IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, agladstone said:

The one thing that does actually frustrate me is this:

I understand completely why Aurender wants to limit the end users to do too much DYI upgrades to their units. 

However, what they could easily do, is allow the end user to physically replace a broken HDD or someone whom needs more space / larger driver themselves by providing a PDF or online of very specific step by step instructions and photographs (it's honestly a pretty simple task). 

Then, have the end user contact Aurender tech support via email or the conductor app and then Aurender could dial into the unit remotely and they could perform the HDD formatting themselves for the end user. 

I was actually told that this is what they did when I bought my Aurender by my authorized dealer! 

Unfortunately, it turned out to be not true (or they stopped doing it) and I have moved to another state, and I cannot physically go to the dealer I purchased it from myself. 

Thus, my only option is to ship my unit to China and back to upgrade to a larger HDD, when it would be so simple for me to buy a 4TB or 8TB drive(s) and have then log in remotely and perform the reformatting themselves for me if they don't want to allow end users to do it ourselves. 

Why China?  If you are in the US then it goes to Anaheim, CA.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

I thought I read someone say they had to ship it to China in one of the past posts, obviously I was mistaken!!

Shipping to California does not seem too bad:)

They must really not want anyone to upgrade the HDD themselves, they had the post that I had linked to on the other site/ forum removed also!! :)

Does anyone use the Conductor app on an iPad mini?  Is it large enough?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

13 minutes ago, dminches said:

I use it even on first gen. iPad mini and it works! Ofcourse, lot quicker on my iPad Pro, but it it works on mini also. So dont worry, it is OK.

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

My dealer uses 

26 minutes ago, dminches said:

My Aurender dealer uses ani iPad mini with their Aurender.  I find it very adequate and don't find that it is a compromise in any way to the iPad that I use with my system at home. To the Mini's advantage, I like its lighter more portable feel.   

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

2 hours ago, dminches said:

We have a first generation iPad mini which has been replaced with a current standard size iPad. The Mini is adequate, but you might find things a little harder to tap accurately and to read. There's a lot of info on the screen.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

How big are your hands dminches?

I was using the mini the first 2 months I had the A10. Upgraded to the 2017 iPad in April. Easier to read and tap. Better overall for me. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..IsoAcoustics Gaia I and II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

1 hour ago, JS21 said:

How big are your hands dminches?

I was using the mini the first 2 months I had the A10. Upgraded to the 2017 iPad in April. Easier to read and tap. Better overall for me. 

Not huge. I think I may get a regular iPad since the mini may be a little too small. 

Thnaks for all the comments. 

2 hours ago, dminches said:

Not huge. I think I may get a regular iPad since the mini may be a little too small. 

Good choice. You're probably gonna go that way eventually anyway.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..IsoAcoustics Gaia I and II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

3 hours ago, dminches said:

You certainly aren't alone. According to a friend in the business, Apple literally has warehouses of iPad mini's stocked to the ceilings. Buyers are heavily in favor of the larger model, and an even bigger percentage of return buyers who bought mini's move to the regular size. 

JC

11 hours ago, TubeLover said:

You certainly aren't alone. According to a friend in the business, Apple literally has warehouses of iPad mini's stocked to the ceilings. Buyers are heavily in favor of the larger model, and an even bigger percentage of return buyers who bought mini's move to the regular size. 

I've seen several articles in the Apple press where it was suggested that it's actually the Plus size iPhones that killed the iPad Mini.  Buyers looking for something smaller than a full-size iPad found that the Plus sized iPhone served their needs well enough. The Mini's 7.9" screen filled the gap nicely back when the only choices were a 9.5" screen on an iPad and 3.5" or 4" screen on the iPhone.  There's less of a gap now that a 5.5" screen is available on an iPhone.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Hello everybody,
I have a question: I've been connecting an Aurender N100H to my DAC Accuphase DC37. In Conductor > Settings > Music Player I have set 5 seconds time delay. I guess that should guarantee 5 seconds from the relay switch-on and the beginning of the song. But in practice it's not like that:

every time the DAC switches to a different sampling rate, the relay switch-on proves to be 5 seconds delayed, but there's no delay from that to the beginning of the song.

Why does that happen ?

So simple question. Does the app let you sort your album by artist then by year? Another words view your beatle albums chronologically instead of alphabetical? Call it OCD but albums not filed by release date drives me nuts....

