IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What dealer sold you the unit?

I purchased it used so I had no dealer involved.  I think the original dealer was Tim Marutani Consulting.

My local dealers would rather have Aurender deal with it.  Frankly, I appreciate them being honest about it instead of trying to do it if they aren't comfortable doing so.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

26 minutes ago, dminches said:

I understand, but the unit is over 2 years old so it is no longer under warranty.

Have you tried Overature AV in Wilmington, DE? 

I was thinking about asking them if they would do it for me? The dealer in the Washington DC area I purchased my N100H from told me I could do it myself and then Aurender would dial in remotely to format for me, but as you know that was not true. When I asked him to do it for me, he said he did not do it and was not comfortable doing it (seems like he never has and did not want to take the risk?). 

BPW, will Music Direct do this for us? (I'm a good customer)? Also, do you know if the WD Red is the only drive that will work? I wanted to upgrade my N100H to an SSD drive and I know others have done this?

4 minutes ago, agladstone said:

I was thinking about asking them if they would do it for me? The dealer in the Washington DC area I purchased my N100H from told me I could do it myself and then Aurender would dial in remotely to format for me, but as you know that was not true. When I asked him to do it for me, he said he did not do it and was not comfortable doing it (seems like he never has and did not want to take the risk?). 

BPW, will Music Direct do this for us? (I'm a good customer)? Also, do you know if the WD Red is the only drive that will work? I wanted to upgrade my N100H to an SSD drive and I know others have done this?

First, the ONLY drive that works in the W20 is the WD Red, 5400 RPM.  Aurender tech support made that very clear.

I may call Joe Jezyk in Overature since I have purchased stuff there before.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

3 minutes ago, dminches said:

First, the ONLY drive that works in the W20 is the WD Red, 5400 RPM.  Aurender tech support made that very clear.

I may call Joe Jezyk in Overature since I have purchased stuff there before.

Please let me know what they say, if they will do it, I'll give them a shout myself. 

I too have bought things from them (Martin Logan speakers) in the past (although it's been some years since). 

I was thinking if I were to purchase something new from them, that would be an ideal time to ask:) 

2 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Please let me know what they say, if they will do it, I'll give them a shout myself. 

I too have bought things from them (Martin Logan speakers) in the past (although it's been some years since). 

I was thinking if I were to purchase something new from them, that would be an ideal time to ask:) 

FWIW I don't know if Aurender is going to recommend replacing the HDD with an SSD.  If you are going to bother doing this you might as well put in a 4 TB HDD which will give you more storage, unless you are using a NAS.  And I have had both SSDs and HDDs fail, unfortunately.

I will let you know what Overature says.

6 hours ago, agladstone said:

Did you purchase your Aurender from Music Direct? If so, contact me via email (not PM, please) and I will see if this is feasible.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

On 4/16/2017 at 4:43 PM, agladstone said:

I spoke to Overture and I did not feel like this is something that they do regularly so I am shipping the unit to Aurender.  Once I mentioned that they needed to run diagnostics and other tests they said they would likely ship it to Aurender.  So, I am cutting out the middleman and sending it to them directly.

On 3/31/2017 at 8:55 PM, dminches said:

I am going to be demoing an N10 and will be comparing it to my HQPlayer / microRendu combination.  Have you do any similar comparisons?  What were you using before going to the N10?

dminches.......I previously used an Olive 04HD music server and a Sony Vaio laptop with JRiver, both connected to an Esoteric K-03.  Apologies for the delay in answering.  I have been away from the forum.

Dan

On 4/4/2017 at 2:40 AM, NordicBob said:

Dan,

Great to see you here, and that you enjoy your N10 as much as I do mine with my Ayre QX-5 DAC. 

Bob

Bob.......Thank you.  I'll bet your Aurender N10 sounds fabulous with the Ayre QX-5.  I manage to get 3 to 4 hours of dedicated listening to my N10/K-01X rig every day.  Love every second of it.

