IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Further observations 

Boosting Internet download speed and upgrade of Ethernet cable significantly increased the quality of the sound of the A 10 in my system.  I am sure I will hear the oft repeated refrain that digital is digital and increased signal and wire makes no difference -- however, it did in my system.

First, I started with Fios at 75 plus Mbps.  Since the router was on the third floor and the stereo/A 10 was in the basement, I was going to have to run a 100 plus outdoor Ethernet cable to the basement for the A 10.  Instead, I decided to retry using my electrical line to transmit the Ethernet connection -- had unsuccessfully tried this 10 years or more ago without much success.

This time using a TP Link Powerline AC Wi-Fi Kit TL-WPA8630 KIT, it worked.  However, I was getting around 20 Mbps in the basement.  I was using Cat 5 cable from the Verizon router to TP Link module connected to the outlet.  I bought some Cat 7 cable and what a difference.  It more than doubled the download speed.  

Then, I upgraded to Fios Gigabit and what an amazing difference.  Direct connection on the third floor registered 850 plus Mbps.  In the basement to the A 10, I am getting around 300 plus Mbps.  

The Cat 7 cable that I purchased from Amazon is 

PiperCables PRO SERIES CAT7 (3 Pack - 5m/16.5ft) Double Shielded RJ45 Ethernet Network Cable Professional - Fluke Tested - 100% Guaranteed - Gold Plated - SSTP Solid Copper 26AWG

I highly recommend this cable.  I am running it from the Verizon router to the TP Link module in the same room and then running another Cat7 PiperCables from the TP Link module in the basement to the A10.

Another observation -- hooked up a Sony Hi Rez nw-zx2 to my preamp before purchasing the A10 and got a good sound running Tidal.  However, running the nw-zx2 through Wi-Fi with the 75 Mbps speed involved some dropouts.  Using Wi-Fi with the Gigabit connection, provided no drop outs and improved sound.  Although pretty good, the A10 blew it away.

So, highly recommend using Cat 7 Ethernet cables if you are currently using Cat 6 or below.  If available and you are willing to bear the increased expense of a near Gigabit Internet connection, I found it to be well worth it. 

(By the way, have heard the A10 running WireWorld Starlight Cat8 in another system but not mine; that cable is way over the top price wise and I am so pleased with the PiperCables Cat 7, that I am not remotely inclined to try it out).

Will forward a short observation regarding interconnect cable from the A10 to the preamp later.

Enjoy

Ok this is really dumb question so lets keep it right here :) My buddy wants me to bring over my A10 but does not have a hard wired connection. Is there a way I can get a wired connection out of his laptop that is connected over Wi-Fi to the Aurender?

Told ya it was dumb

Thanks,

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

11 minutes ago, russellbobby said:

Ok this is really dumb question so lets keep it right here :) My buddy wants me to bring over my A10 but does not have a hard wired connection. Is there a way I can get a wired connection out of his laptop that is connected over Wi-Fi to the Aurender?

Told ya it was dumb

Thanks,

Russ

Why not buy some powerline adapters instead? Plug one into a socket near his router and connect via Ethernet, and another in the room where the A10 will be and connect via Ethernet. Job done.

I use them and they are very good now - cheap too.

@russellbobby here are a couple of ideas for you:

Do either of you have an amazon prime account? 

I'm assuming he has internet service, but only a wireless router? If this is true, then just buy a wireless router with built in Ethernet switch and an Ethernet cable on Amazon 2 day prime, use them for the demo, then return them when finished (say they where defective or not as described for return reason), then amazon will pay for the return shipping back, etc. 

2. If he does not have internet service, you could do the same as above, however instead of buying a router buy a LTE cellular portable router w/ switch (similar to wireless router but made to use a cellular account to provide the internet service). 

Last idea same as above however look for a device that acts as an Ethernet switch that uses your cell phone as the internet provider (apple iPhones can do this for example and you can buy a lightning to Ethernet adapter or the camera kit, which is lighting to USB and then a USB to Ethernet adapter (I have both of these two things and I've used my iphone and cell service to provide internet service via Ethernet into my computer before with the combination and it works)!

• 2 weeks later...

New update for Aurender hardware. Do not have specs with me but seems to sound the same.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

1 hour ago, markrubin said:

http://www.aurender.com/blog/new-software-release-note-4/post/system-sw-4-5-10-16-app-2-8-5-148

I installed the update in my A10: still looking for different color app skins!!

Yeah. This and the fix for the display issue when streaming FM. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

7 hours ago, agladstone said:

Anyone know what the update actually does? 

I fear adding the update may remove some current features / abilities available now and not sure it's worth the risk unless the update adds some really good new features or capabilities? 

I don't believe anything significant was updated unless you have an N100c. I don't see any anyway. 

According to the notes, the album covers that weren't updating when added to library were fixed, but not in my case. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

When playing any album I added to my library from Tidal.
I’ve restarted both the A10 and the aurender app and have also deleted and re-added albums to my library with the same results. 

Anyone else having this issue after loading the new update?

IMG_0625.PNG

Having all sorts of issues besides the one above, I cannot stream from Tidal, QOBUZ has disappeared completely?? Using a W20, please fix this Aurender.

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

Have lodged a support email through the App

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

Both the app and the A10 were updated. 

I updated the aurender, I'll have to update the app now too. 

I did not find any information about the Aurender N100c on their website, I suppose it's a new model? Too bad they don't come out with an N100I2S :) 

try to delete your current app and then resinstall a new one from the App Store, that can help with a lot of difficulties, it's always helped smooth things out that were buggy for me in the past. 

15 hours ago, isquirrel said:

Having all sorts of issues besides the one above, I cannot stream from Tidal, QOBUZ has disappeared completely?? Using a W20, please fix this Aurender.

I did the updates on my W20 without any issues.  Did you go to the Conductor app to update? I updated via App store, and the W20, and Conductor app.  I also had to reconnect via Conductor to W20.  

after that everything works for me.

Good Luck!

Steve

20 hours ago, JS21 said:

When playing any album I added to my library from Tidal.
I’ve restarted both the A10 and the aurender app and have also deleted and re-added albums to my library with the same results. 

Anyone else having this issue after loading the new update?

IMG_0625.PNG

Same issue here... all is updated (iOS as well)....

2 ch: Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA3, Audio-Research LS25 Mk 2, Chord SMP1050, Dynaudio C1 Signature, Siltech 330i interconnects/330L speaker cables, all Furutech Alpha 3 AC cables, dedicated power lines with Furutech GTX-Gold receptacles, DIY stand. HP: (Aurender N100H/Bryston BDA3 sources), Phonitor X, Audeze LCD-X, AKG812, AKG3003

Same here ! (No album art for Tidal content added to my Library)! 

Also, I'm beginning to wonder if it even makes any sense to add Tidal Content to my library anyhow? 

You can favorite the album in Tidal and when you select Tidal in the app, it appears under favorites and also you can save any Tidal album as a playlist in the conductor app anyhow. 

Also, you can save any playlist in the conductor app that has a mix of both your own stores music and tidal songs all combined, so what's the advantage to saving Tidal Albums in your music library anyhow (frankly it seems useless and it's also confusing to me when I have a cd rip and the tidal MQA version of the same album both saved into my music library as an example) 

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

On 8/6/2017 at 5:41 PM, audio.bill said:

I believe the N100C adds a Coaxial digital output to the N100. Hope this helps!

Correct. It is an N100H with an SPDIF coax output in addition to the USB audio out. It is not on their website yet because it isn't shipping yet. The N100 page will be updated when they start shipping in a few weeks.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

App update with fix now available.