Samsung 2TB SSD external drive > Oppo 205 USB in > McIntosh C45 > Proceed AMP5 > Mirage HDT Speakers > Velodyne HGS15 Sub // Nordost Blue Heaven Cables, PS Audio Quintet, OWC 2TB Mercury Elite Pro Firewire

2 hours ago, Deyorew said:

So simple question. Does the app let you sort your album by artist then by year? Another words view your beatle albums chronologically instead of alphabetical? Call it OCD but albums not filed by release date drives me nuts....

You can only sort albums by title name, artist, or album year. Not chronological, just alphabetical when sorting by artist. 

Well, if you change the album title to start with the year it would do that.  I don't believe the "year" metadata is otherwise used.

This is one area that Aurender needs to devote development of the app.  It needs to allow the use to customize the display of the music and allow for all the metadata to be considered in sorting.

16 minutes ago, dminches said:

This is one area that Aurender needs to devote development of the app.  It needs to allow the use to customize the display of the music and allow for all the metadata to be considered in sorting.

Yes I fully agree, simple things like that and sorting artists by last name are what you should expect from a modern solution, but in the years I have had my S10, noting has changed/improved in this area. It feels like all focus is on streaming and not customers with a large music library.

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

The sorting by first name kills me.  I have over 8 TBs of music and I have found a way to sort by last name on my NAS.  Certainly Aurender can figure that one out.

3 minutes ago, dminches said:

The sorting by first name kills me.  I have over 8 TBs of music and I have found a way to sort by last name on my NAS.  Certainly Aurender can figure that one out.

Can - yes! Want? Probably not :(

When I first got my S10 back in 2014, I asked support about the sorting issue, and got the following reply from Eric Shim:

For the sorting issue, at this moment we don’t use artistsort field in tags. We just use artist field, however we are considering this feature.
Once, we finish our priority task, this will be one of task we will focus.

After that - nothing. It's because of this slow/lack of app development progress that have forced me to look in other directions for different options.

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

31 minutes ago, Taxman said:

After that - nothing. It's because of this slow/lack of app development progress that have forced me to look in other directions for different options.

Stand alone players like jriver are full-featured.  I don't know if the all-in-one systems like Aurender or Lumin are very flexible and all for user configuration to that extent.

9 minutes ago, dminches said:

Stand alone players like jriver are full-featured.  I don't know if the all-in-one systems like Aurender or Lumin are very flexible and all for user configuration to that extent.

Thanks. I'm ccurrently setting up a Roon-based solution with a Nuc/ROCK server driving the Bridge-card in my PS Audio DSD. I would say that It's definitely as good sounding as my S10, but of course with a superior user experience.

Okay so second question ...does the software allow for artist and album artist? Like in iTunes? Or just one artist field....

i was seriously about to order the n100h after using a Mac mini for 10 years. But album artist and sort by year have become must haves for me.

Samsung 2TB SSD external drive > Oppo 205 USB in > McIntosh C45 > Proceed AMP5 > Mirage HDT Speakers > Velodyne HGS15 Sub // Nordost Blue Heaven Cables, PS Audio Quintet, OWC 2TB Mercury Elite Pro Firewire

1 hour ago, Deyorew said:

Okay so second question ...does the software allow for artist and album artist? Like in iTunes? Or just one artist field....

i was seriously about to order the n100h after using a Mac mini for 10 years. But album artist and sort by year have become must haves for me.

Yes it does support both those tags so for example all my compilation albums with album artist set to Various Artists will be grouped together after Van Morrison in the Album *Sort by artist-view. It doesn't care about the Compilation-tag though.

Another stupid thing regarding artist/album artist tags and sorting is that there is no way that I have found to completely ignore leading "The" in artist names. This means that The Beatles and The Beach Boys will end up before Camel but after Buddy Holly in the listing. Really strange behavior since I would expect The Beatles to be sorted as Beatles etc.

The recommendation you always tend to get when complaining about things like this is "Why don't you just change artist to Beatles and Ferry, Brian?", but in my world computers are quick and smart - it's just a matter of listening to what your customers want and some clever programming :)

Yikes guys this sounds like aurender is really lacking in some basic library cataloging functions. This honestly is a deal break for me and I was so ready for an n100h too. Does the lightning DS software with aurelic lack this sorting functions as well? My next product on the list would be an Aries or something.