IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

On 12/17/2021 at 8:23 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Most products only support DoP over USB. Some support it on all inputs, but that's rare. 

@Ryan Berry Does the QX5 support DoP into AES and optical?

Thanks for the ping on this.  Yes, the QX-5 should handle DoP into these inputs correctly.  We received a direct email on this Friday and it's looking like some of the optimization we did in the rev. N code is causing issues.  This is on the QX-5 side and we expect to have new code released to correct this as soon as we isolate the cause.

-Ryan Berry

President

Ayre Acoustics, Inc.

12 minutes ago, Ryan Berry said:

Thanks for the ping on this.  Yes, the QX-5 should handle DoP into these inputs correctly.  We received a direct email on this Friday and it's looking like some of the optimization we did in the rev. N code is causing issues.  This is on the QX-5 side and we expect to have new code released to correct this as soon as we isolate the cause.

-Ryan Berry

Fantastic. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Folks, for the past six months, I haven't had the chance to visit this Forum much; hence would appreciate understanding when Aurender's next iOS compatible Conductor app (Gen 4.0 ?) is expected to be released.  My N30 purchased just last week shows the current Conductor app version to be 3.17.15(6), and the system software version to be 1.21.971.

One particularly annoying issue with the current version of the Aurender software is its inability to "Like" (Favorite) an album stored on the HDD.  I found it unbelievable that in this day and age, one can't create (and see) a list of Favorite albums (ripped CDs and downloaded high-rez albums purchased with REAL money) !

Has anyone moved from N10 to N20, would you mind giving a brief description of any improvement.

im thinking about this move, but don’t want to end up with something that is just throwing detail out there for the sake of it.

There seems to be a trend to chase detail at the expense of musicality, not saying Aurender has done this but curious.

many thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Cappuccino said:

Has anyone moved from N10 to N20, would you mind giving a brief description of any improvement.

im thinking about this move, but don’t want to end up with something that is just throwing detail out there for the sake of it.

There seems to be a trend to chase detail at the expense of musicality, not saying Aurender has done this but curious.

many thanks in advance.

I upgraded but kept my N10 for another system given I had upgraded 8TB ssd and 500GB caching drive).  The N20 has a much improved display with easy access to the storage drives in the back (2.5 inch) like the newer N100/150.  I also upgraded because I wanted the ability to sync the word clock with my DAC and previously only on the W20. Having said that I feel the biggest improvement is with that addition and having a solid DAC (MSB Premiere with all options) so my improvements mostly come from that.  Having the built in UPS function helps as well and overall I would call it an evolutionary design upgrade more than revolutionary.  Dead quiet background and very solid imaging but you need a comparable system to gain those benefits.

Noushy

6 hours ago, Cappuccino said:

You can give varying stars to tracks. I like this option as you can select your favourite tracks from an album or just give the same rating to all tracks on a single album.

This gives way more flexibility imho than a standard like button.

Sure, but just because I like a restaurant, and want to memo it in my list of favorites, that does NOT mean that I like all of the dishes offered on the menu at that restaurant!  The calendar year will be 2022 soon, and even TIDAL is sensible enough to offer the subscriber the choice to "Favorite" both songs and albums...  c'mon, Aurender !!

2 hours ago, Quadiffusor HK said:

Sure, but just because I like a restaurant, and want to memo it in my list of favorites, that does NOT mean that I like all of the dishes offered on the menu at that restaurant!  The calendar year will be 2022 soon, and even TIDAL is sensible enough to offer the subscriber the choice to "Favorite" both songs and albums...  c'mon, Aurender !!

I must admit it's a strange omission, discussed here many times already.

31 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Bit rate is shown to the left on your photo. 24 bit. 😉 Probably you found it already, as it's not in your post anymore. 👍🏻

Just to make sure we stick with the standard definitions. 

Bit Depth or Word Length is commonly 16 or 24 bits. 

Bit rate is is calculated from sample rate, bit depth and channel count. 

44.100 x 16 x 2 = 1411 bit rate

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 hours ago, Noushy said:

I upgraded but kept my N10 for another system given I had upgraded 8TB ssd and 500GB caching drive).  The N20 has a much improved display with easy access to the storage drives in the back (2.5 inch) like the newer N100/150.  I also upgraded because I wanted the ability to sync the word clock with my DAC and previously only on the W20. Having said that I feel the biggest improvement is with that addition and having a solid DAC (MSB Premiere with all options) so my improvements mostly come from that.  Having the built in UPS function helps as well and overall I would call it an evolutionary design upgrade more than revolutionary.  Dead quiet background and very solid imaging but you need a comparable system to gain those benefits.

Noushy

All solid reasons for upgrading for sure, but from a pure sound quality point did you do a direct A/B comparison 

1 hour ago, Vincent1234 said:

Bit rate is shown to the left on your photo. 24 bit. 😉 Probably you found it already, as it's not in your post anymore. 👍🏻

Thanks....I noticed that after I posted and why I deleted that portion of the post.

The "24-bit" text was greyed out, not as brightly lit as the Sampling Rate text and buried at the bottom.

Ideally, it would be adjacent to the Sampling Rate - i.e. "192khz/24-bit" and clearly lit in brightness.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Just to make sure we stick with the standard definitions. 

Bit Depth or Word Length is commonly 16 or 24 bits. 

Bit rate is is calculated from sample rate, bit depth and channel count. 

44.100 x 16 x 2 = 1411 bit rate

Correct. Was sticking to the wording used in the question, but you're 100% right. 😉

1 hour ago, Cappuccino said:

All solid reasons for upgrading for sure, but from a pure sound quality point did you do a direct A/B comparison 

For what it's worth: my dealer compared both side by side and thought the N20 was sounding a bit on the warm side compared to the N10 and wasn't too impressed. In any case I would advise you to check it with your own system before deciding on a purchase. As always it will be a matter of system synergy and taste.

Not sure what happened but I can’t connect to my A10 anymore. In the display it says Aurender A10. The app searches for the streamer but can’t it. The on/off is not blinking. When I push it once it starts blinking but nothing else happens. 

Does anyone have any tips?

[br]