Dan

Lots of presence of Aurender at Axpona. A10 is the primary source for the High End Mac and Martin Logan Neolith 

IMG_0458.JPG

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

We've been enjoying our A10 in the Rosemont 3 room, including streaming Tidal MQA tracks.

I spoke with the Aurender folks yesterday at length on a range of topics. Replacing hard drives in the various units is possible, but formatting them for use is reserved for dealers. It's something we can do for our customers as a service. Don't try replacing the SSD, though. The only potential advantage of a larger one is more caching capacity. You'd have to have a huge playlist to exceed the installed capacity and create the need for a hard drive to spin up.

3.5" drives (WD Red) are available in up to 10 TB size. A W20 could hold 20 TB of music, for example.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Update on my W20 which is in California having the drives upgraded.

I just received a note from them, via email of course, that the drives are working great but the USB output isn't and it now needs a new main board.  When I sent the unit out the USB output was fine.  It is the only way I have used the machine.

So, either they messed it up in putting in the new drives or it got damaged in shipment.  This is EXACTLY why I didn't want to ship the unit.  I can only imagine what this is going to cost me to replace that board.

Right now I am not very happy.

3 hours ago, dminches said:

Update on my W20 which is in California having the drives upgraded.

I just received a note from them, via email of course, that the drives are working great but the USB output isn't and it now needs a new main board.  When I sent the unit out the USB output was fine.  It is the only way I have used the machine.

So, either they messed it up in putting in the new drives or it got damaged in shipment.  This is EXACTLY why I didn't want to ship the unit.  I can only imagine what this is going to cost me to replace that board.

Right now I am not very happy.

Thats messed up man!  Hope they do the right thing for you on this.  I see no way the USB  got damaged in shipping.  Keep us posted!

Steve

34 minutes ago, classeaddict said:

Thats messed up man!  Hope they do the right thing for you on this.  I see no way the USB  got damaged in shipping.  Keep us posted!

Steve

I spoke to them.  I am hoping that it is an issue where the USB power is turned off via software and the DAC they are testing it with needs the power.  My DAC doesn't so I wouldn't have noticed it.  I do not want to have to pay for a new main board.

3 minutes ago, dminches said:

I spoke to them.  I am hoping that it is an issue where the USB power is turned off via software and the DAC they are testing it with needs the power.  My DAC doesn't so I wouldn't have noticed it.  I do not want to have to pay for a new main board.

I had a similar issue: it took out an Aurender  X100L, an OPPO HA1, and a Mytek Brooklyn USB port

All 3  stepped up and repaired the issue at no charge for me

I see warnings from Aurender to take care to power off the unit  before connecting to these ports

I hope Aurender will step up and fix this for you

Good news.  The unit is fine.  The USB power was shut off and the DAC they use to test the unit requires power.  Once they turned it back on the USB started working.

Whew. 

3 hours ago, dminches said:

Good news.  The unit is fine.  The USB power was shut off and the DAC they use to test the unit requires power.  Once they turned it back on the USB started working.

Whew. 

Good to hear. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

On 4/9/2015 at 3:06 AM, Mr. Big said:

When leaving the Aurender is standby mode, does it go to sleep or does it stay on (front panel lights, etc.). If it does go to sleep, will the iPad app wake it up or do you have to push a button on the unit?

I typically have to push a button to wake it up and then the app connects.  Not saying that is the only way.

Steve

On 4/26/2017 at 7:55 PM, dminches said:

Whew. 

Gives Aurender some credibility and certainly happy for you!  I felt like there was no way the USB would be damaged in shipping or that Aurender would have dome something to damage it.

Steve

I just got an Aurender N100h and it sounds great. I have been using jriver media server via DLNA and uses jremote ipad app to control.  

After I download aurender app, I can't find a way to connect to DLNA server.  Does Aurender support DLNA? If not now, I wonder if there is a future plan to add the DLNA support as I really like jriver/jremote.

thanks