting that this MQA upgrade has finally arrived.

I installed it today, and it works very well.

I had actually requested this from tech-support 6 to 8 months ago, and it was unclear if it would be possible.

The cost is nominal, and well worth the upgrade if you subscribe to TIDAL,  or own MQA files.

To those who do not understand how MQA works, or do not wish to upgrade, no one is forcing you…

For me, there is a clear benefit to doubling the sampling rate from 44 or 48 kHz up to 88 or 96 kHz (and yes, the  unfolding correctly re-creates the Hi-Rez original files,  within the limits of our hearing, perhaps with some small MQA improvements/Modifications).  

Of course, we are always dependent on high-quality source material recorded/mastered  in high-resolution.

Thank you thank you to Aurender for implementing this update!

Eric

7 minutes ago, eganz said:

Yes it’s very exciting that this MQA upgrade has finally arrived.

I installed it today, and it works very well.

I had actually requested this from tech-support 6 to 8 months ago, and it was unclear if it would be possible.

The cost is nominal, and well worth the upgrade if you subscribe to TIDAL,  or own MQA files.

To those who do not understand how MQA works, or do not wish to upgrade, no one is forcing you…

For me, there is a clear benefit to doubling the sampling rate from 44 or 48 kHz up to 88 or 96 kHz (And it has been shown that the  unfolding correctly re-creates the Hi-Rez original files,  within the limits of our hearing, perhaps with some small MQA improvements/Modifications).  

Of course, we are always dependent on high-quality source material recorded in high-resolution 

Thank you thank you to Aurender for implementing this update!

Eric

Unfortunately my DAC does not decode however I would like to take advantage for the unfolding.  The question I have is if in the software I select to turn the MQA decoding on how does this work for a mixed playlist of PCM, DSD and MQA.  Does the software know enough to not alter for PCM and DSD and only activate for MQA?  I would assume so but not sure.  OR if the MQA decoding on will it only work with a MQA playlist of tracks only?

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI