IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

On 8/12/2017 at 3:30 PM, bpw said:

Correct. It is an N100H with an SPDIF coax output in addition to the USB audio out. It is not on their website yet because it isn't shipping yet. The N100 page will be updated when they start shipping in a few weeks.

I wonder why if going through all that "trouble" to add a Coax Spdif, why not also add an AES/UB XLR or even better yet an I2S HDMI, although I suppose at that point it starts becoming a competitor to the N10?? 

1 hour ago, agladstone said:

I suppose at that point it starts becoming a competitor to the N10?? 

…you got it!

Yes, I was very close to upgrade my X100 toward a N10… but on the other hand I realized (based on some listening tests at home) that there was an urgent “need” to change the amplifier first.

In the end, the Devialet 220pro was the best fit compared to the existing and other setups.

Results:

- current setup enabled a new experience of my music collection

- reduced # of boxes and associated cabling

mabe

SEARCH PROBLEM

I own an Aurender N10.  I am no longer to do a search after I've done one search successfully on my iPad unless I go off the Conductor app and then go back on.  At that point,  I am able to do one more search sucessfully, but no more unless I go off the app once again and go back on again.  Although I can't be sure,  this problem appeared to start after the last software update.  

I have uninstalled the the Conductor app off my iPad and then reinstalled it, but that I didn't help.  

Do any other Aurender owners have this problem and if so, we're you able to resolve this issue?  Thanks. 

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

The album covers on some recently added albums on Tidal are not updating. Just getting the generic "gold disc" as art on my Aurender app. 

Submitted a ticket to tidal and waiting for response.

Anyone else with this issue?

Heres a screenshot. 

IMG_0656.PNG

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..IsoAcoustics Gaia I and II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

Would you guys still see the N10 as the jack of all trades in streaming world? 

There are options that cost less but not necessary sound as good (i think). I am assuming Auralic's G2 streamer+ G2 upsampler+ G2 clock stack to compete with Aurender's best. 

On the other side of the fence, there is Sotm Sms200ultra+TxUltra+Sps500 stack and there is Sonore Signature Rendu SE. 

I am pretty happy to observe market interest and growth for such products. But now, I am lost between all these great brands. Don't ask me to audition them as none is available in Dubai.

I apologize if i asked in the wrong thread. I assumed aurender owners have gone through the same doubts before buying. 

On 8/21/2017 at 0:37 PM, gintree44 said:

Yes, no album covers for albums added to NAS.  Have tried renaming pdf file, but no luck.

Try running AMM to scan the NAS and populate the database stored in the iPad.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

4 hours ago, gintree44 said:

Should have mentioned that I've run AMM numerous times--at least every time after I renamed the pdf file.  No luck.  The album came from HDTracks.

I always thought that cover art needs to be a JPEG or similar format.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

18 hours ago, gintree44 said:

Should have mentioned that I've run AMM numerous times--at least every time after I renamed the pdf file.  No luck.  The album came from HDTracks.

If you haven't done so, try naming the .jpg file front.jpg. If that doesn't work, you might need to examine the metadata and see what graphic file is shown there.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Album Art needs to be either .jpg OR .png , no other format works with Aurrender/ conductor. 

Also it only shows 2 album art photos added to the meta data and always (in my experience) add the front and back album art to the actual meta data and always label first one as front and second one as back specifically. 

Also alwya add a front.jpg and back.jpg (same as the one in meta data) to the albums folder. 

Try to keep Album art size between 1000x1000 to 1400 x1400 If possible. 

You can add all additional album art and scans into a folder within the album folder called Album Art for any additional photos and media. 

2 hours ago, agladstone said:

Album Art needs to be either .jpg OR .png , no other format works with Aurrender/ conductor. 

Also it only shows 2 album art photos added to the meta data and always (in my experience) add the front and back album art to the actual meta data and always label first one as front and second one as back specifically. 

Also alwya add a front.jpg and back.jpg (same as the one in meta data) to the albums folder. 

You can add all additional album art and scans into a folder within the album folder called Album Art for any additional photos and media. 

Duh!  That was it.  Converted pdf to jpg with file named "front" and all is well.  Thanks to all for helping me see the error of my ways!

On 8/24/2017 at 1:11 PM, agladstone said:

From the N10 bible http://www.aurender.com/page/appguide-player-albumcoverview 

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mrbooboy said:

Just received my A10 and thought there was a way to turn off the power on the USB output (assuming  external DAC doesn't need it). The problem is I cannot figure out how to do it. Am I confusing models? Thanks.

David

A little confused. Turn off the power on the A10 or power on the USB output?

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..IsoAcoustics Gaia I and II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

In my W20 this can be done only via remote support by Aurender.

The possibility of switching off the power on  usb output was closed by one of the last  updates of the SW.

Unfortunately, Aurender did not ask the owners about the opinion before this downgrade.

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

Annoying that this feature was removed. Aurender if your listening please put it back.

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

4 hours ago, isquirrel said:

Annoying that this feature was removed. Aurender if your listening please put it back.

Hello Russ,

Thanks for contacting us about this. Actually, the A10 does not perform any DSD to PCM conversion- only the N10 and W20 have this feature which applies to the SPDIF outputs only. The USB output on all Aurender models uses DoP version 1.2 for the delivery of DSD files to a USB DAC. Unfortunately, if the DAC does not support DSD using DoP, there isn’t anyway for the USB output to function with DSD files unless they are first converted to PCM using a file conversion software.

Turning off the USB power was at one point a selectable function for the W20 only, but we have since disabled that due to problems caused by cutting the 5V power.

I hope this helps with your questions and please let me know if you would like any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Jesse

The reason for reaching out to Aurender was I my buddy finally brought over his broken in Yggy.

My buddy brought over his Yggy last nite to do a little shoot-out  with the  Aurender A-10.

The A-10's output are all hot so made for an easy a-b with a flick of the input selector. Levels were perfectly matched.

The Yggy was using a Cardas Clear power cord and along with a Wireworld Platinum starlight USB.  Both dacs where using Audience Au24 Se interconnects from thier single ended outputs into my Micro Zotl MZ2s

Music was a mixture of 16/44, 24-96,24-192 played from the Aurender hard drive and Tidal streaming.   I just picked up a pair of Magico S-3's so I consider the system pretty resolving and able to pick out cable changes etc.

The two DACS  sounded so similar we could not pick out the right dac half the time!. It was totally a guess. I actually thought the Yggy would beat the A-10 for PCM but it was not the case.  I kinda wish we had more ears to validate our findings but the results where pretty shocking. Two great Dacs for sure!!

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors